• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teenages Steal Car Kill Baby Then Charged With Misdemeanor

esmith

Veteran Member
Seems that in Chicago you only get charged with criminal trespassing for stealing a car then getting into accident which results in the death of a child; However the charges could be upgraded pending investigation.
What I don't understand is why just the misdemeanor charges of criminal treaspassing in the first place. They stole a car, then got into an accident which resulted in the death of the child riding the car they hit.
I suspect due to the community outcry about the incident the DA will have to upgrade the charges. How about auto theft, and vehicular manslaughter to start with.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What I don't understand is why just the misdemeanor charges of criminal treaspassing in the first place. They stole a car, then got into an accident which resulted in the death of the child riding the car they hit.
If you don't understand why they charged them the way they did, then I suspect that you (and we) don't have all the facts that informed that decision.

Colt

Seems that in Chicago you only get charged with criminal trespassing for stealing a car then getting into accident which results in the death of a child; However the charges could be upgraded pending investigation.
I suspect due to the community outcry about the incident the DA will have to upgrade the charges. How about auto theft, and vehicular manslaughter to start with.
It was just a late term abortion!

Curious George

Veteran Member
Is it possible that they are being held on the charge of criminal trespass to a vehicle and the DA will file more complete charges in the petition, or has the petition already been filed and no amendment seems forthcoming?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We read "killed a baby", but does that imply pre-judgment of
intent? It could be stated as "a baby died in a traffic accident".
The crime was stealing the car. So this death occurred after
that, ie, it wasn't a death during commission of a crime.
Still, wouldn't car theft be a felony?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's disgusting they handcuff little children now.

The mentality of the people who approved this and those who do this is beyond words and comprehension as a human being.
I wonder how these cops treat their own kids?
If they have any, Child Protective Services should investigate them.
The cops' behavior is defended by their department.
Are there any good cops there, when this is standard conduct?

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I wonder how these cops treat their own kids?
If they have any, Child Protective Services should investigate them.
The cops' behavior is defended by their department.
Are there any good cops there, when this is standard conduct?
Some were even stunned. Yea. Stunned.

A lot of outrage. No changes to police policy on how to handle little kids.

It goes on and on and on....