• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The first truth told by Bush administration: We Lost Iraq War

Booko

Deviled Hen
greatcalgarian said:
So are we now ready to see another withdrawal like the Vietnam, with all those poor Iraqi supporting the US trying to cling onto leaving helicopters?
We'll see how well my husband's prognostications hold up, as this is pretty much the ending he envisioned during the first summer when Bush first started hinting there was some cause to invade Iraq.

Though I'd expect to see a lot fewer people on helicopters (or the equivalent), because there isn't a geographic split between factions as there was in Vietnam, and also many Iraqis have already left for elsewhere.

And I'm sorry to say, but I expect any uh, "collaborators" will be callously left behind to be murdered by their own people.

Booko

Deviled Hen
michel said:
Being an idealist, I always considered that the waqr was to relieve the downtrodden people of Iraq from a murdering and despicable leader; one who proved the saying "Absolute power corrupts".

Michel, I suggest a crash course in Machiavelli and the notion of Realpolitik.

Humans have very rarely waged war for truly idealistic purposes.

greatcalgarian

Booko said:
And I'm sorry to say, but I expect any uh, "collaborators" will be callously left behind to be murdered by their own people.

That is justice to the Iraqi people who considered these collaborators as traitors of the country:D