• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Forum Clock

artie

Well, that all sounds quite fine and dandy, but those days are over. That's the old Internet. I'm looking for conscious people, people who share the same conscious day with me. I've got plenty of reasons why and I aim to develop my thesis for it. There is a world of difference between communicating with people on the line of a longitude rather than a latitude. Mixing the two has done a very good job at gummin' up the works.

I intend to demonstrate and give verifiable proofs that Eastern Standard Time ranks as one of the greatest times ever to live in, especially in the 21st Century. We who reside in EST live in an unparalleled time. Our rich history and all we have accomplished and all that we look forward to depends upon our time. Who among us would forfeit our citizenship in EST for a paltry portion with Atlantic Time? Who lives in Atlantic Time? Brazilians! Who lives in Central? Flatlanders. It's Eastern for me. I raised my crops here. The soil runs through my blood. :D

First year psych majors :rolleyes:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Well, that all sounds quite fine and dandy, but those days are over. That's the old Internet. I'm looking for conscious people, people who share the same conscious day with me. I've got plenty of reasons why and I aim to develop my thesis for it. There is a world of difference between communicating with people on the line of a longitude rather than a latitude. Mixing the two has done a very good job at gummin' up the works.

Okay. :D Good luck.

artie

Well, I am in +1H
So at least I am a plus :D

What do the timestamps read now? I'm currently using the default setting while getting started here. But if you're on Eastern, I'm certainly willing to come over there where we can communicate. It is actually 9:30 AM over here. :)

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Are you on Atlantic Standard? Your normal conscious day is about equal to my own. I currently have my clock set to Central to agree with the default forum clock setting. You must be on Eastern?

I guess I am central? :confused:

Let's see, normally I use GMT+1, but I believe it is GMT+2 because of daylight saving now?

artie

No. What is the common clock time there? If it is 9:42 or thereabouts, then you are on Eastern.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
US central standard is GMT - 6.

Just pure speculation, but maybe the forum clock is US central time because the founder, Rex, was from the US state of Louisiana. I have no idea where the current owners house our servers.

I never even look at forum clocks. clocks at posts or whatever. Couldn't even care if the forumclock said it was 58:45h or whatever :p

artie

I see that you are interested in mathematics. So am I. I believe in a scientific approach to everything - including web communications. :)