• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

temptation in zoroastrianism

hello all,
I am here to ask if anyone knows whether the concept of temptation into sin is a part of zoroastrianism... I know in the vendidad he himself is tempted by ahriman, but i think it is a special occasion... I am wondering, is that a part of the everyday believer's life, (not some prophet or messiah)? I know ahriman wouldn't be expected to appear to anyone in person, but I am asking, would he appear by proxy through a person, is that temptation into sin a part of this religion, like in judaism the jews are tempted by the surrounding peoples into idolatry, or christianity they are fighting against sin, satan, who tempts through the proxy of earthly people, wealth and rulers, an adulteress, etc., ??

haltensie

No, Ahriman is only interested in destroying us. He is believed to be the reason behind natural disasters and the like.

how then can you be a follower of the drug/druj,a drugevant, i.e. of the lie - how does one become a thief etc., if not convinced from outside; or if he is not convinced by some supernatural party, why call a supernatural party, the lie?