• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Statements that have profound meaning for you.

lunamoth

Will to love
For profound meaning I really like: In Him I live and move and have my being.

For inspiration, I love Mother Teresa.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.

It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start.

Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.

Circle_One

"This too shall pass."

And my personal favorite, right out of the mouth of my amazing best friend: "There's music you listen to and music you live by."

lizskid

BANNED
A friend of mine, in her 70s, has had a version of colon cancer in remission for about 10 years. I was having a bad day, when she was talking about something and said, "Life's great if you don't weaken!" And then I thought, why am I whining....look at her. She refused treatment after the first one and surgery, and has never gone back for a recheck....

jacquie4000

A friend of mine, in her 70s, has had a version of colon cancer in remission for about 10 years. I was having a bad day, when she was talking about something and said, "Life's great if you don't weaken!" And then I thought, why am I whining....look at her. She refused treatment after the first one and surgery, and has never gone back for a recheck....

Yes it makes us realize how lucky we can be and tomorrow is never just given to any of us.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
“God grant me the strength to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I cannot, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
I prefer it without the God part but it still holds alot of power in it.
I first came across it while reading a blog documenting Mick Foleys visit to Afghanistan with the WWE.
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/tribute/3774176/foleylog

He visited a kid in hospital who had been badly injured by an explosion involving a poorly maintained kerosene tank.
The blog had me in tears and even more so after he explained how the kid had asked if he could take him home with him.
I can't imagine how it made him feel, he was close to tears. bearing in mind that this is a guy that can fall onto 1000+ thumbtacks without batting an eyelid.

jacquie4000

He visited a kid in hospital who had been badly injured by an explosion involving a poorly maintained kerosene tank.
The blog had me in tears and even more so after he explained how the kid had asked if he could take him home with him.
I can't imagine how it made him feel, he was close to tears. bearing in mind that this is a guy that can fall onto 1000+ thumbtacks without batting an eyelid.

Didn't you read what a big sap I am...lol now I will read it and be in tears...I will save it for later thanks.

Mavrikmind

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt

That speaks volumns to me

jacquie4000

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt

So many nice post in this thread...thanks.

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
If you are to be a flower, be one that always faces the sun,
If you want to be a rock, then try to be a precious stone,
If it is a bird that inspires you, then be a white dove,
But if you are to be a real human being, then you must be a revolutionary.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Matthew 12:7 If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. NIV

John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." NIV

More than any other phrase or scripture, I cherish these two.

Aishikyo

Endless
"Tears are sometimes an inappropriate response to death. When a life has been lived completely honestly, completely successfully, or just completely, the correct response to death's perfect punctuation mark is a smile."

I'm not exactly sure the source of the quote.:shrug:

Circle_One

"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it." Albert Einstein... saw it on a car commercial, I think and it just struck me.

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." Immanuel Kant... I did a research paper on animal testing in a college Philosophy class and came across this quote. It's stuck with me ever since and I've been known to throw it around more than once on this forum.