• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swedenborgian

SuzyL

When I read many of these posts and threads I am totally astounded at how angry so many people are. My religion gives me such peace and sense of being loved. Seems sad to me to have a religion that doesn't do that for you. If your religion doesn't connect you that spiritual aspect of human's minds then it seems to me to be a waste of time. Why bother?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When I read many of these posts and threads I am totally astounded at how angry so many people are. My religion gives me such peace and sense of being loved. Seems sad to me to have a religion that doesn't do that for you. If your religion doesn't connect you that spiritual aspect of human's minds then it seems to me to be a waste of time. Why bother?

Its personal growth and whether one sees their spiritual path as their life or hobby. Thats my opinion. As personal growth, we learn through our religions or spiritual paths how to have peace. It doesnt come overnight. Like the phrase: One cant be bald overnight. The other is if one says he is enlightened, he isnt.

For example, I pray every morning and evening, light candles for protection and blessing, and the whole nine yards yet there are still uncovered "mysteries" from my life that I cant just drop on the bat. So, I talk with a therapist who suprisingly does not mind working with me through my family rather than being a dry question and answer therapy session.

Each person gets to that point of peace in different times in their lives. Some people here I thought were in their twenties by how they respond to others and found out they are in their late sixties. While yourself, Id probably think you are in your forties when you could be twenty one (which I dont think so) for all I know.

It has a lot to do with age and what one experiences that tells that person how fast that religion or spiritual path will change them in one way or another. I practiced Christianity for four years before I realized it was not letting me find peace within myself. It was an outward emotion of being with a community but not an inward understanding of who I am in relation to myself, others, and my environment.

Now, talking with family both deceased and present living, I find a sence of solace in my well being. Yes, I have ups and downs--as many people do--and not a lot stick though with their faith, using that faith to help them through those unpeaceful moments. Thats why we need a foundation.

Maybe people havent yet realized their spiritual faith is or should be their foundation for everything else rather than a part of a whole that can just be thrown aside if not desired anymore.

I honstly dont know.

Its a learning experience. People dont find peace overnight even if they are born again.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

A religion shouldn't be a sedative that disconnects you from the world.

SuzyL

Its personal growth and whether one sees their spiritual path as their life or hobby. Thats my opinion. As personal growth, we learn through our religions or spiritual paths how to have peace. It doesnt come overnight. Like the phrase: One cant be bald overnight. The other is if one says he is enlightened, he isnt.

For example, I pray every morning and evening, light candles for protection and blessing, and the whole nine yards yet there are still uncovered "mysteries" from my life that I cant just drop on the bat. So, I talk with a therapist who suprisingly does not mind working with me through my family rather than being a dry question and answer therapy session.

Each person gets to that point of peace in different times in their lives. Some people here I thought were in their twenties by how they respond to others and found out they are in their late sixties. While yourself, Id probably think you are in your forties when you could be twenty one (which I dont think so) for all I know.

It has a lot to do with age and what one experiences that tells that person how fast that religion or spiritual path will change them in one way or another. I practiced Christianity for four years before I realized it was not letting me find peace within myself. It was an outward emotion of being with a community but not an inward understanding of who I am in relation to myself, others, and my environment.

Now, talking with family both deceased and present living, I find a sence of solace in my well being. Yes, I have ups and downs--as many people do--and not a lot stick though with their faith, using that faith to help them through those unpeaceful moments. Thats why we need a foundation.

Maybe people havent yet realized their spiritual faith is or should be their foundation for everything else rather than a part of a whole that can just be thrown aside if not desired anymore.

I honstly dont know.

Its a learning experience. People dont find peace overnight even if they are born again.

Nicely said Carlita. I have led a truly blessed life. But I have always known that the Lord Jesus Christ was an important part of my life. I am passionate about my religion, so much so that I got a Masters of Religious Studies with an emphasis on Swedenborgian doctrine. My religion does not make me complacent - in fact, the exact opposite. My religion, which is all about love to the Lord and love to the neighbor, teaches that you show your love to the Lord by loving the neighbor overtly. Actively practicing love.

I am 65 years old and have a 22 year old grand daughter and a 47 year old husband - obviously not my grand daughter's grandfather if you can follow that! :)

SuzyL

A religion shouldn't be a sedative that disconnects you from the world.
If a person is actively practicing their religion, loving the Lord and loving the neighbor, it is most definitely NOT a sedative and rather connects you very passionately with the world.