• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Fitness Thread

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Share your fitness routines with us and let's encourage each other to get and stay fit! :woohoo:

I go Monday-Saturday to the gym in the morning and do an hour of cardio. Then 3 of those night (usually Mon, Wed, Fri, but not always) I go back in the afternoon and do 45 min - an hour of strength training. Soon I'm hoping to add a night or two of flexability training in there somewhere, yoga most likely since it's offered at my gym and the instructor goes to my church.

This will be my 6th week of going and I really feel great. I had to go to Kentucky this weekend for a wedding and missed my Saturday workout and I just didn't feel right all weekend because of it. I'll be very glad to get back into my routine tomorrow.

:woohoo:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hehee, the scary thing is that I was planning to ask if it was okay to start a thread like this! (Well... More like an exercise/ support thread.)

I'm still working on getting the energy to exercise. My favorite form of it is belly-dancing, which I used to be pretty good at. Hopefully, I can become so again!

standing_on_one_foot

Four days a week I do weight lifting, and one day a week is cardio. And then there's just general walking and hiking and stuff that's not through the school.

The Black Whirlwind

i ride my bike every morning 2.6 miles uphill, except on weekends, and every other day i lift 10-lb weights, 100 times, then push them up into the sky 50 times (first 50, than 25, than the last 50, than the last 25), and i used to do punching motions 100 times with the weights in my hands, but i just am easing back into it, so i haven't starte dthat up yet.

Zephyr

Moved on
Monday-Friday I have swimming for my 6th period class. After school on wednesdays and sometimes fridays, I'll get an extra kilometre of the crawlstroke in. On wednesdays I have what I like to call my combat training. My friends and I pretty much beat the crap out of eachother either boffers or wooden dowels. Sundays I punch stuff.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Monday through Friday: One or two Tae-bo workouts. A half hour to an hour of weight lifting. During the evenings, I do 15 20 yard sprints wearing 10 pound ankle/wrist weights on each limb. And I do 50 push-ups and sit ups. 20 pull ups. 10 push ups with my feet elevated about 2 feet. Maybe 30 minutes swiming and trampoline jumping.
Every other Saturday: Wrestling excorsizes. Usually 10 minutes of rope running, 20 bumps and front bumps, 5 bumps from the top rope, and help train the trainees. Im hoping to be wrestling in actual shows again by summer of next year.

Aqualung

Tasty
Mon, tues, thurs, and fri I go running in the morning. (But last week I was just way too tired to go, and I'm getting sick, so I haven't gone in a while). Wed, thurs, fri, and sat I lift weights. I might lift on mondays, too, if I can figure out a time.

gtrsgrls

I usually walk fast for thirty minutes a day and I recently started benching.I know it's not as extravigant as everybody elses but at least I'm it shape.;)

jonny

I usually workout four times a week, but this last month I've been pretty lazy. I set my alarm for 5:30 and I'm going to get up and start running each morning (M-F). On M, W, and Sat I lift weights.

The company I work for is starting some community fitness/diet site or something (I'm not exactly sure what it is yet). Now that the backend is all programmed we are working on getting the site designed. Once it is finished I'll let everyone know. I guess you'll be able to start groups and stuff and work together to keep everyone fit. :)