• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Blessing of the Firstborn

S-word

Next time you quote the Scriptures, it will be a little nicer to mention where it is to be found. I found though. It's in Zechariah 12:10. You quote without understanding what the quotation is all about. That's about the Jews returning from exile in Babylon. Ezra must have told them about Isaiah's Theology of the Messiah ben Joseph versus Messiah ben David. The death of the Suffering Servant Israel to redeem Judah. So, in Jerusalem, the Jews, happy for starting anew in the Land of Israel, were reminded that the price of their happiness had been paid by Israel, the Suffering Servant. Therefore, in their ritual recollections, they would look at him whom they had pierced with their guilt and mourn for him as one mourns for his firstborn. That's the truth about Zechariah 12:10.

Quote...Ben: Next time you quote the Scriptures, it will be a little nicer to mention where it is to be found. I found though. It's in Zechariah 12:10.

S-word: I do realise that you are not really familiar with the scriptures in the Old Testament, so I will remember to quote chapter and verse in the future in order that you might find those passages of scripture that I am referring to.

Quote...Ben: You quote without understanding what the quotation is all about.

S-word: No old mate, it’s you, who not only find it hard to locate the scriptures that one is referring to, but then find it impossible to understand what has been written therein. In the main, the reason why you come up with the unadulterated rubbish as seen below, is because you read only the verse referred to and do not see it in the context in which it was written.

Quote...Ben: That's about the Jews returning from exile in Babylon. Ezra must have told them about Isaiah's Theology of the Messiah ben Joseph versus Messiah ben David. The death of the Suffering Servant Israel to redeem Judah. So, in Jerusalem, the Jews, happy for starting anew in the Land of Israel, were reminded that the price of their happiness had been paid by Israel, the Suffering Servant. Therefore, in their ritual recollections, they would look at him whom they had pierced with their guilt and mourn for him as one mourns for his firstborn. That's the truth about Zechariah 12:10.

S-word:Rejecting your erroneous understanding of Zechariah 12: 10; as seen above, let’s look at Zech 12: 9; the verse which immediately precedes 12: 10; “At that time I will destroy every nation that tries to attack Jerusalem.” What time is this verse referring to? The time when the Lord will destroy every nation who tries to attack Jerusalem, not necessarily attacks, but simply attempts to attack Jerusalem, something which will not happen until the prophecy in Zech 14: 13-20, is fulfilled, which chapters 11, 12, 13 and 14, are leading up to, and that is the time they will look to the Lord and see the one, through whom he revealed himself to the world, His obedient servant who he sent in His name to do and say only that which he was commanded by the Lord; the one that they pieced.

Zech 13: 7; The Lord Almighty says, “Wake up sword, and attack the shepherd who works for me!
To know who that shepherd is, you will have to go back to verse 11 which is in reference to the fall of the Tyrants before the future deliverance of Jerusalem, now read verses 12 to 17.

Now are you beginning to understand? The Lord revealed himself to us in his obedient servant who in Deuteronomy 18: 18; he had promised to raise up from among the Israelites and who another Jew “Peter,” see Acts 2: 19-23, reveals as being Jesus, who was the first to be chosen in the creation of God’s Temple on earth which will replace his old tent (The body of mankind), Jesus the cornerstone to the new species, in which He, the Lord, will dwell on earth among mankind.

After the Jews had paid the lord the majestic wage that they believed the life of his earthly image was worth, the Lord Almighty then said to His flock, see 11: 9, “I will not be your shepherd any longer. Let those die who are to die etc. And He then chose a worthless shepherd and placed him in charge of his flock: a shepherd who would not help the sheep that were threatened with destruction, (Think Hitler) nor search for the lost, or heal those who are hurt, or feed the survivors, but instead he eats the meat of the fattest sheep and tears off their hoofs etc, see Zech 11: 12 to 17.

The time when the Jews will look to the Lord and see the one that they had pierced, See Zechariah 14: 4; Is the time when He will stand on the Mount of Olives and go out to fight those nations which surround Jerusalem as He has fought in times past, and that is from within his chosen people who He will make even the weakest one fight like David fought, and from within the bodies of His peoples enemies he will throw them into utter confusion, and they shall turn their weapons of destruction on their own allies, who eyes and tongues and all soft tissue will melt, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while they are still standing. You’ve gotta read it in the context in which it was written matey.

Anyway Ben, while we’re on the subject of first born, and knowing that Reuben was the first born of Israel, and the first woman that we know about, who Reuben had sex with, was Bilhah, the mother of Dan, who was a concubine of his father and who he raped without her knowledge or consent while she lay naked in her tent in a drunken stupor after a harvest festival ; this act was committed while they were near Ramah on their way to Bethlehem, and it was there that Rachel died in childbirth and Bilhah had to suckle the baby Benjamin who had no milk: can you tell me who was the first born child of Reuben?

Last edited:

Ben Masada

No old mate, it’s you, who not only find it hard to locate the scriptures that one is referring to, but then find it impossible to understand what has been written therein. In the main, the reason why you come up with the unadulterated rubbish as seen below, is because you read only the verse referred to and do not see it in the context in which it was written.

Okay, so let us see what kind of rubbish you have brought this time to throw in my trash can.

Rejecting your erroneous understanding of Zechariah 12: 10; as seen above, let’s look at Zech 12: 9; the verse which immediately precedes 12: 10; “At that time I will destroy every nation that tries to attack Jerusalem.” What time is this verse referring to? The time when the Lord will destroy every nation who tries to attack Jerusalem, not necessarily attacks, but simply attempts to attack Jerusalem, something which will not happen until the prophecy in Zech 14: 13-20, is fulfilled, which chapters 11, 12, 13 and 14, are leading up to, and that is the time they will look to the Lord and see the one, through whom he revealed himself to the world, His obedient servant who he sent in His name to do and say only that which he was commanded by the Lord; the one that they pieced.

See what I mean? Completely wrong. Zechariah 12:9 is a reference to the invasion of Judah by the Assyrians under Sennacherib, and not even a soldier had a chance to shoot a single arrow at Jerusalem, when an angel of the Lord attacked them in their camp outside Jerusalem and struck down 185,000 of them. (2 Kings 19:32-36)

Zech 13: 7; The Lord Almighty says, “Wake up sword, and attack the shepherd who works for me!
To know who that shepherd is, you will have to go back to verse 11 which is in reference to the fall of the Tyrants before the future deliverance of Jerusalem, now read verses 12 to 17.

All prophecies that have been fulfilled. You have been threading old paths pal.

Now are you beginning to understand? The Lord revealed himself to us in his obedient servant who in Deuteronomy 18: 18; he had promised to raise up from among the Israelites

Absolutely nothing to do with Jesus but by assumptions. The obedient servant of Deuteronomy 18:18 was right there in the person of Joshua.

After the Jews had paid the lord the majestic wage that they believed the life of his earthly image was worth, the Lord Almighty then said to His flock, see 11: 9, “I will not be your shepherd any longer. Let those die who are to die etc. And He then chose a worthless shepherd and placed him in charge of his flock: a shepherd who would not help the sheep that were threatened with destruction, (Think Hitler) nor search for the lost, or heal those who are hurt, or feed the survivors, but instead he eats the meat of the fattest sheep and tears off their hoofs etc, see Zech 11: 12 to 17.

Now, you are promoting the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology, but it won't help you. It only makes the readers see how jealous you are of the Jewish People.

The time when the Jews will look to the Lord and see the one that they had pierced.

We did not pierce Jesus. This is an antisemitic false accusation by anti-Semites whose aim is to transfer the blame on the death of Jesus from the Romans unto the Jews.

Anyway Ben, while we’re on the subject of first born, and knowing that Reuben was the first born of Israel, and the first woman that we know about, who Reuben had sex with, was Bilhah, the mother of Dan, who was a concubine of his father and who he raped without her knowledge or consent while she lay naked in her tent in a drunken stupor after a harvest festival ; this act was committed while they were near Ramah on their way to Bethlehem, and it was there that Rachel died in childbirth and Bilhah had to suckle the baby Benjamin who had no milk: can you tell me who was the first born child of Reuben?

First, you give me the proper quotations for this fantastic story of Bilhah being raped while she was in a stupor after a harvest festival. Then, I don't understand why should Reuben's firstborn be so important even to mention. The Biblical importance of firstborn ended with Ephraim and Judah for the determination of Messiah ben Joseph and Messiah ben David. Afterwards, it ceased being Biblical to become just a matter of family custom.

Last edited: