• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual Guardian

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Which one? I don't know Biblical passages, but am happy to read if you'll share it.

Ah! Finally! A song we both like.

We have markedly different tastes in music.
that spark, that ember that every soul carries from the oversoul within it's being

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Agreed. Those are extremes. Rare.

From the non-dual perspective there are no leaders at all. There is no team. Your question is again, self defeating.
to be as wise as serpent and innocent as doves ultimately playing within the dualists vision and you are correct, it is defeating the serpent. like george and the dragon, like platos dark/white horse in the charioteer. the idea is that the energy can't be destroy, it can only be redirected into a greater way

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
to be as wise as serpent and innocent as doves ultimately playing within the dualists vision and you are correct, it is defeating the serpent. like george and the dragon, like platos dark/white horse in the charioteer. the idea is that the energy can't be destroy, it can only be redirected into a greater way
Ah, that dragon... hell of a bite, I tell you.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

Ok.... I don't disagree. What does this have to do with this thread?

If there is a team, it's Dualism.
If there is a leader, it's Dualism.
If there are others, it's Dualism.

Your premise requires Dualism.

Agreed?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Ok.... I don't disagree. What does this have to do with this thread?

If there is a team, it's Dualism.
If there is a leader, it's Dualism.
If there are others, it's Dualism.

Your premise requires Dualism.

Agreed?

yin and yang. in monism the light is as love. to the dualist they are in an eternal battle. mary/eve is part of the whole and the feminine aspect. to the dualist the darkness is evil. the light is masculine energy and positive. the light was born from darkness. they are inextricably intertwined and eternal

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
yin and yang.

Yin and yang is dualism. You are welcome to disagree. No one will agree with you in the Daoism community. Only syncretists doing mental gymnastics think the Taiji is non-dual.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yin and yang is dualism. You are welcome to disagree. No one will agree with you in the Daoism community. Only syncretists doing mental gymnastics think the Taiji is non-dual.
nope they are one thing alluding that there is separation. they who can name the dao is not the eternal dao.. that is a singularity, not a plurality

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Its not so much 'take whatever', but recognizing the potential to learn can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time.

Not that I'd accept them as a guru, so to speak, but recognize a lesson when it comes.

You can learn from negative role models, too. How not to be. What not to do.

:thumbsup:

Yah, what you describe seems to work best with me. Rather than following a specific teacher or set of rules I prefer to watch and learn from my surroundings and incorporating what I like while warily noting the things I witness others doing that I'd best avoid. Syncretism suits me more

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
nope they are one thing

Things...

The "things" you are referring to are one thing made of 3 components. Remove any of the three, the entire construct collapses.

Below are three distinct examples of mutually dependent dual "things"

1. Left << connecting to >> Right
  2. Up << connecting to >> Down
  3. Inner << connecting to >> Outer
Each of these dual "things" have 3 necessary components: 2 extremes and the connection which is defining them both. Remove any one of these three? Oblivion.

You like oblivion?

You are looking for company?

You feel alone?

Open your eyes

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Things...

The "things" you are referring to are one thing made of 3 components. Remove any of the three, the entire construct collapses.

Below are three distinct examples of mutually dependent dual "things"

1. Left << connecting to >> Right
  2. Up << connecting to >> Down
  3. Inner << connecting to >> Outer
Each of these dual "things" have 3 necessary components: 2 extremes and the connection which is defining them both. Remove any one of these three? Oblivion.

You like oblivion?

You are looking for company?

You feel alone?

Open your eyes
at third density that would seem to be the case but the all occupies all space/time. there is no left/right, no inner/outward, no up/down. that which isn't created can't be obliviated.

and given what i know, there is the no-hiding theorem so the information can't be destroyed even if it appears destroyed/dissipated