• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

status of Mirza Ghulam Ahmed in Ahmadiyya?

Farrukh

I want to ask what is status of Mirza Ghulam Ahmed in ahmadiyya religion?
do you believe he was Imam Mehdi(AS) ?
why most of the Muslims call Ahmadiyya people non-muslims?
I heard lecture of a famous internationally know Muslim scholar who said that it is not allowed to eat with Ahmadiyya people.
will someone explain here?

SeekerOfGod

Ahmadi Muslim
I want to ask what is status of Mirza Ghulam Ahmed in ahmadiyya religion?
do you believe he was Imam Mehdi(AS) ?

Ahmadi Muslims believe that Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) is the very Promised Messiah and Imam Mahdi, the world has been waiting for as prophecised by Prophet Muhammad (sa). He was a Prophet of God, but his Prophethood is only the result of his complete devotion to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (sa). He is not an "independent" Prophet, nor has he bought a Sharia of his own. He is the servant of Ahmad(sa). The Promised Messiah writes:

I cannot acquire any degree of honor or excellence, nor any station of exaltation or nearness to God except through sincere and perfect obedience to the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, Whatever is bestowed upon me is by way of reflection of, and through, the Holy Prophet. (Izlah Auham, p. 138)

Moreover

By the pure grace of God and not by any merit of my own, I have been bestowed a perfect portion of the bounty which was bestowed before me on the Prophets and Messengers and the elect of God. It would not have been possible for me to be bestowed this bounty unless I had followed my lord and master, the pride of the prophets, the best of mankind, Hazrat Mohammed Mustafa, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. Whatever I have been bestowed has been bestowed upon me on account of this obedience. I know through my true and perfect knowledge that no human being can approach God or acquire perfect understanding of the Divine except through following the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. (Haqeeqatul Wahi, p. 62)

The Promised Messiah explains further his purpose:

The task for which God has appointed me is that I should remove the malaise that afflicts the relationship between God and His creatures and restore the relationship of love and sincerity between them. Through the proclamation of truth and by putting an end to religious conflicts, I should bring about peace and manifest the Divine verities that have become hidden from the eyes of the world. I am called upon to demonstrate spirituality which lies buried under egoistic darkness. It is for me to demonstrate by practice, and not by words alone, the Divine powers which penetrate into a human being and are manifested through prayer or attention. Above all, it ismy task to re-establish in people’s hearts the eternal plant of the pure and shining Unity of God which is free from every impurity of polytheism, and which has now completely disappeared. All this will be accomplished, not through my power, but through the power of the Almighty God, Who is the God of heaven and earth.

[Lecture Lahore, Ruhani Khaza’in, vol. 20, p.180 (English Translation: Essence of Islam, vol 4, p. 111)]

For further reading, I would strongly recommend this:

My Claim to Promised Messiahship - The Review of Religions

I why most of the Muslims call Ahmadiyya people non-muslims?
I heard lecture of a famous internationally know Muslim scholar who said that it is not allowed to eat with Ahmadiyya people.
will someone explain here?

You would need to ask them. In Pakistan and to a certain extent in countries like Indonesia and Egypt, Ahmadi Muslims are persecuted merely on the basis of their faith.

Farrukh

Ahmadi Muslims believe that Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) is the very Promised Messiah and Imam Mahdi
do you believe Jesus peace be upon him have died?
and do you believe all signs that prophet Muhammad peace be upon him told us about Imam Mehdi(as) were wrong? people will take ba'it from Imam Mehdi in Makkah, there will be a war and an army will fight against him, his name and his father name will be similar to Prophet's name and prophet's father name,.......
do you believe all these signs were wrong?

Last edited:

SeekerOfGod

Ahmadi Muslim

Do you believe that Moses (as) has died? What about Solomon (as)? or David (as)? If you do, do you have any particular evidence?

The fact of the matter is that one does not need evidence to believe that Prophets have passed away. They were human beings. Like all human beings they must have died at a humanly possible age. However, if there is a certain claim that a Prophet is alive, the burden of proof lies on the proponents of this claim. By default, it is not for the people who believe that Jesus (as) has passed away to come up with the evidence.

However, it is quite ironic that in spite of a plethora of Quranic evidence which support the death of Jesus (as), majority of today's Muslims believe that Jesus (as) is still alive. In fact, there probably is no other Prophet for whom there is so much Quranic evidence that supports the theory of death.

I give one example:

Jesus said, I am a servant of Allah. He has given me the Book and made me a prophet. And He has made me blessed wheresoever I may be and has enjoined on me prayer and alms-giving so long as I live. He has made me dutiful toward my mother, and He has not made me haughty and unblessed. Peace was on me the day I was born, and peace there shall be on the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised up to life again.” (The Holy Quran, 19:31-4)

There are two points to ponder:

(1) Are there needy people up in the heavens?
(2) Did Mother of Jesus accompany Jesus (as), when he was taken up to the heavens?

If your response is NO to any of them, then you need to reconsider your position with regards to Jesus (as).

Another verse:

And those on whom they call beside Allah create not anything, but they are themselves created. They are dead, not living; and they know not when they will be raised. [16:20-21]

1) Do Christians worship Jesus, as Son of God?

If your response is YES, then you need to reconsider your position with regards to Jesus (as).

There are altogether 30 verses found in the Holy Qur'an which support the death of Jesus (as). But two shall suffice.

But the question arises, off course who is that Jesus referred to in Hadith which describe his descent, if Jesus himself is dead?

I would request you to read this:
http://www.alislam.org/library/name-isa.html

Followed by this:
[youtube]muawGnCeZJ4[/youtube]
WOW AMAZING SIMILARITIES BETWEEN JESUS AND MIRZA GHULAM AHMAD (ISLAM AHMADIYYA) - YouTube

I would probably spend time discussing this material further, but unfortunately this is a bad time for me to start long discussions. I am entering my exam period. I will try to respond whenever I have time.

and do you believe all signs that prophet Muhammad peace be upon him told us about Imam Mehdi(as) were wrong? people will take ba'it from Imam Mehdi in Makkah, there will be a war and an army will fight against him, his name and his father name will be similar to Prophet's name and prophet's father name,.......

Not at all. We believe in all the authentic Books of Hadith. For example, you mentioned that the father's name of the Mahdi will be similar to the Prophet's name etc. Here is a discussion. (starts at around 57 mins):

[youtube]9CKP8j3UF04[/youtube]
Beacon of Truth #18 Ahadith of Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) about Promised Messiah (as) - YouTube

Since you are a Pakistani, you should be able to understand Urdu. Here is a discussion in Urdu. (starts in 3 mins):

[youtube]kbBnSKMtbC8[/youtube]
Signs of Imam Mahdi - His name Muhammad - Father's Name Abdullah - Explain.flv - YouTube

JazakAllah

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim

Non-Ahmadi Muslims say that Ahmad (as) did not fulfil the prophecies of Imam Mahdi which is why they reject him. The reality is the true Prophecies have been fulfilled but just weren't to their own flavour. Allah does not send a Prophet as per the liking of the People nor their interpretation of Prophecies.

When Imam Mahdi comes will he comes as Sunni or Shia?
If he is Shia won't Sunnis say he didn't fulfil the Shia Hadith
If he is Sunni won't the Shias say he didn't fulfil the Sunni Hadith
If he is Sunni then will he be Deobandi, Wahabi, Barelvi,..?
If he is either won't the others reject him?

Also out of all these sub-sects which interpretation of their Hadith will he fulfil? There is no unity, even two mosques won't agree on the prophecies of Imam Mahdi. They have made up some Prophecies on their own which aren't even found in Hadith, then they ask why they aren't fulfilled.

When Allah (swt) sends a Promised One he doesn't send him according to my or your interpretation of the Prophecies. He sends exactly as he prophesied. For example, the Jews till this day reject Jesus (as) because they interpreted their Prophecies in ways that it completely contradicts itself and it completely contrary to what was actually prophesied. They took literal meanings that could never be fulfilled. You can see their state today, go ask any Jewish RF member and they will tell you themselves that Jesus (as) didn't fulfil the Prophecies. We both know that according to the Quran he (as) did fulfil the Prophecies yet they still rejected him due to their false interpretations and intentionally hiding those that were fulfilled (Quran speaks on this).

Can you please share what you have been told about Imam Mahdi, there are hundreds of different versions each with different details. Some say he will descent here, other say there. Once you share your version I will introduce you to several others. They have essentially invented their own Prophecies and ask God to follow their versions, each sub-sect expects a separate Imam Mahdi for themselves. Will God send hundreds of the Imam Mahdi to please them?