• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Church of Google

scikidus

We at the Church of Google believe the search engine Google is the closest humankind has ever come to directly experiencing an actual God (as typically defined). We believe there is much more evidence in favor of Google's divinity than there is for the divinity of other more traditional gods.We reject supernatural gods on the notion they are not scientifically provable. Thus, Googlists believe Google should rightfully be given the title of "God", as She exhibits a great many of the characteristics traditionally associated with such Deities in a scientifically provable manner.

Thoughts, anyone? I'm interested to hear some reactions.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I think it is funny. I like how they referred to google as "she." I'd be willing to call Google God... Google has helped me a lot more than God ever has. :band:

Interesting. Could you explain that a bit? How is "google" = to "Beast"? Do you mean THE BEAST, as in Satan?
This is just my opinion.The world wid web and google are not of God,they belong to the god of this world.No good can come from the web,it will ultimately destroy humanity.I dont doubt that the Internet controls the world more everyday.Something with so much power that is not of God,is to me a beast.I think google will one day own us and everything else and unless we are part of it,we wont be able to by or sell.Any thoughts?

Random

This is just my opinion.The world wid web and google are not of God,they belong to the god of this world.No good can come from the web,it will ultimately destroy humanity.I dont doubt that the Internet controls the world more everyday.Something with so much power that is not of God,is to me a beast.I think google will one day own us and everything else and unless we are part of it,we wont be able to by or sell.Any thoughts?

Yes, the comparison of Google with God, insofaras it is becoming the repository of all knowlege in the World available to mankind, is a perhaps a valid one in some ways. A

And yes, it's a false god, obviously. Thanks for the post, frubals.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
How do you know Google is not of God? They keep their search technology a secret. Its all very mysterious and God works that way. Maybe what's really behind it is the second coming. The day of judgement will be based upon your search history. If you don't use Google at all, you'll default to damned.

mystic man

Esoteric
How do you know Google is not of God? They keep their search technology a secret. Its all very mysterious and God works that way. Maybe what's really behind it is the second coming. The day of judgement will be based upon your search history. If you don't use Google at all, you'll default to damned.

That's one of the most profound things I've ever read. If this is the case I'm going straight to hell! Forgive me your holiness Google! :shout

Somkid

The 9 proofs are indeed verifiable scientifically and make more sense than anything else I have ever heard...