• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suicide and the afterlife

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
We're in an allocation. I'm serious. It's the same rhubarb everwhere. People just want closure, closure in the gospels, closure in denial. I just wanna have a laugh, I perpetuate my space wizardry and witchcraft herein forum to meet you kind craven. You're ilk may be best left to its own if I have any recollection of you, son.

You get some help. Go on now.

I'm fine.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
We're in an allocation. I'm serious. It's the same rhubarb everwhere. People just want closure, closure in the gospels, closure in denial. I just wanna have a laugh, I perpetuate my space wizardry and witchcraft herein forum to meet you kind craven. You're ilk may be best left to its own if I have any recollection of you, son.

You get some help. Go on now.

I'm fine.
Eh? I was replying o the OP, in case that was unclear.

jbkoleen23

It isn't up to us to speak for the suffering of other people, so I don't think blowing up the entire planet is a good idea. Your life though, and if you can't take the suffering, then ending it is your choice. Don't kill yourself expecting to go to a blissful heaven. Death is death. There is no afterlife. Your soul will not live on, and you will not be reunited with your family or some God. You will just be dead, and you will disintegrate back to the dust of the earth. The reason I go on living is because if there is nothing beyond this life, then I sure as hell am not going to waste the one life I have to live worrying about what could exist beyond it.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Your life though, and if you can't take the suffering, then ending it is your choice.
Indeed it's our choice, but one might not be successful in their attempt..

Don't kill yourself expecting to go to a blissful heaven. Death is death. There is no afterlife.
You don't know that .. that is pure speculation.
Nobody knows for sure what will happen to them after death. Those who believe rely on Almighty God's mercy.
Enduring severe hardship is not easy .. those who endure patiently will be victorious eventually.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
It isn't up to us to speak for the suffering of other people, so I don't think blowing up the entire planet is a good idea. Your life though, and if you can't take the suffering, then ending it is your choice. Don't kill yourself expecting to go to a blissful heaven. Death is death. There is no afterlife. Your soul will not live on, and you will not be reunited with your family or some God. You will just be dead, and you will disintegrate back to the dust of the earth. The reason I go on living is because if there is nothing beyond this life, then I sure as hell am not going to waste the one life I have to live worrying about what could exist beyond it.

I bit base but basically a philosophy people should come to terms with. I'm a cynic myself, I've been done arguing with people for the later part of a decade now. I just put it in print, take or leave it.

Ana.J

Although I do not believe in Dante's hell, I do think that suicide makes the afterlife somewhat miserable. Many religions believe that the souls are just stuck between worlds...

rusra02

Premium Member
It is true that life today has it's share of suffering and misery. Rather than relief in an afterlife in heaven, the Bible promise is; "God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:3,4)
God has promised to end the suffering that today makes life unbearable for so many. Those who have died in the past have the hope of resurrection back to life in a paradise earth. Coming to know about God's promises has saved many who were contemplating suicide due to hopelessness and despair.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Those who have died in the past have the hope of resurrection back to life in a paradise earth. Coming to know about God's promises has saved many who were contemplating suicide due to hopelessness and despair.
Heaven .. paradise earth..
It boils down to the same thing .. the righteous will be victorious eventually