• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The dishonesty of creationists.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
PAINTED WOLF i HAVE A LAST WORD FOR YOU...!

OK........

If you say so; however, everything relative to the explained evidence throughout all efforts HERE ON THESE POSTING BOARDS comes from OTHER people who have a much deeper KIND OF hold and understanding on many of the subject matters you yourself and others have stated and also used bash my postings here, from the start. I simply called attention to recorded historical records, one can find but you folks can't seem to research it for yourselves.

But, I'll take your so called "warnings" to heart here and here is mine: I leave and let you folks go all about your own more often angury and confused ways, through life...? It's your choices, just as my choices are all mine. that you or no other person here can bash me over...!

To be honest, of all of my travels around the world I found you folks are perhaps the absolute most self centered and most unsocialized people I think I have ever come in contact with, But I do have to say this in the favor of the majority of the people here, many here are very good (better than me) at bashing people's belief system, using with your unfounded understandings and weaken belief system; and the major portion of this board is better than me at judging others, although wrongly...!

Good lock........!
BY from...............................! :cool:
THE CUP
I wonder what "you folks" you're talking about. :shrug:

I was trying to do you a favor so you wouldn't get banned...

wa:do

outhouse

Atheistically
that you or no other person here can bash me over...!

past popes have backed evolution, and would have disagreed with you and would have directed you to the closest biology class for simple instructions to fix the errors of your ways

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Painted Wolf...

I wasn't actually talking directly at you, however, I entened no wrong posting clear recorded findings from authenticated people who knows more than most here concerning Human Evolutionism.

But look at how it was taken read the rest of the board here and you can see the anger and discontentment in most all of the posters here. They are not going to allow anyone else to come in between their pagen driven beliefs (take a good look at Shroom and Outhouse for example.

I have much better things to do other than get put down by every word I speak.

so I am getting out of this while I still have some humanity left. But, I do admit, there are a few in these postings I find good to talk to...however the goods here do not out do the bads; so BY
Well, don't let them make you discount evolution just because you don't like their attitudes.

I'm not an expert on Human Evolution (I've only got my Bachelors) but, I know enough of the basics to have a decent understanding of the subject.

I know enough to caution you about some of your sources... They may seem like godly men, but deception often cloaks itself in righteousness.

ps... I'm also a theist and I can speak first hand to the compatibility of faith in God and acceptance of scientific knowledge.

Looncall

Atoms are theoretical models and the way they behave is all based on math.... no one has ever seen one. :D

Actually, there are devices that image them. It is called an atomic force microscope.
I saw an image in which atoms had been shoved around to spell a word.

secret2

Actually, there are devices that image them. It is called an atomic force microscope.
I saw an image in which atoms had been shoved around to spell a word.

That's beyond the point. The million dollar argument is that "I have not seen them with my bare eyes" :)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Ah, bare eyes. OK. There are lots of things that we cannot access with bare senses, but they exist all the same.
Exactly... and even with the most powerful scope, we still can't see any detail about the atom. Which is why we have so many theoretical models of what they look like (ie. electron cloud model).

Yet today we all accept the existence of them. Creationists don't bother with the existence of atoms anymore (unless it's relation to YEC).

Looncall

Exactly... and even with the most powerful scope, we still can't see any detail about the atom. Which is why we have so many theoretical models of what they look like (ie. electron cloud model).

Yet today we all accept the existence of them. Creationists don't bother with the existence of atoms anymore (unless it's relation to YEC).

As a chemist, i would be interested to hear of these different models. I have been under the impression that atoms are pretty well understood. I seem to remember doing lots of pretty accurate calculations about them as an undergrad almost 40 years ago.

outhouse

Atheistically
All I know is that atoms are almost complete empty space, the actual particals are so small.

and weak force of passing neutrinos has little effect on them.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
As a chemist, i would be interested to hear of these different models. I have been under the impression that atoms are pretty well understood. I seem to remember doing lots of pretty accurate calculations about them as an undergrad almost 40 years ago.
You've never heard of the Rutherford, Thomson, Bohr or Electron Cloud models for atoms?

bohr.gif

atom-quantum.jpg

exp-rutherford-3.jpg

Thomson's model is also called the "plum pudding" model... which is just cute.

All of them allow for accurate predictions... that's why they are all still in use. But the actual totally fun reality of atoms is that they don't actually seem to fit any of the models exclusively.

Looncall

You've never heard of the Rutherford, Thomson, Bohr or Electron Cloud models for atoms?

bohr.gif

atom-quantum.jpg

exp-rutherford-3.jpg

Thomson's model is also called the "plum pudding" model... which is just cute.

All of them allow for accurate predictions... that's why they are all still in use. But the actual totally fun reality of atoms is that they don't actually seem to fit any of the models exclusively.

There is some nice history here, but all still in use? Can you steer us to some current examples?

I do recognize the Rutherford description, which is only really concerned with the scale of the nucleus, and the diagram with the orbitals is familiar.

secret2

In a sense there is no 'correct' atomic model (disclaimer: not promoting academic wishy-washyism). An atom doesn't 'look' like any of those...supposing that quantum mechanics is right, it's just a bunch of wavefunctions (or vectors in some abstract space) that give you certain results depending on what measurements/experiments you perform on it.

David M

Painted Wolf...

I wasn't actually talking directly at you, however, I entened no wrong posting clear recorded findings from authenticated people who knows more than most here concerning Human Evolutionism.

And by not attributing the statements to their actual authors you have committed plagiarism, which is against the rules of the forum.

I suggest that you edit you post to properly show the original authors for any statements not made by yourself.