• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steps Towards Peace

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
Two questions: One: When will Israel stop taking land from the Palestinians? Two: When will Palestine start teaching their children that Israel exists and to not hate Israelis? The back-and-forth debates on here make me sick. The way I see it is there will be no peace until these two questions get resolved. May God bless both of these peoples and guide them to peace.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Two questions: One: When will Israel stop taking land from the Palestinians? Two: When will Palestine start teaching their children that Israel exists and to not hate Israelis? The way I see it is there will be no peace until these two questions get resolved. May God bless both of these peoples and guide them to peace.
Well to negotiate a ceasefire and talks of disarmament would be a proper first step under the conditions.

The zillion dollar question is if that is even possible, otherwise I'll just have to hold with the opinion that they should finally , once and for all, slug It out and after the dust settles, accept results via winner takes it all.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Well to negotiate a ceasefire and talks of disarmament would be a proper first step under the conditions.

The zillion dollar question is if that is even possible, otherwise I'll just have to hold with the opinion that they should finally , once and for all, slug It out and after the dust settles, accept results via winner takes it all.
Disarmament would be impossible.
Until Israel ends the oppression, Palestinians
& sympathizers will never end retaliation.

The burden is Israel's because it is the biggest
military power in the region by far, & the
Palestinians suffer under its regime. Thus it
alone has the option of a first move, ie, stop
the killing, the torture, the land theft, & the
oppression (especially economic).

Remember that people who see no future
for themselves but death & poverty are
easily radicalized against the one viewed
as causing their plight.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Two questions: One: When will Israel stop taking land from the Palestinians? Two: When will Palestine start teaching their children that Israel exists and to not hate Israelis? The back-and-forth debates on here make me sick. The way I see it is there will be no peace until these two questions get resolved. May God bless both of these peoples and guide them to peace.
There will not be peace until Iran quits is support for its proxies, and that certainly isn't going to happen anytime soon. With Iran, this is a holy war based on a teaching within the Hadith that once a land is under Islamic control it must always remain as such.

A couple of weeks ago, someone quoted in length Hamas' charter here, and basically that's what it says.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

1. The Zionist won’t stop until they own everything. Not only Muslim Palestinians are at risk loosing lands but also Palestinians christians are at risk. The settlers are a menace for the Palestinians and have the support of the IDF and the police to make their life’s hell until they decide to sell or decide to escape.

2. Even tho it might appear that’s the kids are being taught to hate Israel, I think the events of the past makes them to have certain hate towards Israel. And we should be frank and also recognize this is similar to the Israelis and how they raise their kids. The Israeli use the attacks of the resistance to do the same and have a certain hatred towards the Palestinians.

But I think there is one question that is more vital for peace and that is how can we fix the injustice that happened to the Palestinians. Without justice there won’t be peace.

But I appreciate you opening this thread and sharing your opinion. Also agree with you the debates between pro Israel and anti Israel are a bit meaningless even tho I have participated in it myself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There will not be peace until Iran quits is support for its proxies....
Let's wonder why Iran opposes Israel.
Oh, because Israel regularly covertly attacks
Iran. And has urged USA to overtly attack Iran.

Israel makes enemies, & blames the enemies.

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
1. The Zionist won’t stop until they own everything. Not only Muslim Palestinians are at risk loosing lands but also Palestinians christians are at risk. The settlers are a menace for the Palestinians and have the support of the IDF and the police to make their life’s hell until they decide to sell or decide to escape.

2. Even tho it might appear that’s the kids are being taught to hate Israel, I think the events of the past makes them to have certain hate towards Israel. And we should be frank and also recognize this is similar to the Israelis and how they raise their kids. The Israeli use the attacks of the resistance to do the same and have a certain hatred towards the Palestinians.

But I think there is one question that is more vital for peace and that is how can we fix the injustice that happened to the Palestinians. Without justice there won’t be peace.

But I appreciate you opening this thread and sharing your opinion. Also agree with you the debates between pro Israel and anti Israel are a bit meaningless even tho I have participated in it myself.
You have to start somewhere and it’s with the children. If it’s all about justice being served, we will never have peace. I’m afraid your way is no good.

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
Let's wonder why Iran opposes Israel.
Oh, because Israel regularly covertly attacks
Iran. And has urged USA to overtly attack Iran.

Israel makes enemies, & blames the enemies.
To much blame going around and not enough love and desire for peace. We need leaders to become more. To become driven by love and compassion. There is no other way.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To much blame going around and not enough love and desire for peace. We need leaders to become more. To become driven by love and compassion. There is no other way.
Try re-reading my post, but this time,
think of "responsibility for ending hostilities"
instead of "blame for causing them".
This points to a solution.

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
Try re-reading my post, but this time,
think of "responsibility for ending hostilities"
instead of "blame for causing them".
This points to a solution.
I hear ya but I’ve seen nothing but name-calling since October 7. There’s only one way to peace and that’s with love and compassion. The rest is useless. I probably shouldn’t have even created this thread because I’m just adding to the nonsense.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Those solutions were given to humanity back in the mid 1800's. I again share advice from Baha'u'llah.

"....The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an all-embracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world’s Great Peace amongst men. Such a peace demandeth that the Great Powers should resolve, for the sake of the tranquillity of the peoples of the earth, to be fully reconciled among themselves. Should any king take up arms against another, all should unitedly arise and prevent him. If this be done, the nations of the world will no longer require any armaments, except for the purpose of preserving the security of their realms and of maintaining internal order within their territories. This will ensure the peace and composure of every people, government and nation..."

Abdul'baha expanded on this in the early 1900's and before the first World war gave this advice whilst in America about what a Union of Nations should put on the table to discuss. Note what is offered about National Boundaries.

“They must make the Cause of Peace the object of general consultation, and seek by every means in their power to establish a Union of the nations of the world. They must conclude a binding treaty and establish a covenant, the provisions of which shall be sound, inviolable and definite. They must proclaim it to all the world and obtain for it the sanction of all the human race. This supreme and noble undertaking—the real source of the peace and well-being of all the world—should be regarded as sacred by all that dwell on earth. All the forces of humanity must be mobilized to ensure the stability and permanence of this Most Great Covenant. In this all-embracing Pact the limits and frontiers of each and every nation should be clearly fixed, the principles underlying the relations of governments towards one another definitely laid down, and all international agreements and obligations ascertained. In like manner, the size of the armaments of every government should be strictly limited, for if the preparations for war and the military forces of any nation should be allowed to increase, they will arouse the suspicion of others. The fundamental principle underlying this solemn Pact should be so fixed that if any government later violate any one of its provisions, all the governments on earth should arise to reduce it to utter submission, nay the human race as a whole should resolve, with every power at its disposal, to destroy that government. Should this greatest of all remedies be applied to the sick body of the world, it will assuredly recover from its ills and will remain eternally safe and secure.”

For the Lesser Peace to unfold, this advice must be implemented, that is more than my individual opinion.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Those solutions were given to humanity back in the mid 1800's. I again share advice from Baha'u'llah.

"....The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an all-embracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world’s Great Peace amongst men. Such a peace demandeth that the Great Powers should resolve, for the sake of the tranquillity of the peoples of the earth, to be fully reconciled among themselves. Should any king take up arms against another, all should unitedly arise and prevent him. If this be done, the nations of the world will no longer require any armaments, except for the purpose of preserving the security of their realms and of maintaining internal order within their territories. This will ensure the peace and composure of every people, government and nation..."

Abdul'baha expanded on this in the early 1900's and before the first World war gave this advice whilst in America about what a Union of Nations should put on the table to discuss. Note what is offered about National Boundaries.

“They must make the Cause of Peace the object of general consultation, and seek by every means in their power to establish a Union of the nations of the world. They must conclude a binding treaty and establish a covenant, the provisions of which shall be sound, inviolable and definite. They must proclaim it to all the world and obtain for it the sanction of all the human race. This supreme and noble undertaking—the real source of the peace and well-being of all the world—should be regarded as sacred by all that dwell on earth. All the forces of humanity must be mobilized to ensure the stability and permanence of this Most Great Covenant. In this all-embracing Pact the limits and frontiers of each and every nation should be clearly fixed, the principles underlying the relations of governments towards one another definitely laid down, and all international agreements and obligations ascertained. In like manner, the size of the armaments of every government should be strictly limited, for if the preparations for war and the military forces of any nation should be allowed to increase, they will arouse the suspicion of others. The fundamental principle underlying this solemn Pact should be so fixed that if any government later violate any one of its provisions, all the governments on earth should arise to reduce it to utter submission, nay the human race as a whole should resolve, with every power at its disposal, to destroy that government. Should this greatest of all remedies be applied to the sick body of the world, it will assuredly recover from its ills and will remain eternally safe and secure.”

For the Lesser Peace to unfold, this advice must be implemented, that is more than my individual opinion.

Regards Tony
The issue is not of any one nation or people, the issue is that of the acceptance of the Oneness of humanity, that we are all born of the same substance and we all return to the same grave, which is this earth.

What can bind us is our ability of spirit, in the practice of Love, Trustworthiness, Truthfulness, Justice and Honesty.

Regards Tony