• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid Question Time: Will We Ever Find Out Who's Right?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't think it is a matter of someone being right or wrong, really.

To me religion is somewhat like learning an art: it's not about what tools you choose, but what you learn to do with them.

Truth_Faith13

I don't think it is a matter of someone being right or wrong, really.

To me religion is somewhat like learning an art: it's not about what tools you choose, but what you learn to do with them.

Yes but what if that is wrong? What if there are set rules that must be obediently followed! and it is not about learning an art it is about obedience??? Its like I have said before I do not agree with the term atheist - because no-one can possibly know 100% the answers to the universe! They cannot be 100% certain that God does not exist! same as theists cannot be 100% certain that God does.

Well im right i know it because if i die and im not, noone is able to say: you were wrong nananana

TurkeyOnRye

Yes but what if that is wrong? What if there are set rules that must be obediently followed! and it is not about learning an art it is about obedience??? Its like I have said before I do not agree with the term atheist - because no-one can possibly know 100% the answers to the universe! They cannot be 100% certain that God does not exist! same as theists cannot be 100% certain that God does.

Atheism (By definition: not theism) is not necessarily an absolute stance that god does not exist. In fact, most atheists would not say that they definitively believe that there is no god, but that they see no reason to believe in one or that the chances are remote. Theism on the other hand, implies an absolute stance that god does exist.

Truth_Faith13

Is there really a right or wrong?

There might be, there might not be! Hence we will only find out the truth when we die. Although technically if death is indeed nothing, then you obviously wont find anything out because you will be nothing, feel, hear, sense, see nothing! LOL.

The one thing I know for sure, is that noone knows the exact answer for definite!

Truth_Faith13

Atheism (By definition: not theism) is not necessarily an absolute stance that god does not exist. In fact, most atheists would not say that they definitively believe that there is no god, but that they see no reason to believe in one or that the chances are remote. Theism on the other hand, implies an absolute stance that god does exist.

But that is defined as agnostic not atheist!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Yes but what if that is wrong? What if there are set rules that must be obediently followed! and it is not about learning an art it is about obedience???

Quite simply, I don't see how that could be.

But if it were so, I guess I would "file a complaint" of sorts on the grounds that the rules for such obedience are not at all clearly defined.

Its like I have said before I do not agree with the term atheist - because no-one can possibly know 100% the answers to the universe!

True, but that's not what atheism means. Atheism is simply not believing in the existence of a God. It involves that one answer, nothing more.

They cannot be 100% certain that God does not exist! same as theists cannot be 100% certain that God does.

True, but not really important. Belief in God is over-rated. Probably THE most over-rated matter in the world.

Truth_Faith13

What does death have to do with it? Religion is all about life, not death.

Yes but life and religion dont answer the OPs question...the only way for 100% we will no the full truth about whether or not God exists, if there is one, two, heaven, hell etc is when we die!

pwsoldier

unapologetic freethinker
No, that's atheism alright. An agnostic is someone who does not believe that it is possible to know for sure whether God exists. Agnostics may be atheists or theists, too.

He beat me to it. We are all agnostic to some degree, which is to say that none of us are completely certain of our stance. Theists and atheists are both just agnostics who think or believe (as opposed to knowing) that they have the right answer.

Truth_Faith13

No, that's atheism alright. An agnostic is someone who does not believe that it is possible to know for sure whether God exists. Agnostics may be atheists or theists, too.

Yes I know...re-read what he said...You just said an atheist is someone who doesnt believe in God, he said that they would NOT say that they definitely do not believe in God, but that they see no reason or there is little chance of it....that is more agnostic leaning towards atheism than complete atheist!

Truth_Faith13

He beat me to it. We are all agnostic to some degree, which is to say that none of us are completely certain of our stance. Theists and atheists are both just agnostics who think or believe (as opposed to knowing) that they have the right answer.

Thats a better explanation! :D Frubals to you!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Yes but life and religion dont answer the OPs question...the only way for 100% we will no the full truth about whether or not God exists, if there is one, two, heaven, hell etc is when we die!

Uh, is that important? Why?