• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoos

Tats. I . . . .

• Absolutely love them

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Like them

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Can take them or leave them

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dislike them

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Think they're ugly as sin

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Its about time they were more changeable. I don't like the fact that they are permanent. We're in the future. We ought to have tats that are like etch-a-sketch. Its ridiculous that you can't change your tats. (Reverse all the sentences in this paragraph. They will read more smoothly.)

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There is a permanent tattoo I would get. If there were a tattoo that encrypted lots of common numbers, formulas and info into a single image. For example I'd get a tattoo that had all the atomic weights, science constants, star positions, that doubled as a slide rule, had math formulas for things. There ought to be a tattoo that has all of that stuff encoded into some kind of picture that looks cool.

Yehet

I absolutely love tattoos, because there are various tattoo artists that have so many art styles when inking you. I think if you really want a tattoo, don't just get one from google images, sit down and actually think about the creation you want, don't be afraid to do trial and error's with your tattoo artist on idea's, question about the type of ink they're using, not only research your about tattoo artist but look at reviews and tattoo's they've done on other people, most of all think about positioning. I don't believe all tattoo's must have meaning, if you like it for aesthetic value then just do it. I feel that in every age, your style will evolve so really do think about what you want to get, like I used to like minimalist tattoo's, but now I like both minimalistic and big traditional tattoos. Also for me, never get your significant others name or portrait tattooed on you, getting lasered hurts more than an actual tattoo lmaoo

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I recently turned 30 and got a matching tattoo with my mother for my birthday. I am planning 3 more tattoos but lack the funds at the moment. The pain was way worse than I was expecting but it was worth it.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

Tattoos - have become abused in modern time - they are not supposed to be just "art form" body decoration - they are supposed originally to be purely spiritual - like a permant talisman or charm... ;)

Many people nowadays for instance - will get a tattoo that includes a specific symbol or sigil - and yet they will not even know or appreciate the MEANING or spiritual significance of the thing they have just marked themself with...They will think it means something entirely different - twisted in this modern culture, and can be quite shocked suprised and upset when someone tells them what the marks ACTUALLY man..lol...

You know for instance -there was a fad here to get a "celtic band" around the bicep muscle...LOOKS nice and all - BUT - is SUPPOSED to denote membership to specific clans, which of course those getting such tattoos are NOT a member at all...And so they have marked the body in that way and perhaps it looks good as body decoration - but they have at the same time made themself look - intellectually foolish - not realising the siginificance of the design itself and choosing that design for looks rather than meaning....

Take the swastika s an obvious example - I know someone who has one tattoed on his arm and he takes endless abuse because of it...People dont KNOW what it means and WRONGLY think he is some kind of nazi....Had they known the original SPIRITUAL significance of the SIGIL itself then their judgement would be seen as unwarranted...All they see though, is the false truth taught and now adopted by their society - the symbol became MISREPRESENTED and now my mate has to live with other peoples ignorance...

Spiritually speaking - I am very careful about how I use my body - but that is because I know and appreciate there is indeed POWER in Words and Symbols - and I would never choose to adorn it with anything meaningless or anything I was ignorant of...To that end I have only one tattoo - a pictograph - a man with a bowl of food sitting cross legged under a tent - I designed it my Self to reflect my own inner state of Peace and only had it done once that peace was legitimately found, and became settled realised and central...The peace itself is a PART of me - and the tattoo (should always) reflect this ;)

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Maybe you should use an anaesthetic ointment for the next one.

She used a anaesthetic spray after she got the outline done. Apparently they cannot use it before then. I nearly passed out twice lol I felt so silly.

My tattoo (in my profile picture) represents mine (and my mums) deep love and affinity for cats.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't have any myself but I don't mind them. Some appeal to me and others don't, but I have a pretty 'not my body, not my concern' attitude about those I don't. :)