• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas United Methodist churches

Alien826

No religious beliefs
During mass, I don't recite the creed for much the same reason. I have a strong influence from Hinduism with some Buddhist additions.
Heh, that reminds me. Back when I attended a Christian church, I would say only the parts of the creed that I believed, which meant I remained silent through about 80% of it! :)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Heh, that reminds me. Back when I attended a Christian church, I would say only the parts of the creed that I believed, which meant I remained silent through about 80% of it! :)
gee, I could say, "We believe in One God." That's it. LOL

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Look, I don't want to boss people around religiously, but as a general rule of thumb, I think that any vow made when lying invalidates the vow. But this is really an internal issue for you guys, so I'll leave it to you catholics, now. :)
I've listened to priests talk about this, including one that used the Roman cop that I posted before. And also, the Catechism, which is the official teaching of the Church, says we must follow our [hopefully informed] conscience.

Within Judaism, you run across much the same with halacha.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Oh, I can obviously relate! :)

Muffled

Jesus in me
No, I said the opposite. I said GLBTQs should have their relationship with God, and ask for direction from God. God can direct them to the right soul mate, and when God has a hand in it we do not need to worry if GLBTqs are right or
wrong.I can pray for them and pray to God and ask God to guide them. What's wrong with that?
I believe that is a good thing to pray for. It certainly requires prayer because it doesn't happen very often.