• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Book of Mormon" vs. Charlie Hebdo

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Earlier in this thread, you said that I "seem like a nice person, quite cogent [and] reasonable." You also said that you "respect [me] as an individual." You've got a mighty unconventional way of showing that respect. I have honestly done my best to be civil in my responses to you, but at this point, I'm afraid there's really no need for me to continue to engage in this dialogue. Maybe someone else will be interested in taking over where I'm leaving off.
I'm considering throwing him on ignore.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Guys, aren't you (again) confusing people with religions? It sounds like a form of generalization to me.

Last edited:

gsa

Earlier in this thread, you said that I "seem like a nice person, quite cogent [and] reasonable." You also said that you "respect [me] as an individual." You've got a mighty unconventional way of showing that respect. I have honestly done my best to be civil in my responses to you, but at this point, I'm afraid there's really no need for me to continue to engage in this dialogue. Maybe someone else will be interested in taking over where I'm leaving off.

This simply demonstrates the impasse. To me, you are asking for respect for a form of belief, an institutionalized one at that, that opposes my own civil rights at every turn. And you would ask me and others to show that institution respect? Asking for tolerance is about the best you can reasonably hope for.

I respect you as a human being, one that has inherent worth. But your church and its beliefs? I extend no such respect. And it is the same for all of the others. I am sorry that you do not see the difference, but that is on you.

one.luv

I could never accept Mormon religion as a native american. Its hateful towards natives and says we are cursed because we aren't white. The doctrines have changed some since their original views but it still does not change the fact that Mormons originally taught that blacks n native Americans were cursed because our skin was darker then white skin. That's just ridiculous.