• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Believabliltiy of Evolution

gnostic

The Lost One
Of course there's the big one:
Life can only come from other life. All we’ve ever observed in nature and everything we know about biology confirms that life always comes from other life.

If that were true, then Genesis 2:7 could not have possibly happen - turning “life dust” into a “living adult human male”.

Dust are lifeless.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
So you can't state in your own words any experiment exists that shows any species ever underwent any gradual change as a result of "survival of the fittest".
How convenient for you to just diss it without providing one speck of evidence and then blaming me for not spoon feeding you.

You believe in "Evolution" with no evidence whatsoever of any type or sort.
Then do please tell us exactly how it is that multi-celled organisms didn't show until after 1 billion bp whereas single-celled organisms go back over 3 billion bp? If there was no evolutionary process, how can one explain that?

You can play with fossils until they're shiny but you can't see a gradual change in species by any means at all.
That's a lie as has been pointed out to you many times before.

I'm perfectly happy to be nearly perfectly ignorant. God save us from those who know everything.
"Physician, heal thyself".

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Then do please tell us exactly how it is that multi-celled organisms didn't show until after 1 billion bp whereas single-celled organisms go back over 3 billion bp? If there was no evolutionary process, how can one explain that?
The assumption that the layers represent time periods is just an assumption...

gnostic

The Lost One
But God breathed life into them. Life from the source of all life.
Dust are real. Humans are real.

God...not so much.

God turning dust into a human being, is a myth.

God giving life to lifeless dust, by breathing into the dust, that just myth.

If the only basis of Adam story is a myth, then it is not based on reality, but on idiot author who cannot tell the differences between lifeless dust and biology.

In this day and age with our current knowledge of biology, people have to be so very gullible to accept ancient myth & ancient superstition as true - ignorance must be bliss.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Take just one idea, that intelligent apes somehow stumbled on how to start fires. There are millions of these kind of flukes that have to happen for evolution to be correct.
Life can only come from other life. All we’ve ever observed in nature and everything we know about biology confirms that life always comes from other life.

"The evolution of intelligent life is a wildly improbable fluke, research by Oxford University’s Future of Humanity Institute showed."

Not that I agree with the article that life came about through evolution, but if it could, it would have to be a highly improbable fluke. The odds are astronomically against it.
A just so story is not what I asked for. So, clearly, you cannot provide
Take just one idea, that intelligent apes somehow stumbled on how to start fires. There are millions of these kind of flukes that have to happen for evolution to be correct.

"The evolution of intelligent life is a wildly improbable fluke, research by Oxford University’s Future of Humanity Institute showed."

Not that I agree with the article that life came about through evolution, but if it could, it would have to be a highly improbable fluke. The odds are astronomically against it.
So the answer to my question is...No.

Of course life did not come about by evolution. This is established based on facts. Evolution is not a process or theory of the origin of life.

Look how much you get wrong regarding what is said and done in science. Here are at least two examples of the erroneous notions you bring to bear. And you are convinced you are an expert in your understanding of science on this foundation of sand.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I couldn't link to the article your Google search picked up, but indications are it is not a science article, but a popular article making claims about something scientists are working on.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
A just so story is not what I asked for. So, clearly, you cannot provide
So the answer to my question is...No.

Of course life did not come about by evolution. This is established based on facts. Evolution is not a process or theory of the origin of life.

Look how much you get wrong regarding what is said and done in science. Here are at least two examples of the erroneous notions you bring to bear. And you are convinced you are an expert in your understanding of science on this foundation of sand.
So you aren't interested in the research that supports what I said. Shrug.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No, it is not an assumption-- it's "science". Ever hear of "forensics science", which even have helped to decide a great many court cases?
Lol, the " science" of the past is riddled with assumptions.
If you don't assume that the layers represent time periods you would come to other conclusions that don't fit the evolution model.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Dust are real. Humans are real.

God...not so much.

God turning dust into a human being, is a myth.

God giving life to lifeless dust, by breathing into the dust, that just myth.

If the only basis of Adam story is a myth, then it is not based on reality, but on idiot author who cannot tell the differences between lifeless dust and biology.

In this day and age with our current knowledge of biology, people have to be so very gullible to accept ancient myth & ancient superstition as true - ignorance must be bliss.
Yes belief that everything came from nothing so much more intelligent.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
If you don't assume that the layers represent time periods you would come to other conclusions that don't fit the evolution model.
What does this mean? All the evidence supports that the geological layers are laid down and formed over time and are correlated with different time periods. Even geologists that are Christian recognize this.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
More interested in it than the evidence indicates you are. And again, popular article about something. Not a science report and not something I could access. So your smear has no teeth.
"The researchers said that the unlikeliness of the series of “evolutionary transitions” that led to intelligent life means it is likely to be “exceptionally rare”.

They believe that there is between a 53% and 96% chance that humans are alone in our Milky Way galaxy, Discover magazine reported.

Research earlier this year made it seem a little more likely that humanity might be all alone in the universe after a scan of 10 million stars found not a whisper of alien life."

If evolution is possible why isn't it happening all over the universe?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Only if one wasn't thinking or chose to ignore the overwhelming evidence-- or both.

So, besides dissing biology, now you've decided to diss even basic geology?

gnostic

The Lost One
The assumption that the layers represent time periods is just an assumption...
Layers, wildswanderer?

It is radiometric dating that determine time periods of fossils or the rocks surrounding the fossils.

There are other dating methods to dating rocks or fossils that verify radiometric dating. Have you ever heard of “thermoluminescence” dating?

There are several methods of using thermoluminescence dating, but they all amount to the same result, which is date when any object, like rocks, minerals, fossils were last exposed to direct sunlight, more specifically to ultraviolet.

“Why ultraviolet radiation?” ...you may ask...

Ultraviolet radiation, like x-ray and gamma-ray, move photons (particles) at higher speed, and EM waves have much more energy than the other end of EM spectrum, non-ionizing radiation, eg infrared, radio waves, etc.

Such higher energy will cause objects that are hit by ultraviolet, will cause the objects to lose some particles, like electrons, thereby ionizing object.

If the objects are ionized, and then buried, then thermoluminescence techniques can be used to measure how long ago it have been buried for, like the last time the objects being exposed to ultraviolet radiation.

Thermoluminescence can be used to verify or refute the radiometric methods.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
"The researchers said that the unlikeliness of the series of “evolutionary transitions” that led to intelligent life means it is likely to be “exceptionally rare”.

They believe that there is between a 53% and 96% chance that humans are alone in our Milky Way galaxy, Discover magazine reported.

Research earlier this year made it seem a little more likely that humanity might be all alone in the universe after a scan of 10 million stars found not a whisper of alien life."

If evolution is possible why isn't it happening all over the universe?
I have asked myself this question a million times. If there is no life in the rest of the universe, why is there no evolution seen in the rest of the universe? I can't figure it out. Can you?

If we are alone in the universe, then that means that there is no life to evolve elsewhere.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
What does this mean? All the evidence supports that the geological layers are laid down and formed over time and are correlated with different time periods. Even geologists that are Christian recognize this.
Do you assume that the seasonal processes and conditions we observe today have always been the same?

What about cataclysmic events?
A single event, like a hurricane, can deposit many sedimentary layers at once, for example.