• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Such an odd picture

rsd

ACBSP77
Below I have posted a picture that I have been given permission to use in a book that wrote. (www.cedarpost.com) The book is totally free. Anyhow, I have seen a lot of art in my day but this one leaves me wondering. In the background is a painting. A wall mural. OK-with a sage chanting japa in front of it. Looking at it, at first glance, has drawn me into looking even closer. It was taken by a friend who lives in Chili. On the far left is a wall. Then there seems to be another wall that changes direction (to the right) but breaks off. See that? It sure gives the illusion that the mural in on this new plane, following the broken wall. But maybe not. Just a great photo because I have looked at it over and over again. Just curious what others think of it. I love art.

BestPicSadhuRandKr.jpg

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't see the illusion...
To me it looks exactly as it actually is.

rsd

ACBSP77
I don't see the illusion...
To me it looks exactly as it actually is.

Well, maybe it's just the way my small brain is wired. If the mural is way in back of him...hmm, I guess it is that small jagged wall that seems to do a 90 degree turn toward the sadhu that has me scratching my head. Why is is broken off like that? Is that a tapestry,then, of some kind. But look the bottom of the mural (bottom right). That doesn't fit with a neatly hanging tapestry. I just think there is a lot to this picture that makes it so interesting.

BestPicSadhuRandKr.jpg

rsd

ACBSP77
Yes, this picture was taken in Vrindavan, India. If anyone is interested seeing what this sacred village looks like, go to TableOfContents and scroll down to part 3. Chapters 11 and 13 have dozens of pictures of Vrindavan. They are just as amazing. Other chapters have more pictures, but the majority are found in these two. This same photographer has let me use many of her pictures. She is a natural born photographer. I really like the one of the 5 jugs (ch 11). This has been a real blessing to have been allowed to decorated my story with so many wonderful photos.

BestPicSadhuRandKr.jpg

Last edited:

annatt

Yes, this picture was taken in Vrindavan, India. If anyone is interested seeing what this sacred village looks like, go to TableOfContents and scroll down to part 3. Chapters 11 and 13 have dozens of pictures of Vrindavan. They are just as amazing. Other chapters have more pictures, but the majority are found in these two. This same photographer has let me use many of her pictures. She is a natural born photographer. I really like the one of the 5 jugs (ch 11). This has been a real blessing to have been allowed to decorated my story with so many wonderful photos.

Ah Thanks for the Tipp, there are really nice pictures.

rsd

ACBSP77
Ah Thanks for the Tipp, there are really nice pictures.

Yes, they are really superb. Also, at the very bottom of part 3, Ch 13 I have added a dozen photos or so taken by Radha Raman Dasa, who besides being born in Vrindavan, is a very talented photographer. As you probably know, these picture are showing the residents of Vrindavan celebrating the famous Holi Festival. What an amazing way to celebrate God. Can't think of anything quite like it! To see these pictures, just click here: Reunion
Again it is all free.

H25.jpg