• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Causes of War

What are the three main causes of war

• Religious differences

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Resources

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Political differences

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Ethnical differences

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Philosophical differences

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Fear

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Unsound alliances

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monetary incentives (outside resorces)

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Some conspiracy (please specify)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

We Never Know

No Slack
Interesting. So, the chimpanzees and the gorillas are sharing a habitat with a limited food supply. If put under enough duress, I suppose any animal will reach the breaking point, including humans.

They, other species do it for survival.
We humans do it just because we can.
That of course is my opinion.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
They, other species do it for survival.
We humans do it just because we can.
That of course is my opinion.

I think of George Carlin's words on the subject:

"It’s one of these things we tell ourselves so we’ll feel noble. Life is sacred. Makes you feel noble. Well let me ask you this: if everything that ever lived is dead, and everything alive is gonna die, where does the sacred part come in? I’m having trouble with that. ‘Cuz, I mean, even with all this stuff we preach about the sanctity of life, we don’t practice it. We don’t practice it. Look at what we’d kill: Mosquitoes and flies. ‘Cause they’re pests. Lions and tigers. ‘Cause it’s fun! Chickens and pigs. ‘Cause we’re hungry. Pheasants and quails. ‘Cause it’s fun. And we’re hungry. And people. We kill people… ‘Cause they’re pests. And it’s fun!"

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It seems to me that major causes of recent wars have been revenge, nationalism and territorial disagreements.

But...apparently...if you see South Tyrol, where Germans and Italians have been coexisting for decades, peacefully...
you understand that those "wars about nationalism and territorial disagreements" are just expedients to cover up greed for resources.

Considering Ukrainians and Russians are almost the same people. Think about it. Nationalism is a cover.