• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoo Advice

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
Everyone tells me I should do tattoo but I've never got to mess around with a tattoo gun so I wouldn't know how good I'd be as an actual artist, though everyone loves the custom flash I make for them.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I have heard that the hard part is working with the people. The guy that did mine told me I was one of the easiest ever to do work on. :woohoo:He said I didn't budge or twitch at all. We were talkin and whatnot the whole time too. When he did the outline I just held my breath and bearhugged the chair:D. He said they have seen big bad cocky actin biker guys walk in there and whine and pass out and almost pee themselves. ha ha. Imagine working with that.
I bet people would pay you just to do the custom flash.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Would it be possible to either have a full moon tattooed around it, with varying gray shading and all to make it obviously be moon related? Or perhaps complete the circles that the crecents form, as another drew, and have each of them lightly shaded different colors? Since there would be overlap, perhaps just do something like the primary colors in the moons and the secondary colors in the overlaps?

Oh, and I have only two tattoos, each done by different artists, but each one made comments about how women, in general, are better to do tats on because there are less problems with reactions/fainting. Each time I have been in a tattoo parlor and have seen men get tattoos, I have seen at least one turn sheet white and either near faint or faint.

What I find most funny is that I tend to find that men that have a fear of needles usually have tattoos. Why the hell is that??? :areyoucra:p

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
Would it be possible to either have a full moon tattooed around it, with varying gray shading and all to make it obviously be moon related? Or perhaps complete the circles that the crecents form, as another drew, and have each of them lightly shaded different colors? Since there would be overlap, perhaps just do something like the primary colors in the moons and the secondary colors in the overlaps?

That is probably what I'm gonna do, or something similar.
Oh, and I have only two tattoos, each done by different artists, but each one made comments about how women, in general, are better to do tats on because there are less problems with reactions/fainting. Each time I have been in a tattoo parlor and have seen men get tattoos, I have seen at least one turn sheet white and either near faint or faint.

What I find most funny is that I tend to find that men that have a fear of needles usually have tattoos. Why the hell is that??? :areyoucra:p

Women have a divinely higher pain tolerance than men. Only women can birth life, so we have to be tougher:p Men are weenies...

Kcnorwood

A bit off topic but I'm getting one fo the Green man which is my persoanl deity. I wanted one just like my avater but too much money & work so I'm going with this one. I want it on my right calf on the outside of it. Never nind for some reason there is no way to upload it on my screen.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
Just make sure you get the artist you want! The artist that does the tattoo makes such a difference! Take a pic after you get it and upload it:D

RationalSoulution

The Evolution of Soul
To upload pictures go to ImageShack® - Hosting, it's free. I searched for a year to find an artist specifically for the tattoo i want. Have to look at their shading, color, and just how their work is, in relative to the tattoo you want. Unfortunately for me, i now have acne right where the tattoo is going....maybe im being told something lol.

Kcnorwood

I just changed my avatar. This is the tattoo I want as you can see it's gong to take some time & money I'm betting..

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I had my dad pick out a tattoo for me a few years back. I couldn't make up my mind, so I printed off all kinds of religious symbols I like, and gave them to him and told him to pick one that he thought fit me best. My dad is wiccan, and I love wicca and lean towards it a lot. He picked this one for me:
(the one that is three crescent moons interwoven)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There are several styles of the Lunar Triple Goddess symbol, representing the three aspects of the moon (waxing, waning, and full) and womankind (mother, maiden, crone), as well as the Lady, or Goddess, the feminine polarity of the universe:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
triplemoon.jpg
triplecrescent.jpg
[/FONT]

Well, everyone mistakes it for a biohazard symbol, and I want it to look like crescent moons. Eventually I'm going to have an artist tweak it a little to look a little more feminine and a little more like moons. I just don't know how. Any ideas?

I think it's a cool tat and I can see why some would think it is similar to the biohard symbol......Mine is a egyptian ank on my right shoulder/arm and a crescent moon circling a nautical star on the other shoulder/arm.......I think I want to get the egyptian third eye symbol on the left side of my chest...... not sure yet... Maybe the artist could do some cool background effects for yours...

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Saint Tigeress said:
Women have a divinely higher pain tolerance than men. Only women can birth life, so we have to be tougher:p Men are weenies...

You seem to be forgetting a Mr. Arnold Schwarzenegger. ;)

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
The very same.

Are you talkin about that movie where he got pregnant somehow? i can't remember what it's called....

I am so terrifed of child birth I'm going to need loads of moral support one day, seeing as how you can't jack yourself up on drugs, lol.

Be glad that was just a movie.

I thank God for the invention of Mirena. I am safe for another four years:D