• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Syrian Refugees: Who qualifies for asylum?

dust1n

Zindīq
Is what the next step? People getting asylum?

I liked the article.

"The record of the past few decades shows that within five to seven years of the kind of war or upheaval that prompts mass flight, conflict often abates, and about half of the refugees then choose to go home. For those who cannot safely return, Hathaway’s model provides for the possibility that another host country could take over from the first, in hopes of increasing shared responsibility. Last year, only about 100,000 refugees across the globe received permanent resettlement status. A more orderly — and shared — system could benefit the millions who now live in limbo.

This may seem like a fantasy given the current turmoil. And yet the world has come together to solve a refugee crisis before. In the decade after the Vietnam War, millions of Vietnamese fled their country, often by sea. Nicknamed the ‘‘boat people,’’ they landed throughout Southeast Asia, where governments eventually threatened to stop accepting them. After an international conference in 1979, those countries dropped their threat, and the rest of the world, especially nations in the West, agreed to take on the task of permanent resettlement and pay most of the cost. Over a decade or so, about 1.8 million Vietnamese refugees were resettled, blending into the human crowd, living out their lives in new lands."

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

“We are ignoring the issue as a strategic maneuver. If these refugees go and settle in the west then they will take the beacon of light i.e. Islam, with them,” an official from the Saudi government said.

“What we are doing is waiting for them to set up camp so that they can show these infidel nations how to save themselves from kufr,” he said.

The current plan seems to be to let the refugees find homes in Europe and then wait to see what happens.

“We already have a lot of Muslims here… we don’t need any more. We could give those white people some refuge if they wanted though,” the official said and laughed.

Syrians have an exceptionally hard time migrating to Arab countries and are often denied entrance to begin with.

“Look let us be honest it’s like asking a Muslim man to let a Hindu into their homes. We’re letting them go to Europe, isn’t that enough?” the official asked.

“Even if we did let them in where would they live? It’s all sand here. At least they’ve got water where they are right now,” the official said and laughed again.

https://khabaristantimes.com/world/...allow-spread-of-islam-in-west-saudi-official/

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
everyone had freedom of beliefs , if Europeen accept Islam because of refugees where is the problem ?

If refugees accept the way of living of Europe , where is the problem ?

the refugees they may lucky , because the good people take over the bad people in Europe (include the Christians leaders), take the responsibilty to take care of them .

i am glade that humanity sense defeat the racist and fear and religious sense in this issue .

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
One of the dangers is that this could set off a far greater wave of xenophobia than what Europe is already facing, and right-wing parties thrive under these conditions.

dust1n

Zindīq
“We are ignoring the issue as a strategic maneuver. If these refugees go and settle in the west then they will take the beacon of light i.e. Islam, with them,” an official from the Saudi government said.

Not only do I suspect most Muslims have a great distaste for the Saudi government, I think the Saudi government also greatly underestimates how many immigrants slowly erode their religion over time when face to face with the good ol' temptation of consumer goods. I mean, I'm not a religious-geopolitical professional here.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Is this the next step in Islamization of Europe?

Comments?

First, it's not helpful to believe in bogeymen. Before you know it the 'Islamization of Europe' will turn out to be a fiendishly clever Zionist plot.
Second, the proper attitude to people fleeing war, death and hardship is generosity and compassion.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
There are dilemmas of every kind about syrian refugees. I wish them the best and I wish they will do their best.