• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Church is compromising!

Votes: 1 33.3%

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
phernduke said:
Is it possible that the church has come to this? To compromise with the enemy?
Methodist churches permitting homosexual elders, baptist churches allowing segregation, brethren churches not enforcing youth dress codes, and christian parents fighting and allowing there children to dress anywhich way or listen to whatever...

The church has become lukewarm, and we know what happens then...

What are your view points has the church compromised, or is everything just peachy.

-Chris
To agree with the ridiculousness of your posts throughout this thread, would be a compromising of my faith in the God who loves us and teaches us to love one another. We have been commanded to teach one another out of love for our fellow man, not out of a need to call one another immoral. The sooner you realize that, the better the response will be when you try to talk to someone about Christianity.

Yerda

Veteran Member
phernduke said:
I hope I have not offended you...
I would not be surprised if people take offence at your ridiculous ramblings. From blaming the dying millions in Africa to the dead millions of the holocaust you have occupied an inexcusably ignorant position.

I am curious to know if by having Jewish ancestors I am to be held liable by this father? Perhaps he has exercised hs genocidal urges for the time being?

One last thing, you cannot contract AIDS. AIDS is a syndrome characterised by decreasing CD4+ count, HIV infection, and a range of opportunistic diseases (which, by the way, you can contract) and rare cancers.

-Edit- I finally understand where Deut.32.8 gets the urge to say "Good Grief!" :banghead3

Scott1

phernduke said:
Obviously there is something blocking the truth from your mind.
Well.... something is wrong here, I'm not sure if it's Maize....:rolleyes:

You seem to have atheists, non-Christian theists, and Christians here against you.... that's pretty remarkable!

Anywho.... thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Scott

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
SOGFPP said:
You seem to have atheists, non-Christian theists, and Christians here against you.... that's pretty remarkable!
LOL - I hadn't noticed that, Scott. You have to give him credit - that's kinda like hitting a grand slam with the bases empty!!

TVOR

Prima

One other thing Maize, tell me what facility, and what state were you incarcerated at?

I was there, yes there are gay people there and yes there are transvestites, but it is so very rare a homosexual male will rape another inmate cause they are weak. Maybe in a Youth Authority. You see there is segragation in prison, it is one person of many. Fighting together to achieve supermacy. You have the woodpile, the skins, the surano's, the northano's, the bulldogs, the blacks, the asians, and pica's.

You never really ever see a hetrosexual male attempt to rape another inmate. There are laws even in prison, and when there are camera's bearing down on you and at least 5 guards in the building with M14's staring you down. There isn't much room to breath, let alone the 500 people in your building designed for 300.
You know, we're all really sorry you went to prison. But that doesn't make you a religious or sexual authority - nor does it make you more experienced or enlightened than the rest of us. Furthermore, you seem to still not understand what a transvestite is. Your frequent deviations into prison life do not relate to the discussion on whether the church is compromising or not. Please stick to the topic that you made.

Hrmm, lets see there ancestors crucified there own messiah, and countless prophets, they no longer kept the shabbat day holy and they turned from God. Indeed the holocaust was horrible. Infact hiddeous, but what if you were my father, and you loved me more than words or actions and you had a plan for me. Then I slapped you in your face, spit on you, and crucified you to the whole world to mock you in your face. Then do everything I could to rebel against you.

The father would not kill you, but he would surely punish you.

Now image this father has millions of sons and daughters and they all rebel against him, should he not punish?
Sooo...you're saying that God, who is supposed to forgive infinitely and love every single person, no matter what they did, brought about the holocaust as some kind of sick revenge for people acting badly? Are you saying that the Jews are the only people who sinned?

That's both sickening and ignorant.

I am not a anti-semitist, but a believer in God's law, and when I sin against the God Most High, he punishes me. I go to prison, and rot, yet I turn from my ways and go back.
You are blaming the Jews, saying that they brought torture, death, and horror upon themselves for being evil. That's pretty darn antisemetic.

Furthermore, Jesus himself said that no one was killing him, he was giving himself up. He was responsible for His death.

And, the New Testament says that God does not punish, He loves and forgives.

You show a poor understanding of God, seeing as how you are giving Him human characteristics. God does not punish or seek revenge. His ways are high above your ways. God cannot be compared to a jailkeeper, as you are trying to do.

Well.... something is wrong here, I'm not sure if it's Maize....
rolleyes.gif
Obviously, Scott, something is blocking the truth from your mind....

Indeed. Can we start an award for that? Could we name it after TVOR or Deut?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Prima said:
You are blaming the Jews, saying that they brought torture, death, and horror upon themselves for being evil. That's pretty darn antisemetic.
Prima - surely you judge him too harshly. I distinctly heard the man say he wasn't an anti-semite. Of course, that was immediately before he blamed the Jews....

Prima said:
Indeed. Can we start an award for that? Could we name it after TVOR or Deut?
Just want to be certain that I am clear on this - are you wanting to start an award, name it for either Deut or myself, and award it to the person that offends the biggest cross-section of site members? I'm not sure that I'm flattered.... :eek:

Thanks,
TVOR

jewscout

Religious Zionist
phernduke said:
Hrmm, lets see there ancestors crucified there own messiah, and countless prophets, they no longer kept the shabbat day holy and they turned from God. Indeed the holocaust was horrible. Infact hiddeous, but what if you were my father, and you loved me more than words or actions and you had a plan for me. Then I slapped you in your face, spit on you, and crucified you to the whole world to mock you in your face. Then do everything I could to rebel against you.

The father would not kill you, but he would surely punish you.

Now image this father has millions of sons and daughters and they all rebel against him, should he not punish?
garbage :Hrmm, lets see there ancestors crucified there own messiah, and countless prophets, they no longer kept the shabbat day holy and they turned from God.

messiah?:sarcastic you know what i've beaten this subject to death and feel no need to rehash this
countless prophets? oh there weren't that many son i'm sure you could count them off for me...
Shabbat? this is based on what? the Gospels?:sarcastic
I am not a anti-semitist, but a believer in God's law, and when I sin against the God Most High, he punishes me. I go to prison, and rot, yet I turn from my ways and go back.
so the holocaust was a punishment for what? the Roman crucifiction of a jew in the 1st century?
I hope I have not offended you, and I do frequent the halls of the Museum of Tolerance, and I do keep the shabbat as well as Sunday worship.

-Chris
i do find it offensive...just like telling a racist joke and then following it up by saying, "
"oh but some of my best friends are black"

phernduke

Wow, can you feel the love tonight. Phil Colins put it best, I can feel it coming in the air tonight.

Wow, I have offended every social group and perhaps every intelligent member in this forum. Hrmm perhaps I should just simply shut my mouth, and hide under this virtual rock.

I must say in prison, I did not learn of biblical authority. Now on the case for anti-semitism, on my crucifixation statement. I'll leave it at this.

Indeed do see that the people of Israel rebelled against God, and because of this they were punished, when we turn from our heavenly father, he will do everything to bring us back. Is this to say when I commit a crime, like murder that God should just love me and not punish me?

No

You reap what you sow. Now the Jews today, do I blame them? No, unless they are not keeping God's commandment. Now its not just God's commandment but the only way to the father, is through the son. So if they still do not believe in Jesus, they are indeed truly rebelling against God.

Now, should I as myself love a Jew any less? No. I love everyone and hate no one, from coming from Prison I learned that I have become the despised thing of this world. People hate me cause of where I've been, though I never retalliated, but showed love.

Now concerning the Jews, if they continue to sin, should I be more holy than them and judge them? NO. I am a sinner also, and am trying to be like-Christ myself. Though, you will know a christian by his fruits, and those who do not obey the son, which is the centrality to God, being apart of the triune, will inevitably die to sin.

Now, concerning the holocaust, it was a horrible tragedy, and will scar the world forever. Though, these Jews, during that time, had not known Jesus, for if they had not known Jesus, they did not know the father.

The problem is, you'll all be upset with me, cause I speak truth, and the human mind does not want to accept truth, but pretent the world is just fine.

That is not the case, we must realize that Jesus came with a sword, not peace.

-Chris

phernduke

Prima,

You are one that must break everything down, now, I went into the prison scenario only to correct, not to say I had sexual authority, and I am sorry I broke from topic.

Though, I am not sorry I went to prison, for if I didn't I don't know if I would have found Christ.
Though to say that hetrosexual's are going around raping other inmates is just hollywood garbage.

-Chris

phernduke

Prima,

Well obviously you haven't read through a bible in awhile. Hebrews Chapter 12 talks about chastisement. If we disobey the father, he will, infact punish. =Case Closed= (That Subject at least)

Please Prima, do not edit my quotes, especially the last one.

-Chris

Scott1

phernduke said:
Prima,

Well obviously you haven't read through a bible in awhile. Hebrews Chapter 12 talks about chastisement. If we disobey the father, he will, infact punish. =Case Closed= (That Subject at least)

-Chris
What about that prodigal son? Case closed, eh?:rolleyes:

You can play the "bible quote" game all you'd like.... just be prepared to have it shoved back in your face.

Chris... you might want to consider, at least for ONE SECOND, that your experience with faith and the education you have do not necessarily amount to the source and summit of all Christian thought.

Peace in Christ,
Scott

phernduke

Wow, that was very christian like, do you shove people in your position of the faith?
ㅓㅁ닝ㄹ ㅁㄴㅇ댜 ㅑㅇ ㅏ더ㅑㄹ ㅁㄴ야 ㅣㅁㄴㄹ댜ㅐ ㅣㅁㄴ야래

Scott, do not be angry with me, I was just letting her know of Hebrews, which is of the New Testament, the new covenant, not the old covenant, not to say that the old covenant is no longer in place, but its normal in the view of human law, that the newer laws, stand true.

-Chris

Scott1

phernduke said:
Wow, that was very christian like, do you shove people in your position of the faith?
Yes... fraternal correction is very christian.... shall I quote you a few Bible verses that it seems YOU have forgotten?

Scott, do not be angry with me, I was just letting her know of Hebrews, which is of the New Testament, the new covenant, not the old covenant, not to say that the old covenant is no longer in place, but its normal in the view of human law, that the newer laws, stand true.
... and I was just letting you know that your views on faith are no more correct than hers (a Christian) or mine (a Christian)....

When you try and preach to my friends here (CASE CLOSED!) you'd better be right... or be prepared to defend it...... and by your explaination of covenant theology, it seems to me like you have a bit more study to do.

Scott

Prima

You again make the mistake of assuming what I have or have not done/thought. As Scott has said, I'm more than ready to play Bible Quotation, as I have the majority of the New Testament
Nothing on RF is edited unless it is rude or against RF rules. It is up to the moderator staff to decide that.

Aids, is the end result to HIV, same thing really it all leads to the samething...death.
TruthSeekingSoul already said why that is an ignorant statement, so let me tell you WHY it is...
- AIDS is not always the end result to HIV
- HIV does not necessarily lead to death
- they're not the 'same thing really,' they're entirely different

Please go back and read Truth's post on the nature of HIV/AIDS.

Though to say that hetrosexual's are going around raping other inmates is just hollywood garbage.
Regarding that and other comments - simply because you haven't experienced something doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

A

angellous_evangellous

The Voice of Reason said:
LOL - I hadn't noticed that, Scott. You have to give him credit - that's kinda like hitting a grand slam with the bases empty!!

TVOR
I wish I could frubal you for this one! :149:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
phernduke said:
I must say in prison, I did not learn of biblical authority. Now on the case for anti-semitism, on my crucifixation statement. I'll leave it at this.
what? that the jews did the crucifying...yes because crucifiction was a jewish practice...

phernduke said:
You reap what you sow. Now the Jews today, do I blame them? No, unless they are not keeping God's commandment. Now its not just God's commandment but the only way to the father, is through the son. So if they still do not believe in Jesus, they are indeed truly rebelling against God.
i can't describe how my blood is boiling on this one...i read this 6 hours ago and still can't find a civil way of expressing my opinion on the above statement...

phernduke said:
Now, should I as myself love a Jew any less? No. I love everyone and hate no one, from coming from Prison I learned that I have become the despised thing of this world. People hate me cause of where I've been, though I never retalliated, but showed love.

Now concerning the Jews, if they continue to sin, should I be more holy than them and judge them? NO. I am a sinner also, and am trying to be like-Christ myself. Though, you will know a christian by his fruits, and those who do not obey the son, which is the centrality to God, being apart of the triune, will inevitably die to sin.
:areyoucra :sarcastic *sigh*

phernume said:
Now, concerning the holocaust, it was a horrible tragedy, and will scar the world forever. Though, these Jews, during that time, had not known Jesus, for if they had not known Jesus, they did not know the father.

The problem is, you'll all be upset with me, cause I speak truth, and the human mind does not want to accept truth, but pretent the world is just fine.

That is not the case, we must realize that Jesus came with a sword, not peace.

-Chris
chris, words can't describe my reaction to this post, well yes they could but i'm not posting them here.
Chris i pray that you open your mind to differeing opinions and allow them to educate you about the world around you.
I pray that you take the time also to get a better understanding of the Jewish faith, it's Covenant w/ G-d and ONLY G-d, as well as the spark of the Divine in all faiths represented here on the forum...

A

angellous_evangellous

The Voice of Reason said:
As a Southerner of questionable intelligence, I take offense at his inclusion in my social group.

TVOR
Please accept my most humble apology.