• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taps

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
What do you guys think of The Atlantic Paranormal Society and their show Ghost Hunters (on SciFi)?

I love the show, but I find a lot of their evidence highly suspect, and I'm thinking that in the later episodes of the show, they're more likely to call a place haunted than they would in the earlier seasons.

Here is a site that I have come across that gives a much more skeptical viewpoint on their evidence: here. I like what these guys have to say, they've changed my mind about several GH pieces of evidence.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I think their old stuff is more legit than their new stuff. A lot of "evidence" in new episodes I believe to be suspect due to sloppy scrutinizing.

When they first aired they were doing on haunting per episode and they show you how they would break it down when it came to evidence. Now they try to cram 2-3 haunting per episode and we don't see the detailed scrutinizing because it was either a) cut out when it went through editing, or b) isn't there to begin with.

I think now they are starting to get back to basics though. The newer episodes I've seen them go back to one haunting per episode.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I haven't watched many episodes, but the one or two I've seen did seem kind of suspect. It seemed to me that they were trying too hard to find evidence. It seemed like they wanted to call the places haunted, rather than letting the evidence or lack thereof decide. It might just be me, though.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Papersock works down the street from their office. :)

I love the fact that my home is so close to them, obviously you guys are closer, but it's always cool to see a paranormal investigator team investigating places and towns you've personally been in.

cardero

Citizen Mod
What do you guys think of The Atlantic Paranormal Society and their show Ghost Hunters (on SciFi)?

I love the show, but I find a lot of their evidence highly suspect, and I'm thinking that in the later episodes of the show, they're more likely to call a place haunted than they would in the earlier seasons.

Here is a site that I have come across that gives a much more skeptical viewpoint on their evidence: here. I like what these guys have to say, they've changed my mind about several GH pieces of evidence.

Maybe the producers of the show are putting the pressure to them.

I love the fact that my home is so close to them, obviously you guys are closer, but it's always cool to see a paranormal investigator team investigating places and towns you've personally been in.

mrscardero and I were supposed to see them at Lily Dale, NY in July but the workshop sold out. These guys were also featured at New York' s Comic Con probably to a lot of comic fan's surprise.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I think their old stuff is more legit than their new stuff.
I agree... I thought that as the show grew in popularity that they either were or felt pressured to conclude a place "haunted"... In the beginning episodes Jason would continually state that he didn't like calling places haunted unless there was some pretty concrete evidence, as the show progressed he would do so(at times it seemed relucantly) at the drop of a hat...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
In an episode I've watched, in the establishment they were investigating they've found hidden speakers in the ceiling tiles, a trick mirror, and chandeliers hooked to timed pneumatics to make them sway. They weren't very happy with the owner.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
In an episode I've watched, in the establishment they were investigating they've found hidden speakers in the ceiling tiles, a trick mirror, and chandeliers hooked to timed pneumatics to make them sway. They weren't very happy with the owner.

I remember them talking about that in one of the earlier episodes, did they show that one on tv?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I remember them talking about that in one of the earlier episodes, did they show that one on tv?
They showed last night. :)

I wouldn't have been happy with the owner eitther. When TAPS asked him why he didn't mention the fake mirror or speakers in the womens restroom when telling them about the "ghostly laugh" ot the mirror sightings, the guy replied, "It slipped my mind. I don't go into the womens restroom." What a moron. :rolleyes:

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
They showed last night. :)

I wouldn't have been happy with the owner eitther. When TAPS asked him why he didn't mention the fake mirror or speakers in the womens restroom when telling them about the "ghostly laugh" ot the mirror sightings, the guy replied, "It slipped my mind. I don't go into the womens restroom." What a moron. :rolleyes:

Oh... well that's what I get for not having TV.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da

I saw that one last night too. That was really messed up on the owners part.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I just saw this episode, how low! Seriously, that's just terrible to have those gimmicks and then to say, "oh I forgot about those...":rolleyes:

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Anybody ever see that investigaiton they did at some lighthouse in Florida? That was pretty freaky.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Yes, I think what they caught at the St. Augustine Lighthouse could be great evidence if it is real. I try to remain skeptical..