• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The End of the Father

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
You've missed the point of the thread: please don't insult me and the others who've responded kindly by denigrating it.

Actually, I didn't miss the point. However it's been my experience that most people don't see God in the way you've presented. People can't let go of a concept they didn't believe in the first.

Jeremiah

But psychologically, isn't it important for the human race @ this juncture to let go of the repressive, authoritarian Father-GOD figure and embrance the uncertainity of self-sufficiency (for want of a better term for it...)?

This "authoritarian father-God" contributes much to the ethical and moral structure of some of the most influential cultures/societies.

I do not think America would be a liberal democracy without the moral guidance of Christianity.

We still need our churches and maybe we always will.