• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Concept of the Trinity

may

Mujahid Mohammed said:
? , is this verse to prove that there is no trinity and affirming your position that the trinity is baseless.

I would however love for any of the believers of the trinity to give me some of your insight pertaining to my questions above about the understanding of the trinity within the context of the verses of the bible I pointed out.
Not only the trinity but HELLFIRE DOCTRINE, PURGUTORTY, and many other teachings not based on Jesus teachings, slowly and surely the congregation became pulluted, but the bible tells us that Jesus expected this pullution to happen.
Soon after the death of the apostles, apostate teachers from within the congregation began to take control of it. They spoke "twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves." (Acts 20:29, 30) As a result, many Christians ‘fell away from the faith.’ They were "turned aside to false stories."—1 Timothy 4:1-3; 2 Timothy 4:3, 4. the illustration of the wheat and the weeds is good,
Matthew 13:24-30

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Nordicßearskin said:

Why does that change if one uses scripture to buttress one's argument? Surely even if God herself directly penned the bible (a belief I don't hold), it's message(s) has been translated into an earthly form, or any understanding of it would be beyond us, and such understandings are filtered through our own equally-earthly perspectives? Or have I got something wrong along the way?

God inspired the mind of earthly men to say exactly what he wanted us to hear so nothing was lost, God created man and knows perfectly well how to make Himself understood to them. The confusion only begins when people don't accept the message and begin to interpret (or reinterptet) what it might mean and reject it's primary meaning. You can interpret what else it might mean but it must not contradict the primary meaning which is easlily discernable in most cases. There is no filtering involved, God condescends to our level when He speaks in scripture and uses earthly vessels to convey the message.

Remember Eve found a more appealing interpretation of what God said from the lips of the serpent.

Mujahid Mohammed

*Paul* said:
Nordicßearskin said:

God inspired the mind of earthly men to say exactly what he wanted us to hear so nothing was lost, God created man and knows perfectly well how to make Himself understood to them.
Yet none have yet to explain the trinity within the context of the bible.

The confusion only begins when people don't accept the message and begin to interpret (or reinterptet) what it might mean and reject it's primary meaning. You can interpret what else it might mean but it must not contradict the primary meaning which is easlily discernable in most cases. There is no filtering involved, God condescends to our level when He speaks in scripture and uses earthly vessels to convey the message.
Remember Eve found a more appealing interpretation of what God said from the lips of the serpent.
so who's interpretation is more valid according to your understanding and what do you know the reason for their being more valid and is there proof of them being more valid you know like Jesus or God giving them the authority or they are the original intepreters of the text and their's should be accepted and anyone after them is a heretic or something.

Not trying to fight I just want to know how does one know the correct interpretation.

kaysquared89

okay..so I understand the whole idea of the trinity and I do firmlly believe in it,but I was just wondering about what you guys think as to what the holy spirit is exactly.
I mean it is so easy to picture The Father as God, The Son asn Jesus Christ (God in the form of man)...but the Holy Spirit is always so sketchy with people...I mean, yes, it is the gift of God that you recieve during Baptism...but how do you go about describing that gift to others?
I guess I have always just thought that the Holy Spirit means different things to different people...so I want to know what it means to you.