• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Television Shows

Which type of TV shows do you watch?

• Total voters

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
On the rare occasion that I watch TV, I usually watch either cartoons, documentaries, or real (not reality) things. (I loathe reality TV. ;))

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
TheJedi said:
regular CSI. gil grissom rocks.
I concur!
William Peterson > David Caruso > Gary Sinise
Since CSI:NY is on Wednesday night right after choir practice, we usually miss it, and I forgot to set the VCR today.

I haven't followed a sitcom since Cheers closed its doors, but Blue Collar Comedy Tour is funny at times. Git 'er Done! My wife likes reality shows, so I usually watch them with her.:bonk: As long as they are dirt cheap to make and draw strong ratings, I think their proliferation will continue.

If the game of baseball went away, my TV watching would probably go away, too.:p Once the World Series ends, I learn a lot from the History Channel and TLC.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
As long as it is new and not just a rehash of old ideas I will try most things.
If it bores me I have no patients. goes off straight away.
Best of all I like programmes that give something to think about, not Just time fillers.

Terry____________________
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.

ayani

i love my documentaries. and nature shows.

for drama, i go for Law & Order. any of them.

i like older comedies, too. Golden Girls, Roseanne, Keeping up Appearences.

mr.guy

crapsack
I caught some repeats of "Yes, Minister". It's so evil!(cynical, and dare i say pragmatic). I'm addicted. It is soon to replace Dr.who as my main show.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
mr.guy said:
I caught some repeats of "Yes, Minister". It's so evil!(cynical, and dare i say pragmatic). I'm addicted. It is soon to replace Dr.who as my main show.
If you like the Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister shows, you should read the books. Read them when I was a kid, and they are so good I still remember most of them.:biglaugh:

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
michel said:
...and neighbours
Oh, michel! :tsk: (Although I will admit to watching it every so often when someone dies.) Guess it could be worse; you could like 'Home and Away'...

michel said:
I'm not sure; My older son believes that 'Lost' is actually set in purgatory; which it could be - I must admit it has had me puzzled a few times.
Nup, it's not. The writers/producers have stated it's definitely not set in Hell or purgatory.

mr.guy said:
It is soon to replace Dr.who as my main show.

:eek: Wash your mouth out! I've been watching reruns of 'Dr. Who' for quite some time now. They started right back at the beginning, but I only started watching every day when they got to Jon Pertwee (the 3rd Doctor). We're up to the 5th Doctor (who shall forever be thought of as Tristan from 'All Creatures Great and Small'). I can't wait for the second season of the "new" 'Dr. Who' to start back up, although I'm still crushed by the loss of Christopher Eccleston...I really liked him, he reminded me of Tom Baker's Doctor...maybe it was the grin. :D I read somewhere that Anthony Stewart Head is going to play The Master in this season. That could be a little strange to watch, since I now have this image of him as a cross between Giles from Buffy, and the Prime Minister from Little Britain...I'm interested to see if he can pull it off (if indeed the rumour is true).

Ok, so obviously I like watching 'Dr. Who'. I like a bit of sci-fi, and watched 'Star Trek: TNG' for years, but don't watch what is around these days. When I think "comedy", I tend to think of skit shows, like 'Little Britain' (and 'Hale and Pace', in its day)...I don't think of sitcoms as "comedy", which I tend to avoid these days (as others have stated, the older ones are best - I can watch 'Seinfeld' reruns till the cows come home). I like crime dramas, medical dramas, and a little bit of fluff sometimes. If I see a documentary is going to be on that doesn't clash with one of my regular shows (which all have to be taped, since I get up at 4.30am for work, and thus go to bed early), I'll tape it to watch (watched an interesting doco on sex in music last weekend). Can't stand reality tv and avoid it like the plague. I watch some news, and usually one or two current affairs shows in the evening before bed. I like some game shows too, but don't go out of my way to watch them.

My current regular viewing includes:

Mon-Thurs - Dr. Who (sci-fi - reruns)
Sunday - Law & Order: Criminal Intent (crime drama)
Monday - The Alice (Australian drama with a dash of the comedic ridiculous)
Queer As Folk (drama - US version)
Haunted (crime drama with a paranormal twist)
Taggart (Scottish crime drama - reruns)
Tuesday - All Saints (Australian medical drama)
Wednesday - House (US medical drama)
Thursday - Alias (purely to watch Jennifer Garner wear skimpy clothes and kick arse - the storylines have left a lot to be desired so far this season)

Shows that I used to watch until recently but are currently between seasons here:

Lost (drama)
Desperate Housewives (the closest I'll get to watching a soapie)
Little Britain (comedy)
NCIS (crime drama)

I do like the CSI shows (Miami is the one I've watched most), but they clash with other shows that I like more at the moment, so they miss out. I usually get to watch reruns during the summer of at least one CSI. I also like Law & Order: SVU, but it clashes with something else too. There are heaps of old(er) shows that I love and will watch when I run into them on tv, but I don't seek them out (except Dr. Who), and it doesn't happen often.
My weekends lately have been spent watching movies (mostly older ones, since I can get a good deal on weekly rentals at my video store), but I don't really watch any actual 'tv' unless I've really got nothing better to do, or it's on for background noise to keep me company. Speaking of movies, I think I'll go watch one right now...:p

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
OOops! I somehow missed Michel's comment about "Lost". I'm sorry!

I've heard this theory expressed before, so I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks so...

My theory? They're on an island! (And I am unanimous in that!)

(We're so lucky to get Brit-coms here on PBS! Yay, Mrs. Slocombe!)

lousyskater

i don't really watch TV that much, although i do watch lots of anime. when i'm not watching anything though, i'm usually playing WoW(World of Warcraft).