• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The creed of scientology

Rex

Founder
We of the Church believe:

That all men of whatever race, color or creed were created with equal rights;

That all men have inalienable rights to their own religious practices and their performance;

That all men have inalienable rights to their own lives;

That all men have inalienable rights to their sanity;

That all men have inalienable rights to their own defense;

That all men have inalienable rights to conceive, choose, assist or support their own organizations, churches and governments;

That all men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others;

That all men have inalienable rights to the creation of their own kind;

That the souls of men have the rights of men;

Rex

Founder
I think its the plural sense of MAN they are going after. Like all "mankind"

lol

Fredx10

I think the first line should read:
That all men of whatever race, color, creed or gender were created with equal rights.

capslockf9

A simple explanation:
"ten thousand years ago lived two brothers. One took his family and migrated to other parts of the world. Generations in that particular place on earth caused skin pigmentation to adjust." (Sun light energy is allowed into the human orginism in measured amount; thus skin color.) "So the brothers skin color changed . He did not become another race." We have diferent skin colors, creeds, and body shapes but there no such thing as a different race.

kadzbiz

"That all men have inalienable rights to conceive, choose, assist or support their own organizations, churches and governments; "

Except a Communist based one.

I believe that there are many people who should not have the right to conceive. I have met many that did nothing but corrupt, damage or destroy their children.

capslockf9

I believe that there are many people who should not have the right to conceive. I have met many that did nothing but corrupt, damage or destroy their children.

As individuals they will procreate. And not to much harm can come to the world.
But as national mentality the devastation is reprehensible. They will send children of to war to prevent high fuel prices, possession of material goods is paramount to slave factories, a one dollar hamburger will supercede fair trade practices, manifest destiny will trump all of other "Gods" children, release of CO2 into the atmosphere is not their problem, it is more important to sieze oil field then to fix infra-stucture such as dikes, bridges, rolling blackouts,dams, etc..
A profound transformation of support in certian churches, government, and organizations is called for.

rojse

RF Addict
All of the rights sound good, but I have a couple of questions.

Where is all the stuff in the charter that the Church of Scientology is maligned for, such as their stance against drugs and so forth?

How come there is no reference to the ideals of the religion itself within the charter?

wednesday

Jesus
I have a similiar question, why is scientology looked down upon and so feircly condemned by other faiths? Their beliefs are just as valid and just as probable as any other religion arent they?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I have a similiar question, why is scientology looked down upon and so feircly condemned by other faiths? Their beliefs are just as valid and just as probable as any other religion arent they?

The OP tells us little about them as a religion.
Their beliefs as listed could equally apply to a business or club.
There is no mention of a God or Faith. or any of those things usually associated with a religion.

wednesday

Jesus
^ Then why condemn it so hardshly. Forgive my ignorance, but all i seem to see is the Church has said this about scientology and on it goes. What is the point? Is it like trying to supress a cult or something?

adthelad

Simply - Scientology isn't looked down upon or condemned by other faiths. In fact there are countless reports of ministers from other religions saying how much respect they have for Scientology as a religion that practices tolerance and harmony among faiths and also praise for the good work we do in society. Unfortunately that kind of thing doesn't get much space in national newspapers.

The vast majority of people who have come into contact with Scientology realise that it is something positive and useful. Anti-social people attack anything that empowers people. Whenever you see someone attacking Scientology (or other religious beliefs for that matter) spend a little time making your own estimate of how positive that person is.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Simply - Scientology isn't looked down upon or condemned by other faiths. In fact there are countless reports of ministers from other religions saying how much respect they have for Scientology as a religion that practices tolerance and harmony among faiths and also praise for the good work we do in society. Unfortunately that kind of thing doesn't get much space in national newspapers.

The vast majority of people who have come into contact with Scientology realise that it is something positive and useful. Anti-social people attack anything that empowers people. Whenever you see someone attacking Scientology (or other religious beliefs for that matter) spend a little time making your own estimate of how positive that person is.

Maybe support for scientology doesn't get much attention, but I think it's partly due to the nature of the religion. For one thing, it's relatively new, which is to say, less than a century old. For another thing, it seems to me that Scientology is very secretive. From what I've just read in the intro, there are even parts that are secrets to most members of the church, let alone anyone else.

Also, the people who promote the religion publicly promote many of the stranger views more loudly. For instance, Tom Cruise. I find it hard to believe that even scientologists can deny the craziness of his behavior in public over the last few years. The way he acts, and the things he says are the majority of what most people know about Scientology, and so it turns them off.

Essentially, a lot of people, in my opinion, see it as some kind of massive cult, especially considering the fact that they put out lists of their "best" members by how much they've given over the past year.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
They condemn the corporate aspects of it. Scientology functions more like a a corporation than a church