• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spiritual outlet

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
My perspective is that I don’t have to say that I believe DEF when really I believe ABC. This is because people in general would probably not think I’m cuckoo when explaining my beliefs as a Hindu. Anybody who has read the Bhagavad Gītā, for instance, can recognize that Hindu philosophy is sophisticated like many other philosophies. (One night when I was having pizza with some co-workers, they asked me many questions about my beliefs, and I kindly answered truthfully. Their reactions were positive. More than once though, they said something like, ‘That is so different’ or, ‘That is really complex.’)
This was a great story to share, thank you!

One of the things this made me think about is the perception of "legitimacy" when it comes to some religious traditions but not others. That is, the more legitimate and established a religion is perceived to be, the less any explanation of who you are and what you do is viewed as "cuckoo." I have definitely noticed contemporary Pagans not being taken seriously compared to other Pagan or Pagan-adjacent religions like Hinduism and Shinto. This is part of why contemporary Paganism would try to connect itself to something ancient, because that lends to it an air of legitimacy, when really that shouldn't be necessary to begin with. It makes me sad when I explain, for instance, the animistic underpinnings of my lifeways and I feel like if I was Native American or Shinto folks would actually... I dunno... respectfully listen and accept it.

Most religious texts are a story about the one truth. Some texts are closer to the truth than others.
Now I think, we will be seeing you start a religion very soon if I'm "read between the lines" correctly.
1. To claim that, "some religions are closer to the truth" denotes that you know what the truth is. and​
2. If you put all of those texts you claim, "are closer to the truth" under the scrutiny the Bible had gone and is still going through, then you will realize they don't stand a chance.​
Please when making claims, make sure you have authentic sources that proof their authenticity.
I have also demonstrated how contradictions work.
finally, submit those materials under the tests you would render to confirm the authenticity of Alexander the great.
when you are done, come back lets continue the debate. i would be waiting to learn facts and truths not just empty claims

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Does anyone here keep their true religious/spiritual beliefs to themselves because people would think they’re cuckoo? Personally, I don’t share my beliefs with people outside of this website. It feels good to talk about my beliefs, every now and again, here where nobody knows who I am.
I've maintained that one's religion and spiritual disposition is strictly personal and is not intended for anyone else.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Now I think, we will be seeing you start a religion very soon if I'm "read between the lines" correctly.
1. To claim that, "some religions are closer to the truth" denotes that you know what the truth is. and​
2. If you put all of those texts you claim, "are closer to the truth" under the scrutiny the Bible had gone and is still going through, then you will realize they don't stand a chance.​
Please when making claims, make sure you have authentic sources that proof their authenticity.
I have also demonstrated how contradictions work.
finally, submit those materials under the tests you would render to confirm the authenticity of Alexander the great.
when you are done, come back lets continue the debate. i would be waiting to learn facts and truths not just empty claims
We just see the world in different ways. It’s all good.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
yes indeed, but the issue is that all of us can't be right "If we Contradict each other" and it's only fair to know who is right for the benefit of us all.
Well, I believe that all of existence falls and rises with the death and birth of one man who’s living on earth today and repeats itself in an endless cycle. I know this to be the truth. Ive believed it for 15 years. People will believe what they want. It’s their prerogative.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Why do you care about other people's beliefs?
Because I care about other people. I find their beliefs are often(not always) a large part of who they are and how they tick. Its part of getting to know them.