• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Avengers movie

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I almost never go to theaters to see a movie, but I think I'm going to go to see this one:

Marvel's The Avengers In Theaters May 4

One nice thing is that most of the prequels---the movies dealing with each individual member of the team---were so hokey that my expectations aren't all that high, so walking out of the theater I'll get to feel either pleasantly surprised, or pleasantly smug. :D

jamesstolen08

I have watched this movie trailer many times online. When this movie was released i am going to watch.I am waiting for this movie.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I was big into Marvel comics a while ago, but I've lost much of my interest. I'm letting the two subscriptions I have die out, partly because I'd rather buy the trades that don't have ads stuck in the middle of my reading experience. We'll see how the reviews come in for this movie.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
In the next Avenger movie I hope they do the Civil War storyline.

That would be hard to play out in a movie. I'm not sure the narrative would have enough room to breathe and some of the nuances would get lost. That complexity would work better as a regularly running hour-long TV series.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
As cheesy as the films have been leading up to this one and I liked them any way, I still can't wait. Trillions of 80's comic book kids are dying to see this.

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
Probably not the same as opening Avengers issue # 100 back in the 70s and seeing the fantastic artwork of Barry Windsor Smith.

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
Greetings swamplizard.

I think Smith was one of the best artists that Marvel had. Here is a Barry Smith piece.

2eyywp0.jpg

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As long as its not a chick flick disguised as an action movie I'm game.
Hold on there, bub! Tis a rare thing, but a chick flick in action flick disguise can work.
"Aliens" is the only one I can think of though. The extended version in which Ripley
deals with the death of her daughter clarifies its "chick flick" status.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Hold on there, bub! Tis a rare thing, but a chick flick in action flick disguise can work.
"Aliens" is the only one I can think of though. The extended version in which Ripley
deals with the death of her daughter clarifies its "chick flick" status.
Haha; the idiocy of Bill Paxton's charcter and the sensitivity of Michael Biehn's character weren't dead give-aways? :)

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Really good film. The only negative thing I have to say about the film is the slightly cheesy dialogue towards the end of the film and fairly predictable ending. Still an excellent movie.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Haha; the idiocy of Bill Paxton's charcter and the sensitivity of Michael Biehn's character weren't dead give-aways? :)
Could'a done without Paxton's character, but he was essential for the set-up for this wonderful Vasquez line.....
[youtube]eycDq4NW88o[/youtube]
Bad Vasquez - YouTube

Jeannette Goldstein (Vasquez) had a memorable role in another Cameron movie, Terminator 2.
[youtube]slfUO_DFVa0[/youtube]
GOT MILK TERMINATOR - YouTube