• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupefying notions about the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
What sickens me is the way some people, like yourself, would use this tragedy as a launching pad for their own agendas.
Agreed. It's like seeing a bunch of jackels and vultures closing in to feed on the dead. :(

I feel the same way about the gun control people AS WELL.
The right-wing evangelical people are using a tragic shooting to further their agenda of imposing their religion on the country. However, the gun control people are using a tragic shooting to further their agenda of preventing tragic shootings. So I don't think it's fair to equate these people.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
The right-wing evangelical people are using a tragic shooting to further their agenda of imposing their religion on the country. However, the gun control people are using a tragic shooting to further their agenda of preventing tragic shootings. So I don't think it's fair to equate these people.

Hmm, tyranny by the Church, or tyranny by the state? Pick your poison, I guess.

I wish the politicians would actually put their energy into healing the economy, and that the religious zealots would actually put their energy into healing hearts and minds.

So much for wishful thinking! :shrug:

No amount of laws can solve this problem, it only affects law abiding citizens.

Mental illness is the problem here, not guns.
People will go insane, that can't be solved. When they do, it would be best if there weren't assault weapons lying around. Law abiding citizens don't need to fire 400 rounds per minute, you only need that kind of killing power to go on a shooting spree.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
People will go insane, that can't be solved. When they do, it would be best if there weren't assault weapons lying around. Law abiding citizens don't need to fire 400 rounds per minute, you only need that kind of killing power to go on a shooting spree.

So what you are saying is, if I have a weapon that was similar to what the government issued me when I was drafted at 19 years of age and fought with in service to my country and have owned it and kept it in my safe for over 40 years without incident, I should now have to surrender it because it makes you feel uncomfortable?

RJ50

A gun can kill many more people in one action than a sword or a knife, that is why is is madness to permit people to arm themselves in this way. In the UK if you are found carrying a knife, or any other offensive weapon, you are in trouble.

no-body

Some of our atheist friends are upset because one of the children cried "God help us" and they do not want that kind of language in school

So instead of helping those children God used these childs death to teach those nasty liberals a lesson. How is your God not a monster again?

Reactions: NIX

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Cops can become dangerous if they become corrupt or go insane. Moreover, they have greater ability to cover up their misdeeds. So risk of wrongful
death will always be with us. The question is how best to minimize carnage. Since cops only arrive after the crime is done, I'll stick with concealed carry.
(Btw, the record for concealed carriers is pretty good so far. And guns are used in self defense many thousands of times per year in Americastan.)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hi.....

The UK news is saying that new gun-controls are not at all certain, because 'Congress' has a great many members who are committed to your 2nd Amendment as it stands. I hear that without Congressional support it is not going to happen.

What do you all think?