• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swaminarayan

Shantanu

I am a swaminarayan (already u hate me ;). I would just like tok now your views on him. I believe he and his perfect saint Gunatitanand Swami live in the Supreme abode known as Akshardham which is above everything. There are 5 supreme enteties jiva(us), ishwar(indra, kamdev etc.), brahma (gunatitanand swami), and Parabrahma (Swaminarayan bhagawan). We embrace all of Hinduism unlike what you may think, we not only respect other bhagawans but we belive them to be special as well. The Gita is still the most important for us. BAPS is the true swaminarayan sect, the Vartal sect is unclean according to recent news. Our spiritual head Pramukh Swami Maharaj, extremely humble, doesent even look at women (not in a sexist way, in order to stay away from maya). He looks like a pretty normal saint but he is different, he is very, very, very humble. He does love to joke around as well with kishores (16-20yrs) as well as the vadils. He even opened a hospital in Surat where all treatment absolutely free unless you want to pay. There are just a 1000000 of us followers and 700 sadhus.

Jai swaminarayan
Tell me, do you think you are worshipping a sattvic god, or a rajasic god, or a tamasic god? - did you know that all gods have to belong to these three gunas or a blend of them?