• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid Question Time: Will We Ever Find Out Who's Right?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Ill agree to disagree! :p

but in my eyes if someone is not 100% that God DOES NOT exist, then they are not atheist!!!

That's called strong atheism. There's weak atheism too.

As for the OP, sorry. It is just that I have a hard time trying to understand the appeal of that kind of question.

Scott C.

Just one guy
So, do you think we will ever find out who is right or if we all are or if none of us are?

We probably won't all know the truth of religion until we die or until Jesus returns to earth, whichever occurs first.

The only way we will never know, is if there is no life after death or if there is life after death, but we have no recollection as to who we were or what we believed in this life.

Since I believe in life after death, and since I believe we will have good remembrance of this life, I definitely believe we will learn the truth then, if not sooner.

pwsoldier

unapologetic freethinker
Ill agree to disagree! :p

but in my eyes if someone is not 100% that God DOES NOT exist, then they are not atheist!!!

There is only one 100% stance when it comes to religion, and that's insanity. No one, atheist or theist, can say that God absolutely, without question, exists/doesn't exist. Most atheists, despite their high level of certainty, are quite aware of this. Even Richard Dawkins admits that he doesn't know beyond all shadow of a doubt that there is no God. The atheist stance is simply one of non-belief. The level of certainty placed behind that non-belief is what seperates atheists from agnostics (and theists from agnostics), but as I said, no sane human being will ever claim to be 100% certain either way.

Sorry, didn't mean to keep this thread off-topic. :sorry1:

Truth_Faith13

There is only one 100% stance when it comes to religion, and that's insanity. No one, atheist or theist, can say that God absolutely, without question, exists/doesn't exist. Most atheists, despite their high level of certainty, are quite aware of this. Even Richard Dawkins admits that he doesn't know beyond all shadow of a doubt that there is no God. The atheist stance is simply one of non-belief. The level of certainty placed behind that non-belief is what seperates atheists from agnostics (and theists from agnostics), but as I said, no sane human being will ever claim to be 100% certain either way.

Sorry, didn't mean to keep this thread off-topic. :sorry1:

Agreed....we are taking it off topic slightly arent we! Sorry!!! :D Anyway I am going as its 10:10pm my time and I have to get up at 6am :(. The wonders of being a HCA!!! Have fun!

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
I suppose many consider this a question regarding metaphysics but I was wondering why it sounded strange and I realised it was because I considered it a question regarding aesthetics.

Will we ever find out if blue hats are truly better than red hats?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
We wont find out what is 'the truth', let alone 'who is right' ;)
also, discovering the truth when we die is only relevant if those who believe in an afterlife were right!
maybe a truly releasing process is to tell ourselves,that we can never know an absolute answer or truth to existential matters, accept our mortality, and the fact that the universe will absorb us back into its vast mystery when our time arrives.