• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Susan Rice to become new National Security Adviser

esmith

Veteran Member
Susan Rice will become the new National Security Adviser. This appointment by Obama appears to be a move by Obama to become more aggressive and not willing to work with Republicans. This is direct slap in the face by the President to those that disagree with his agenda. One would think that if the President wanted to work with the opposition that he would not appoint such a controversial person as Susan Rice.

esmith

Veteran Member
A black female facing GOP opposition... no way...
Playing the race card again I see. Why is it when anyone that disagrees with Obama or any of his policy are racist. Maybe because they do not have an answer that doesn't conflict with their views.

esmith

Veteran Member
It's pretty funny to read the Fox version of this story, and then the CNN version. Can anyone detect a difference in the positioning?

Susan Rice to replace Donilon as national security adviser | Fox News

Susan Rice to replace Donilon - CNN.com

Doesn't look to different to me. Fox just expounded of Rice's performance during the Benghazi scandal. Which we now know was not factual and was known to be misleading even before she went out and mislead the public.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Playing the race card again I see. Why is it when anyone that disagrees with Obama or any of his policy are racist. Maybe because they do not have an answer that doesn't conflict with their views.

You're actually complaining about someone having a wholly baseless and biased interpretation? Coming from you that's pretty funny. :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Susan Rice will become the new National Security Adviser. This appointment by Obama appears to be a move by Obama to become more aggressive and not willing to work with Republicans. This is direct slap in the face by the President to those that disagree with his agenda. One would think that if the President wanted to work with the opposition that he would not appoint such a controversial person as Susan Rice.

Heaven forbid Obama not bowing down to the wishes of the GOP. That would make he look like an elected officer or something.

tytlyf

Not Religious
A democrat playing the race card, hahahah. If it wasn't so blatantly obvious the bigotry and racism displayed by certain TP members in congress then you would have a leg to stand on. Otherwise, this appointment is a good thing. I wouldn't listen to the propaganda machine on the right anyways.
She should have been SOS, but as usual, the GOTP will do anything in their power to be obstructionists. You guys are going to have serious problems in 2014.
Conspiracy theories and manufactured scandals don't work on intelligent people.

dust1n

Zindīq

100 representatives from the GOP want to block her because she said the Benghazi incident was caused by a video, not a premeditated attack. On the other side, GOPers had no problem when C. Powell and C. Rice gave a speech at the UN (with misrepresentations) that led to a decade worth of war, that at least in your generation's favor, will hardly be on your own bill, as opposed to my entire life that will be paying for it.

I didn't say race or sex was the reasoning for anyone doing anything... it's just not surprising.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Doesn't look to different to me. Fox just expounded of Rice's performance during the Benghazi scandal. Which we now know was not factual and was known to be misleading even before she went out and mislead the public.

Okay...so I didn't speak on how they were different, and yet you nailed it in one. I'm neither Democrat nor Republican, but I find the US media coverage interesting to say the least. And as an Aussie, I do take notice of what Murdoch is doing. If you don't think there is a bias there, you're kidding yourself, regardless of which side of the 'fence' you sit on.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

It's obvious a president can pick who he wants as long as the person is qualified. There's nothing that bars Susan Rice...AND I MEAN NOTHING....from having this job. Republicans are simply upset that they don't get the opportunity to deny her this job. And as far as pubs "working" with the president...well it's obvious they do little work and it's obvious they have no plans on working with this president.....I'd say dry those tears and move on congress.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

Because the language the GOP uses proves it. Many in that party have always been that way.

Daily Kos: Dallas Tea Party leader: "The Republican Party doesn't want black people to vote..." (updatedx2)

Question: "What are the Republicans doing to get black people to vote?"

Ken Emanuelson: "Well, I'm going to be real honest with you: The Republican Party doesn't want black people to vote, if they're going to vote 9 to 1 for Democrats."

:eek:

esmith

Veteran Member
Because the language the GOP uses proves it. Many in that party have always been that way.

:eek:
from your link To the question asked Emanuelson "What are the Republicans doing to get black people to vote?"
Ok, Emanuelson said if blacks are going to vote for Democrats at a 9 to 1 ratio he would prefer they not vote. To me that isn't a racist it is being pragmatic. Why would a party that disagrees with the ideas of the Democratic party want anyone voting for a Democrat. What is any different say from a Democrat saying they don't want any TEA party members to vote?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Given how obstructionist the Republicans have been, it's somewhat satisfying to see them whine about the Rice appointment.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
from your link To the question asked Emanuelson "What are the Republicans doing to get black people to vote?"
Ok, Emanuelson said if blacks are going to vote for Democrats at a 9 to 1 ratio he would prefer they not vote. To me that isn't a racist

To me it is.

Why would a party that disagrees with the ideas of the Democratic party want anyone voting for a Democrat. What is any different say from a Democrat saying they don't want any TEA party members to vote?

In my state you do not have to declare your party affiliation or political leanings. This may be true for other states as well....So I'm curious as to how a registration volunteer would even know....and is it legal for them to ask....:confused: (off to research some more on that). I checked out a Texas online registration form and there was nothing on it about party affiliation.....

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Ok, Emanuelson said if blacks are going to vote for Democrats at a 9 to 1 ratio he would prefer they not vote. To me that isn't a racist it is being pragmatic. Why would a party that disagrees with the ideas of the Democratic party want anyone voting for a Democrat. What is any different say from a Democrat saying they don't want any TEA party members to vote?

Didn't you start this thread demanding Obama to "work with the opposition"? (Never mind that it is the GOP that makes a sacred principle of refusing to work with Obama no matter what)

It seems that to you cooperation somehow isn't a two-way street.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
What is any different say from a Democrat saying they don't want any TEA party members to vote?

Because the Tea Party is a political group. It's more like a Democrat saying they don't want Republicans to vote. Which is still kinda a stupid thing to say, to be honest. But not racist.

dust1n

Zindīq
Given how obstructionist the Republicans have been, it's somewhat satisfying to see them whine about the Rice appointment.

This is why it's hard to be an awesome contributor to these topics... if everything wasn't laced in sensationalism and borderline conspiracy theory, and obviously dished out to serve the priorities of one party while ignoring the others, young people would take it more seriously. I'm interested in fighting and corruption, but not doing so to fight another, even more corrupt, agenda.

So, I will just say it plainly. No one is convinced Republicans are trying to fix anything suddenly pointing out these problems in government, and there is no reason their priorities in this regard should be considered better then my own. When I point out corruption, I'm not trying to politically benefit from it; I'm concerned with what is actually the best outcome for all us as a society.

Obstructionist is almost not strong enough here, though the term is entirely appropriate; I'd use laughable, dishonest, puerile and absurd.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Is there any occurrence, no matter how slight or minor, that Fox News republicans don't freak out over anymore?

esmith

Veteran Member
Well she can now invoke executive privilege if she is asked to testify about Benghazi....Well isn't that convenient.