• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the fastest spreading religion in the world

Wannabe Yogi

Not the case at all. and even if it was, whats worng with that?

I think people bred like rabbits do to being poor and uneducated. The problem with having lots of children is that it creates human suffering. If a family is poor it's harder to feed their children. Also there are just to many people on this planet. Many believe at the present rate of growth it won't be long till we will reach the breaking point.

Not the case at all. and even if it was, whats worng with that? how would that be handled when the non-muslims are graciously leaping towards creational bankruptcy by adpoting homosexuality?

>Muslims are Not afraid to inhabit the world.

>Non-muslims are un-knowigly providing a lot of room for that habitation. Food for thought.

I think if anything, Muslims need to start accepting homosexuality as something real and unchangeable. There are (this is going by statistics of 10% population gay) about 100 Million gay Muslims? IDk my math isn't good. But this is a very real thing.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Yassin, Forum rule require you to source and link your copy and pastes.

7. Plagiarism
Plagiarism is illegal and never permitted. To quote another author you must always identify the Title, Author, and Publisher. You may insert a short paragraph or one or two sentences from it into your post, showing a link to the source. When using material in this way, you must indicate the significance of the material in your own words. Posts that just show a link and source material will be removed. This rule will be enforced with in our understanding of intellectual property rights and fair use.
Forum Rules

yassin

Yassin, Forum rule require you to source and link your copy and pastes.

7. Plagiarism
Plagiarism is illegal and never permitted. To quote another author you must always identify the Title, Author, and Publisher. You may insert a short paragraph or one or two sentences from it into your post, showing a link to the source. When using material in this way, you must indicate the significance of the material in your own words. Posts that just show a link and source material will be removed. This rule will be enforced with in our understanding of intellectual property rights and fair use.
Forum Rules
you are right (Plagiarism is illegal and never permitted )and i'll tell you the source if you want.But i write it paragraph by paragraph to debate and discuss.And to keep it active.
Is there any problem with that??

Smoke

Done here.
I think people bred like rabbits do to being poor and uneducated. The problem with having lots of children is that it creates human suffering. If a family is poor it's harder to feed their children.
And if the family is not poor, their children use a far greater share of the resources available. If you have ten or twelve or fifteen children and they all drive cars, take airplane trips, and live in heated and air-conditioned homes with modern appliances and electronics, your children are a far greater drain on world resources than the ten or twelve or fifteen children of subsistence farmer in a poor country, even without taking into account the smaller likelihood of all that farmer's children living to adulthood.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Is there any problem with that??

Yes, there is a problem with it. First off, you must always show source. Not "if we want", but you must always do it.

The rule says if you're going to use something, you should use only a little piece. The rule says, "You may insert a short paragraph or one or two sentences from it into your post, showing a link to the source. When using material in this way, you must indicate the significance of the material in your own words."

Hope this helps. :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Although there are large waves, strong currents, and tides in these seas, they do not mix or transgress this barrier.
The Holy Quran mentioned that there is a barrier between two seas that meet and that they do not transgress. God has said:
( He has set free the two seas meeting together. There is a barrier between them. They do not transgress. ) (Quran, 55:19-20)
So no water moves between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean?

BTW - why should we assume that when a book that originated on the Arabian peninsula talks about "the two seas", this means the Atlantic and the Mediterranean?

Why not take "the two seas" as the Red Sea and the Mediterranean? They're in the right area of the world and there is a "barrier" between them. The only reason I can see why not to is because it has inconvenient implications: it would imply that God's will could be thwarted by a bunch of 19th-Century French engineers.

But when the Quran speaks about the divider between fresh and salt water, it mentions the existence of “a forbidding partition” with the barrier. God has said in the Quran:
( He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter. And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition. ) (Quran, 25:53)
One may ask, why did the Quran mention the partition when speaking about the divider between fresh and salt water, but did not mention it when speaking about the divider between the two seas?
Modern science has discovered that in estuaries, where fresh (sweet) and salt water meet, the situation is somewhat different from what is found in places where two seas meet. It has been discovered that what distinguishes fresh water from salt water in estuaries is a “pycnocline zone with a marked density discontinuity separating the two layers.”3 This partition (zone of separation) has a different salinity from the fresh water and from the salt water4 (see figure 14).

Figure 14: Longitudinal section showing salinity (parts per thousand ‰) in an estuary. We can see here the partition (zone of separation) between the fresh and the salt water. (Introductory Oceanography, Thurman, p. 301, with a slight enhancement.) (Click on the image to enlarge it.)​

This information has been discovered only recently, using advanced equipment to measure temperature, salinity, density, oxygen dissolubility, etc. The human eye cannot see the difference between the two seas that meet, rather the two seas appear to us as one homogeneous sea. Likewise, the human eye cannot see the division of water in estuaries into the three kinds: fresh water, salt water, and the partition (zone of separation).
Look at your figure. See where it says "vertically mixed"? The zone of separation isn't a partition or a barrier; it's the region in which the freshwater mixes with the seawater.

yassin

God has said in the Quran:
aqwas-ys.jpg
Or (the unbelievers’ state) is like the darkness in a deep sea. It is covered by waves, above which are waves, above which are clouds. Darknesses, one above another. If a man stretches out his hand, he cannot see it....
aqwas-ym.jpg
(Quran, 24:40)

This verse mentions the darkness found in deep seas and oceans, where if a man stretches out his hand, he cannot see it. The darkness in deep seas and oceans is found around a depth of 200 meters and below. At this depth, there is almost no light (see figure 15). Below a depth of 1000 meters there is no light at all.1 Human beings are not able to dive more than forty meters without the aid of submarines or special equipment. Human beings cannot survive unaided in the deep dark part of the oceans, such as at a depth of 200 meters.
ch1-1-f-img1.jpg
Figure 15: Between 3 and 30 percent of the sunlight is reflected at the sea surface. Then almost all of the seven colors of the light spectrum are absorbed one after another in the first 200 meters, except the blue light. (Oceans, Elder and Pernetta, p. 27.)
Scientists have recently discovered this darkness by means of special equipment and submarines that have enabled them to dive into the depths of the oceans.
We can also understand from the following sentences in the previous verse, “...in a deep sea. It is covered by waves, above which are waves, above which are clouds....”, that the deep waters of seas and oceans are covered by waves, and above these waves are other waves. It is clear that the second set of waves are the surface waves that we see, because the verse mentions that above the second waves there are clouds. But what about the first waves? Scientists have recently discovered that there are internal waves which “occur on density interfaces between layers of different densities.”2 (see figure 16).
ch1-1-f-img2.jpg
Figure 16: Internal waves at interface between two layers of water of different densities. One is dense (the lower one), the other one is less dense (the upper one). (Oceanography, Gross, p. 204.)
The internal waves cover the deep waters of seas and oceans because the deep waters have a higher density than the waters above them. Internal waves act like surface waves. They can also break, just like surface waves. Internal waves cannot be seen by the human eye, but they can be detected by studying temperature or salinity changes at a given location.3

Footnotes:
(1) Oceans, Elder and Pernetta, p. 27.
(2) Oceanography, Gross, p. 205.
(3) Oceanography, Gross, p. 205.

dogsgod

Is to believe that this universe and what it contains have a Creator Who is Allah the One and the Unique. Allah does not have any partner and He deserves to be worshipped alone .Also, Islam is to believe that Allah is fully aware of all creation and that He sees them and hears them. As well as to believe that He is over his throne above the heavens, One must leave off all worship directed to other than Allah .Also , Islam is to believe that Allah did not create mankind for amusement; rather He created them to worship Him. And He will raise them once again on the Day of Judgment to take them to account of their actions of this life.

Never heard of him.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Better for you to hear of Him before He judge you.He dose not need you,that you who need Him.
Please, think again for yourself.
How nice it is to hear that my creator does not need me and that I am created to live in eternal servitude, forever bowing to his will.

What is wrong with this picture? :D

Trust me, my friend, my "creator" did not create me to worship "him". He actually disdains worship altogether and is quite unimpressed with the self-righteous pious "believers".

Why, exactly, would a being worthy of the title of "god" want to be worshiped?
Answer that and I'll give you a cookie.

Last edited: