• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starfield

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Hey so the new update came out a few days ago, and I'm pleased that they finally added actual functional maps. It's not the unreadable blue attempt at topography. They've even mapped the cities. I only had to look at the map for new Atlantis once or twice and finally understood it's layout and how to get around.

Now all they need to do is add the dang rover for exploration so it's not all exhaustive foot travel and we'll be getting somewhere.

There are also a whole slew of new gameplay settings that can be adjusted to like be for cash amounts, ammo carry weight, ship cargo access distance, and whether or not you need to eat or drink foods and what they do. These things also increase or decrease your experience gain, depending on the difficulty increase or reduction in your settings choices.

Now if only big name studios would stop releasing half completed garbage a la Cyberpunk2077, Fallout76, etc. it shouldn't take 13 updates for your game to be playable after release. Give me non-internet connected cartridge/disc games back, any day please.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
@Quintessence

I was browsing through the mods and noticed a few that might help you roleplay your non-lethal pacifist character.

Non Lethal Framework

Stealth takedowns (lethal and non)

And a useable brig mod

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't have a PC, so Nexus Mods don't do me any good, but thanks for the thought. I won't be reinstalling the game until the next content update, after which time I'll see what mods are up on not-PC.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ok, so this game has been out for a few months now and I've gotten to finally spend a bit of time in the Settled Systems.

What have you thought of the Bethesda's latest space IP?

I've enjoyed it so far, but it is certainly a typical Bethesda game for all the good and ill that entails.

First play through and I decided to background as a Space Scoundrel, focusing on pistol and Shotgun Particle weapons, as well as ship piloting and some outpost dabbling.
I had a huge respect for Bethesda, but the old orginal crew is largly gone now, but after all the recent disappointments with Todd saying lie after lie after lie, this game while not terrible, is pretty much a ho hum kind of affair.

A lot of people are saying it's just a load screen simulator largely, with generic empty load screen accessible planets with nothing much to do, it's not all that terrible story wise at times so I probably am planning on picking it up when it's at an appropriate price on sale in the Steam dust bin.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I had a huge respect for Bethesda, but the old orginal crew is largly gone now, but after all the recent disappointments with Todd saying lie after lie after lie, this game while not terrible, is pretty much a ho hum kind of affair.

A lot of people are saying it's just a load screen simulator largely, with generic empty load screen accessible planets with nothing much to do, it's not all that terrible story wise at times so I probably am planning on picking it up when it's at an appropriate price on sale in the Steam dust bin.

I can agree it isn't their best at all and largely needs mods post one playthrough to really make it any more significant. Lots of empty planets, and lots of walking empty places.

I mean that is honestly what true space exploration would be like. But is it what makes a good game? Probably not

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Ok, so this game has been out for a few months now and I've gotten to finally spend a bit of time in the Settled Systems.

What have you thought of the Bethesda's latest space IP?

I've enjoyed it so far, but it is certainly a typical Bethesda game for all the good and ill that entails.

First play through and I decided to background as a Space Scoundrel, focusing on pistol and Shotgun Particle weapons, as well as ship piloting and some outpost dabbling.
I was gifted a 30 day membership to Xbox live and was able to download and install it.

Sadly my 7 year old PC will not play it.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I don't have a PC, so Nexus Mods don't do me any good, but thanks for the thought. I won't be reinstalling the game until the next content update, after which time I'll see what mods are up on not-PC.
I've gotten all those mods on my Xbox console.

They are in the creation content. I just posted the Nexus links because they have the descriptions you could read.

I'm waiting for the DLC before I really start playing it again.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I can agree it isn't their best at all and largely needs mods post one playthrough to really make it any more significant. Lots of empty planets, and lots of walking empty places.

I mean that is honestly what true space exploration would be like. But is it what makes a good game? Probably not
Oh I don't mind the planets. Nor large spaces. I love large exploration games which is one of the reasons why I have No Man's Sky but their problem is the opposite where almost every planet has life.

I think there needs to be diversity some abandoned planets but those planets shouldn't be walking simulators in terms that one can garner resources and mining and all that good stuff not to mention the vistas that you could come across , and the crazy weather that can happen on alien planets, and who knows maybe a hidden artifact , fossil, or two to me that would make for a great Bethesda game like it used to be. You never knew what you would find around the corner.

Another problem is they keep on using an outdated engine that while it served well seriously needs to upgraded or replaced.

If only they could bring in features like real time landing on planets like No Man's Sky has , they would have had a major winner instead of loading screen after loading screen after loading screen.

Something really bad happened with that wonderful company and it's really just a crying shame when you look back to such great epic classics as Morrowind and Oblivion and the like and see how it is now.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I'm currently downloading Starfield

Once it's downloaded I'm off to bed

Have downloaded 6gb out of 95gb

I love Skyrim and Fallout so have high hopes for this game

Am looking forward to playing it