• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Best Male Vocal?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I came across this tune a few weeks ago and it has captured my imagination.
Placedo Domingo is surely a giant in the serious world of Opera, but I have to say I have not heard a song that features such a wonderful, effortless vocal before.

Here is my choice for the Best Male Vocal Award.

Placido Domingo - Malaguena

Now if you can think of anything better than this, I, for one, would love to hear it. So, do your best and try to knock this stunning song from the top of my list.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I always liked Luciano Pavarotti (RIP). For females, I like Charlotte Church, she truly has the voice of an angel.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I don't know too much about this side of music, but my vote for best male vocal (of all time) could only possibly be Mr. Robert Plant.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Uneducated philistine that I am, I'm going to have to plump for Eddie Vedder. It may just that their music uncannily matches his voice, but to me he croons and warbles like a marsh-velum.

Hexaqua_David(II)

This is possibly a bit on the nose, but Pavarotti's performance of Nessun Dorma from Turandot is still one that moves me. Vincerò! I can't link to the youtube video, still being a newbie and all, but just search for Pavarotti and it should be one of the first results.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
The best music that I listen to all the time is
The soundless sound1
The one hand clap!
Love & rgds

n.b. don't mind anyone listening to any kind of music; as the source of all music is one

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Friends,
The best music that I listen to all the time is
The soundless sound1
The one hand clap!
Love & rgds

n.b. don't mind anyone listening to any kind of music; as the source of all music is one
Hehe, my wise friend... and from that silence, I create symphonies of sonic subtleties that cannot be reproduced by instuments. Heck, who needs an iPod?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
For me the best male vocalist was the late Sam Cooke. Unfortunately there is not a YouTube of any of his greatest songs, but here you can hear his voice a little. Please bear in mind the recording limitations of the time:YouTube - Sam Cooke "Blowin' In The Wind"
Another great male vocalist was Paul Robeson, who died long before YouTube.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
And for best female vocalists I nominate two:
1. Aretha Franklin For sheer skills, I think Aretha wipes Placido off the stage. In fact, if you really want to blow your mind, check this out. I dare you to listen to it without crying; I can't.
btw, She was not schedule to sing this aria, and had not studied it. Pavorotti got sick the day of the award, and they asked her to give it a try that day.That's why there's a full classical orchestra and chorus. This song alone justifies the existence of humanity, as far as I'm concerned.
2. the late Patsy Cline.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That is all very well, but the thread title is "The Best Male Vocal?" Last time I looked at 'retha, she was a lady.

Hexaqua_David(II)

Listen to the version of Nessun Dorma that I mentioned. Pavarotti owns that aria forever in my opinion. Nobody blows that last note out with as much power as him (notice how Aretha had to pause for breath halfway through it...) It sends shivers down my spine and I've listened to it, oh, a few thousands times! Just an opinion though.

- David