• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me why I should vote for Trump/Harris

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Up for grabs: one shiny, barely used 2024 American vote.

This, folks, is your chance to talk me into voting for your candidate.

As it stands now I'll most likely be voting for Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate unless I can come up with a decent write-in candidate in the meantime (If only Tony Stark was a real person), but I'm open to listening to arguments in favor of voting for one or the other of the something-other-than-make-believe 2024 presidential candidates too.

So, have at.

Our non-American members can feel free to join in as well, after all it's your world that we're most likely going to wind up blowing up too.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Personally looking at the laundry list of what she'd like to do, I find a lot that I can agree with. So if you're going to make a protest vote, I can't complain. But since you're considering a write-in candidate as well, I have to ask what matters to you? What do you see as the real problems in America today? And how do you think that given the realities of our system we can go about fixing them?

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

As it stands now I'll most likely be voting for Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate unless I can come up with a decent write-in candidate in the meantime (If only Tony Stark was a real person), but I'm open to listening to arguments in favor of voting for one or the other of the something-other-than-make-believe 2024 presidential candidates too.

So, have at.

Our non-American members can feel free to join in as well, after all it's your world that we're most likely going to wind up blowing up too.

I think Jill Stein is a good choice,she might be related to a famous chef Rick Stein and could come up with a recipe to fix America,best I can do really :).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Personally looking at the laundry list of what she'd like to do, I find a lot that I can agree with. So if you're going to make a protest vote, I can't complain. But since you're considering a write-in candidate as well, I have to ask what matters to you? What do you see as the real problems in America today? And how do you think that given the realities of our system we can go about fixing them?
By the way, I took the question seriously as a salesman might ask what a prospective buyer was looking for. I prefer selling to preaching.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally looking at the laundry list of what she'd like to do, I find a lot that I can agree with. So if you're going to make a protest vote, I can't complain.

Voting for a third party candidate isn't really a protest vote for me though. I just see it as voting the way that people should be expected to vote: voting for who I would like to see in office whether she stands a chance or not.

But since you're considering a write-in candidate as well, I have to ask what matter to you? What do you see as the real problems in America today? And how do you think that given the realities of our system we can go about fixing them?

The biggest problem I see in our country today is the fact that as a people, we Americans are selfish, self-indulgent, apathetic, and typically concerned with all the wrong things (ask a typical American college student who the Secretary of state is and 9 out of 10 times they won't be able to tell you. Now ask them to name all of the Kardashians).

Thats just for starters. What would I like to see? A candidate that tells us the truth, especially about ourselves. I would like to see somebody focus the spotlight on some of the things going on in the world that we could actually fix. For example: we don't need to keep supporting child slavery in the Congo, the batteries in our cell phones don't need to be dependent on Cobalt mining. We have better options now, we're just not using them.

In a little while I'm going to ride my bicycle to the store. It's only about a mile away, but I'll see anywhere from 50 to 100 cars on my way there, and I can guarantee that if I bother to look inside those cars almost all of them will only be carrying one person. Something like 10 or 20% of those vehicles will have much more horsepower than the driver will ever need or ever use, which means quite a bit of the pollution they're generating (emissions and noise) will be completely unnecessary, and a lot of the money they're shoveling out to the oil companies in order to finance all the destruction and oppression they're perpetrating in the world could be better spent somewhere else (pretty much anywhere else).

I would love to see somebody put measures in place to make that kind of behavior less attractive and less convenient, whether its through enticement or enforcement.

And that goes for pretty much every aspect of our consumer economy.

I would love to see a candidate that could somehow get young people excited and optimistic about the future again by letting them know that they may actually still have one.

I know all that's pretty vague, and telling people the truth about themselves has never been a very successful political strategy (you can well get yourself nailed to a tree), but that's what we need, and that's what I'd like to see.

I would also like superpowers and a flying pony.

In my opinion our country, and our society needs a complete overhaul. I know That's not something we're going to be able to accomplish in 4 years, but since you're asking I would settle for a candidate who gives us some clue that she's actually aware of all that.

Last edited:

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

So, have at.

Jill Stein played a significant role in taking votes from Hillary in 2016 in states where it mattered, where the margin for the electoral college was close. I've read enough third party voters to know it's probably not worth the time to try to convince you, so I won't. Hopefully enough independents will carry the day to prevent another disastrous Trump presidency.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
You should vote for who you want to vote for.

I cannot muster looking at third party candidates for many offices because we don't have a proper voting system to support that yet. We need ranked choice voting. When that happens, it's very likely I'd vote Green Party for my first choice the majority of the time. But it hasn't happened, and it is vastly more important to keep a rapist, felon, artist, and sociopathic narcissist from obtaining the presidency. Especially after the recent supreme court ruling that basically handed immunity to the presidency.

Oh, and half the population of this country lost the most basic and fundamental of all human rights because that little $#@% was elected last time - the right to bodily autonomy. Folks can be (and in some places, are) enslaved by the state and forced to give birth and die. It's a level of $#@%Ing disgusting that I have no words for and anyone who isn't a misogynistic piece of crap should be voting straight D up and down the ticket until this nonsense is fixed.

Heyo

Veteran Member

So, have at.

In the past, I have been advocating to vote third party, and not listen to the false dilemma. But this time, it might be true that it is important to prevent the bigger evil. Trump and his cronies have the plans and are in a position to really ruin US democracy. Harris, or whoever the DNC will finally come up with, will only be the lesser evil, but anyone will be better than Trump.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Jill Stein played a significant role in taking votes from Hillary in 2016 in states where it mattered, where the margin for the electoral college was close. I've read enough third party voters to know it's probably not worth the time to try to convince you, so I won't. Hopefully enough independents will carry the day to prevent another disastrous Trump presidency.
Yes, this is a crucial issue for those who are living in swing states. If you don;t live in a swing state than don;t worry about voting for Jill Stein or Mickey Mouse, it won't matter. But swing states do matter. And if voters aren't MAGA and corrupt for Trump, then there is no need to ponder who to vote for. The only moral and rational vote is for anyone running against Trump.

Anyone who is confused and undecided is missing the big picture. The 2024 election is only about big picture, not idealism.

Daemon Sophic

So, have at.

First, what state are you in?
And no, not your state of inebriation. :unamused:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
First, what state are you in?
And no, not your state of inebriation. :unamused:
I don't think I'm going to say, because in this context I'd feel like I was asking for permission or forgiveness for voting for an independent.

Personally, being a non-American member, I would actually prefer Donald Trump to be the next POTUS. Last time he served a term, he had a (relatively) peaceful reign, with not a single new war. NATO hates Trump and I hate NATO, so that's that. We need to defund all military so we can finally talk like adults instead of throwing bombs and tantrums.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, being a non-American member, I would actually prefer Donald Trump to be the next POTUS. Last time he served a term, he had a (relatively) peaceful reign, with not a single new war.
You're the second person who's pointed that out to me today. It was one of the inspirations for this thread.

Most of the threads in here dealing with the election are full of people talking about how much they hate the other side and their candidate.

I'm curious to see how many positive things people have to say about their own candidate.

Most of the threads in here dealing with the election are full of people talking about how much they hate the other side and their candidate.

Election campaigns - same in Europe - are no longer about convincing people with good ideas and sensible concepts. It's enough to print ‘They're **** over there and we're not!’ on posters, flanked by the bourgeois press, which essentially writes ‘Yes, we agree, applause!’ instead of critically scrutinising.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
You're the second person who's pointed that out to me today. It was one of the inspirations for this thread.

I'm curious to see how many positive things people have to say about their own candidate.
That does seem harder to do. I don't have a TV going anymore, but I remember the vast majority of the political commercials were just crapping on the other guy, not talking up their own.

I knew a woman who was living with her great grandson during an election year. He was about 5ish. She'd found someone had drawn all over her car with a sharpie. She suspected he knew something about it, and asked him. He said he did, but he didn't want to tell her who. She'd be mad. She told him she'd be even more mad if he didn't. Very solemnly, he told her "Well... it was Chuck Grassley. He did it." (Iowa Congressman)

She had to bite her lip to keep from laughing, and told her grandson Chuck had lost her vote.