• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amplified Bible

Zwing

Notice that there is a possibility that God moved and yet man has the capacity to not recognize that it was Him working through them.
Why should one attribute anything to an unverified supernatural source, when there is a natural explanation? To do so is madness.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Why should one attribute anything to an unverified supernatural source, when there is a natural explanation? To do so is madness.
Because the natural was created by the supernatural? Why is it madness?

Kenny

Premium Member
What god is that? If there were to be a god, then I would hope not, but I have seen no gods.
I'm addressing your statement about the prosperity gospel. I guess changing the subject is your best defense.

Zwing

Because the natural was created by the supernatural? Why is it madness?
For lack of evidence. In the utter absence of evidence, a natural explanation for things and phenomena must take precedence over a supernatural one.

Zwing

I'm addressing your statement about the prosperity gospel. I guess changing the subject is your best defense.
Yes, you are addressing my statement with a question based upon an a priori premise. I am calling that premise into question, and highlighting its a priori nature, not changing the subject. Before I can answer the question of whether God wants poor people, I must be shown that there is a God to do the wanting. I am not an antitheist, and remain open to proof of God’s existence, but it must be proof of God’s existence. If you demand an answer without such demonstration, then my answer must be, “no, since there seems to be no God to want either way”. If you were to demand I base my answer upon scripture (which I would not naturally do, but for the sake of argument…), the Jesus is reported to have noted that “…the poor will always be with us…”, within which statement divine acceptance of that state of affairs is implicit.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
For lack of evidence. In the utter absence of evidence, a natural explanation for things and phenomena must take precedence over a supernatural one.
As I have said before... it isn't as much as lack of evidence but rather a difference in interpretation of evidence. I have no problem with you having your own personal opinion.

Kenny

Premium Member
Yes, you are addressing my statement with a question based upon an a priori premise. I am calling that premise into question, and highlighting its a priori nature, not changing the subject. Before I can answer the question of whether God wants poor people, I must be shown that there is a God to do the wanting. I am not an antitheist, and remain open to proof of God’s existence, but it must be proof of God’s existence. If you demand an answer without such demonstration, then my answer must be, “no, since there seems to be no God to want either way”. If you were to demand I base my answer upon scripture (which I would not naturally do, but for the sake of argument…), the Jesus is reported to have noted that “…the poor will always be with us…”, within which statement divine acceptance of that state of affairs is implicit.
Ok... then you shouldn't make other statements (based on your personal opinion) until you prove your point to be a valid point. If you can't support a position until you are convince that there is a God to do the wanting, then you should draw conclusions. IMV As you noted, it was more about your personal experience as a Christian than a substantive position.

Zwing

…isn't as much as lack of evidence but rather a difference in interpretation of evidence.
Do you have evidence for God’s existence? Keep in mind here that supernatural propositions should only be accepted upon the offering of supernatural evidence. Have you access to any supernatural evidence, which might convince me?
If you can't support a position until you are convince that there is a God to do the wanting, then you should draw conclusions.
I’m unsure of what you refer to here. What type of conclusions do you refer to?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

The Amplified Bible

Whatever is done to NT-Bible, I understand, it remains an unreliable Deviant Pauline document, its status does not change, please, right?

Regards