• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual Guardian

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
if you were looking to a higher power and a spiritual guide, would you prefer someone with a possible cognitive challenge? or someone with a narcissistic personality disorder?

should we be careful what we wish for?

and how would that effect someone's wisdom overall?

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
if you were looking to a higher power and a spiritual guide, would you prefer someone with a possible cognitive challenge? or someone with a narcissistic personality disorder?

should we be careful what we wish for?

and how would that effect someone's wisdom overall?
Higher Power and Spiritual Guide are two different things to me.

I will take whatever Spiritual Guide my Higher Power has designated for me.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I'm kind of confused by the premise of the question. Are you referring to someone in specific?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

our higher self is our spiritual guide. dualism teaches otherwise.

but if i needed an earthly guardian to represent my best interest, who would i choose to do that in regards to earthly matters on a larger scale.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

That is a very interesting question. You are employing an "exclusive-or". Because of this I cannot answer. I do not agree with the premise.

Narcissistic personality disorder IS a cognitive challenge. This renders your question self-contradictory.

Sorry.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

Taking whatever? I agree. But it's risky, imo.

Negative Role Models are everywhere. There are many more negative Role models in comparison to the positive ones, in my life experiences.

Because of that, there is a wealth of teachers and guides surrounding me on all sides. I just need to be careful to properly recognize the valence, the vector of their trajectory, in relation to who I am, where I want to go, and what I want to do along the journey.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That is a very interesting question. You are employing an "exclusive-or". Because of this I cannot answer. I do not agree with the premise.

Narcissistic personality disorder IS a cognitive challenge. This renders your question self-contradictory.

Sorry.
Then allow me to address it more simply.

would you prefer a leader, a representative of your well being to be a service to self type, or service to all as self type?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Then allow me to address it more simply.

would you prefer a leader, a representative of your well being to be a service to self type, or service to all as self type?

I prefer a wise leader. One which knows when and how to be rigid or flexible on a case by case basis, moment to moment.

That is the most important quality for a good and capable leader.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Taking whatever? I agree. But it's risky, imo.
Its not so much 'take whatever', but recognizing the potential to learn can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time.

Not that I'd accept them as a guru, so to speak, but recognize a lesson when it comes.
Negative Role Models are everywhere. There are many more negative Role models in comparison to the positive ones, in my life experiences.
You can learn from negative role models, too. How not to be. What not to do.
Because of that, there is a wealth of teachers and guides surrounding me on all sides. I just need to be careful to properly recognize the valence, the vector of their trajectory, in relation to who I am, where I want to go, and what I want to do along the journey.
:thumbsup:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I prefer a wise leader. One which knows when and how to be rigid or flexible on a case by case basis, moment to moment.
unconditional love doesn't allow for depraved indifference. dualism allows for hypocrisy

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
yes what type of person might this be? someone who is closer to the ideal of unconditional love? or someone who prefers tribalism? familialism?
I was asking you, on a personal level. Who would yours be?

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
there is one that i guard as my own soul

isaiah 9:6
matthew 11:25
luke 10:21
Which one? I don't know Biblical passages, but am happy to read if you'll share it.
love forgive them for they do not know what they have done to self

Ah! Finally! A song we both like.

We have markedly different tastes in music.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
unconditional love doesn't allow for depraved indifference. dualism allows for hypocrisy

Agreed. Those are extremes. Rare.

From the non-dual perspective there are no leaders at all. There is no team. Your question is again, self defeating.