• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

supidest/funniest laws you've ever heard of

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Well, lessee -

When I was younger, in Michigan it was illegal to take a bite of your date's hamburger.

Also I have never understood why committing suicide should be illegal while attempting suicide and failing was not also illegal.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Stupid laws in Massachusetts:

It is illegal to give beer to hospital patients.

spacer.gif

Candy may not contain more than 1% of alcohol.

spacer.gif

Shooting ranges may not set up targets that resemble human beings.

spacer.gif

At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches.

Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.

An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.

Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts.

All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday.

Hunting on Sundays is prohibited.

It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.

A woman can not be on top in sexual activities.

No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.

Children may smoke, but they may not purchase cigarettes.

Tomatoes may not be used in the production of clam chowder.

Quakers and witches are banned.

Bullets may not be used as currency.

Massachusetts liquor stores can only open on Sundays if they are in Berkshire, Essex, Franklin, Middlesex or Worcester counties and are within 10 miles of the Vermont or New Hampshire borders.

Alcoholic drink specials are illegal.

Public boxing matches are outlawed.

texan1

Texas state law prohibits taking more than three sips of beer at a time while standing. But from what I see it is never enforced. :)

Smoke

Done here.
In forty-nine states, same-sex couples are forbidden to marry because the invisible man in the sky disapproves. (File under stupidest, not funniest.)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath

I never heard of a law where it is illegal to be dirty. ;)
Does one go to jail if he or she prefers a morning shower instead? :D

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
This isn't a law but a lawsuit. A woman sued a furniture store after she tripped over her own son in the store and WON!

Somkid

In Pennsylvania you have to have someone run 100 feet in front of you car with an orange flag so they know it is coming.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I heard that somewhere in the south they were trying to make it illegal for people to be nude in their own home.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That means if they wish to disrobe they have to do it outside or in a neighbor's house, or perhaps at work... :D