• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suicide and the afterlife

The Transcended Omniverse

Some people do not value and do not wish to live a life that has much suffering and misery. These types of people only value a life that is blissful. As long as they are blissful in this life, then all is well. But if they begin to suffer from much misery and hardship and there seems to be no way out, then they just might consider suicide to be a viable option.

There are such people. There are people who, for example, struggle with lifelong depression where they cannot recover their feelings of joy and happiness. So it would be cruel and unfair for these people to not get to heaven if they were to commit suicide.

As a matter of fact, I think it would be the best idea right now to blow up this entire planet and take out all the suffering people in this world. Any reason we are here has absolutely no value to me. The only thing I value is me being happy and having no misery in my life.

That is my reason for being here and if I don't get that, then I no longer have any reason for being here. My happiness and well-being is what is important to me and that is the only experience that makes my life worth living.

Heaven would be the ideal place for such a life and I think we should all be up in heaven and not down here where we are left to suffer in misery and agony. To me, there is absolute no value in that. I don't know who in their right mind would value such a life, but I sure don't.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Some people do not value and do not wish to live a life that has much suffering and misery. These types of people only value a life that is blissful. As long as they are blissful in this life, then all is well. But if they begin to suffer from much misery and hardship and there seems to be no way out, then they just might consider suicide to be a viable option.

There are such people. There are people who, for example, struggle with lifelong depression where they cannot recover their feelings of joy and happiness. So it would be cruel and unfair for these people to not get to heaven if they were to commit suicide.

As a matter of fact, I think it would be the best idea right now to blow up this entire planet and take out all the suffering people in this world. Any reason we are here has absolutely no value to me. The only thing I value is me being happy and having no misery in my life.

That is my reason for being here and if I don't get that, then I no longer have any reason for being here. My happiness and well-being is what is important to me and that is the only experience that makes my life worth living.

Heaven would be the ideal place for such a life and I think we should all be up in heaven and not down here where we are left to suffer in misery and agony. To me, there is absolute no value in that. I don't know who in their right mind would value such a life, but I sure don't.

Live your day for the hope to see a better tomorrow.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Suicide and the afterlife

I think suicide is greatly unpleasant for the afterlife experience. As I don't believe in any permanent hell, I believe the people that commit suicide will eventually progress.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
There are people who, for example, struggle with lifelong depression where they cannot recover their feelings of joy and happiness. So it would be cruel and unfair for these people to not get to heaven if they were to commit suicide.
Almighty God forgives whomsoever He wills..
However, what would our relations make of it?
We might be a bit lonely in "heaven" by ourselves. Life sure is a struggle. Sometimes, we just have to take the meds..

The problem is, that we have to get there first
Remember, if you have a problem, there is always somebody with a greater problem :(

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
"I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet".

It is true, there are others much worse off than we are, enduring life with dignity and enjoying what little they can.....more power to them!

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I believe this life has a purpose....
to form unique spirit on each occasion of occurrence

the body is designed to do just that
we are here to learn all that we can before we die

if you happen to be suffering....learn to over come it
if you don't like what goes on around you....get up and leave

there are of course situations that overrun the spirit
your fellowman is capable of generating misery at great levels and long duration
escape may be unlikely

I would understand the resolve to escape
but not for those who have opportunity to move on

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Its your life, do what you want with it, its no one else's business, just because they cannot handle it doesn't mean its wrong for you.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Some people do not value and do not wish to live a life that has much suffering and misery. These types of people only value a life that is blissful.
And given that that's not how reality works, they are going to be sorely disappointed.

But if they begin to suffer from much misery and hardship and there seems to be no way out, then they just might consider suicide to be a viable option.
Indeed. No one ought to tell another how to deal with it, though I do think offering solutions should be done and only after all have been exhausted as options should the end game be discussed.

There are people who, for example, struggle with lifelong depression where they cannot recover their feelings of joy and happiness. So it would be cruel and unfair for these people to not get to heaven if they were to commit suicide.
I think there should be a mental version of hospice.

The only thing I value is me being happy and having no misery in my life.
That's rather some unhealthy narcissism, right there.

That is my reason for being here and if I don't get that, then I no longer have any reason for being here.
The US is positively filled to overflowing with false-martyr spoiled toddlers, I think.

And given that that's not how reality works, they are going to be sorely disappointed.

Indeed. No one ought to tell another how to deal with it, though I do think offering solutions should be done and only after all have been exhausted as options should the end game be discussed.

I think there should be a mental version of hospice.

That's rather some unhealthy narcissism, right there.

The US is positively filled to overflowing with false-martyr spoiled toddlers, I think.
You would call it a childish take on life. But, to me, everyone is different and differernt people have different experiences that make their lives worth living. For some, there are other experiences that make their lives worth living. But for others, being blissful and not having misery is the only experience that fills their lives with joy and meaning. I think it is just a matter of different experiences. I do not think it has anything to do with being a childish narcissist.

Also, even if I had no selfish desires, I would still have no desire to live for anyone else, help anyone else, make the world a better place, contribute to society, etc. So that says that I am not selfish. I am just simply not the type of person who lives for others and things like this.

idav

Being
Premium Member
You would call it a childish take on life. But, to me, everyone is different and differernt people have different experiences that make their lives worth living. For some, there are other experiences that make their lives worth living. But for others, being blissful and not having misery is the only experience that fills their lives with joy and meaning. I think it is just a matter of different experiences. I do not think it has anything to do with being a childish narcissist.

Also, even if I had no selfish desires, I would still have no desire to live for anyone else, help anyone else, make the world a better place, contribute to society, etc. So that says that I am not selfish. I am just simply not the type of person who lives for others and things like this.
It is the sharing and community which creates a blissful life, the very things you need but do not wish to do for others. The kind of heaven are you talking about, sounds like your talking just being in some euphoria alone. Nobody argues that misery is not so good and best avoided, otherwise they wouldn't be calling it misery. Though without misery we wouldn't know what joy is, its very abstract, very much a result of thresholds caused by our own brains and very little to do with reality itself.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
I believe suicide is greatly sympathized with on most circumstances. However, it is imperative you use your every mineral to stay among the living. Nothing in this world is worth taking your own life, your survival is imperative.

I think, pumpkin, the definition of selfishness is caring only about yourself, which you brag about. The best thing you can say about yourself is that while you are a narcissistic sociopath, at least you haven't done anything deserving prison yet.

The amusing thing is how you talk of suffering devaluing your life, not your attitude.
I am not a sociopath. I am a kind and respectful innocent person towards my family and others. I am not a cruel person. I just don't have any desire to live for my family, other people, contribute to society,etc. Again, even if I wasn't selfish at all and had no selfish desires, I would still find myself this way. Also, it really is the misery itself in my life that devalues my life. It has nothing to do with my attitude.

Last edited:

Tabu

What you say makes absolute sense to me , Each of us wants to live a happy , blissful life without any worries . It is a different story that we learn to get adjusted to what we cannot change ,though it would be painful and would take time.
Also , since you are going through depression you will feel lethargic and unwilling to do anything , leave alone contributing to society , but its a phase , life moves on , we learn to compromise with the present and move ahead.
Your priority now should be to make the transition less painful by filling yourself with all those theories which give you hope , satisfaction .

Aiviu

Well, then you got a problem. The way to heaven in after life can only be given from those who are alive.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I believe suicide is greatly sympathized with on most circumstances. However, it is imperative you use your every mineral to stay among the living. Nothing in this world is worth taking your own life, your survival is imperative.
why?

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet

Because that's what they told me. Basically I had a vision of Odin and he helped me hearken back to a survivor instinct, something lost in modern civilization... It made my troubles superficial so-to-speak, now people just get mad I don't take the system seriously enough.

Just my experience anyway.

However, suicide can be chemically induced.. Some foods and pharmaceuticals may be causing our growing despair.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Why do you keep posting this stuff over and over? We're not your psychiatrist or therapist, so we can't help you. I suggest you find one or both of those and seek help ASAP.

Last edited: