• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Irony of Creationist belief

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
So you are doing the same,maybe?
I have given you Hebrew translation of another example , it did not fit with what you stated.We will see however if what you state next is true

There is no point in translations.You go straight to Hebrew and that's it.If you try to interprete Scriptute you have to study consistently to try to understand it as best as possible.

'Let the Earth cause

It does not say how it happend , it is only 'it happend'.

That is what Evolution is - 'it happend' b

Exactly , 'And the earth began to produce'.

Again - 'it happend'

Which says about the nature of creatures.
Can you live like a fish?

'According to their kinds'.

In the previous sentance it describes them only in 'move and swarm in the waters'.
So , enviourment.

Good way of classification , but that's it - it bothers with nothing more.

'God went on to make'

It does not say here how God made.
It just says he went :)

No that is exactly what you do , since the Bible never specifies how the Earth is in this form.It says only that there is earth and it is been created.It doesn say anything about physics , math , biology.
Scriptute does not bother with Science , have you not realized its use until now?

Scripture bothers with different matter.
Not with science.
As soon as you get that , the better for you.

I mean , at the end what is the use of it?
What makes The Bible to be Holy , the Inside or the Outside,or maybe both?

Your analogy is Apples and Oranges...
Kinds doesn't have a useful enough of a meaning for serious classification. It is a trivial sorting by gross morphology and doesn't differentiate organisms into species or higher classifications.

gnostic

The Lost One
Your cells are thirsty. This is the idea behind the Cellular Water Principle®, a revolutionary concept developed by world-renowned dermatologist Dr. Howard Murad(yep, he’s also the founder of Murad® skin care). The gist: Hydration doesn’t just happen at a surface level, but rather inside the very building blocks of your body—and this affects the way your skin looks on the outside. In this edition of our Doctor's Office series, Dr. Murad breaks down the science behind his theory and shares how you can apply it for healthier, plumper skin.​

Yes, I talk about hydration in my previous post.

There are many things that keep cells "healthy", some sort of nutrients (energy sources), enzymes (proteins) & metabolism, some sorts of respiratory intakes (oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, etc).

Water are important to living organisms, but it isn't the only thing that keep humans alive and healthy.

Pogo

Btw, @wellwisher . This:

What do you mean by “cellular water”?

I’ve never heard of that.

There is the obvious water molecule. There are also heavy water, salt water (seas, oceans), fresh water, brackish water, and so on.

And then there are cells, which there are many types of cells, but it can be broadly divided into 2 types:
  1. prokaryotic cell - a cell that have no membrane-covered nucleus and no organelles (which are found among the prokaryotes in domain Bacteria and domain archaea)
  2. eukaryotic cell - a cell that do have nucleus and at least one organelle (eukaryotes that are divided into the following kingdoms - Protista, Plantae, Fungi & Animalia).
These cells have all sorts of biological compounds and molecules. And as far as I understand cell biology, there are no “water cells”.

So. What is “cellular water”?
“And as human beings, you and I need fresh, pure water to replenish our precious bodily fluids. Are you beginning to understand?” Jack D. Ripper

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
The Creationists are requested to
1) Please furnish a videographic evidence of a new species coming from thin air (or from rocks...whatever). Since, apparently, new species are not created through modification of existing populations over time, they must be arising from thin air. Please present videographic evidence of the same. Surely God can make at least one little new species from air upon request? No?
2) Explain the following set of verses from the Bible that clearly states that life emerged from nature/earth and diversified into many kinds in accordance with the will of God (no mention of God creating anything). Genesis 1
Then God said, “Let the earth put forth vegetation: plants yielding seed and fruit trees of every kind on earth that bear fruit with the seed in it.” And it was so. 12 The earth brought forth vegetation: plants yielding seed of every kind and trees of every kind bearing fruit with the seed in it. And God saw that it was good.
God said, “Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the dome of the sky.” 21 So God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, of every kind, with which the waters swarm and every winged bird of every kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23 And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day.

Notice that God is doing nothing himself. The natural systems (earth, water and air) are creating the creatures in accordance with the will of God. And the creatures themselves are multiplying and diversifying within their kinds (clades) by their own potential in accordance to the will and blessing of God.
And this process is defined as "God creating“ the living things.

This in Genesis 2, when God is said to create the humans and animals ..this is the methodology that is being alluded to.

There is nothing described here that is fundamentally at odds with the abiogenesis and evolutionary processes that are described by scientists as the manner in with the natural elements of the earth brought forth life and how life then diversified by its own nature. Bible merely adds that these capabilities come to the natural world through the will and blessing of God.

So .....what is the problem again Creationists???
The problem? Evolution over billions of years never took place. That’s painfully obvious imo.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes, I talk about hydration in my previous post.

There are many things that keep cells "healthy", some sort of nutrients (energy sources), enzymes (proteins) & metabolism, some sorts of respiratory intakes (oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, etc).

Water are important to living organisms, but it isn't the only thing that keep humans alive and healthy.
I believe you are correct. Which reminds me that Jesus said he can give living water leading to eternal (not temporary) life. Thank you for mentioning about hydration. Although I try to stay hydrated from regular water, I know diet soda is not that good for me but I have it anyway.

However, I believe there is a different type of water, as explained by Jesus in the incident with a woman at the well:
John 4 NIV
"The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)
10Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
11“Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”
13Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Pogo

The problem? Evolution over billions of years never took place. That’s painfully obvious imo. We’ve only been here about 45 years and it’ll all end soon. Then it will begin again. And again and again and again….
In your considered opinion.

Excuse us if we give it all the respect your logic seems to deserve.

I have already exceeded your 45 year cycle and have seen no evidence of a woodchuck since I shot the rabid one on my property 25 years ago.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I listened to a few of Feynman's lectures and the statement he made about nature that you quote takes me back to my younger years when I would explore woods, climb trees (even as a teenager), among other things. While I can't do those things now, I look forward to enjoying similar types of activities again.

I listened to a few of Feynman's lectures and the statement he made about nature that you quote takes me back to my younger years when I would explore woods, climb trees (even as a teenager), among other things. While I can't do those things now, I look forward to enjoying similar types of activities again.
Feynman lectures and interviews are fun to watch. He was a masterful teacher.

gnostic

The Lost One
Thank you for mentioning about hydration. Although I try to stay hydrated from regular water, I know diet soda is not that good for me but I have it anyway.

Most animals require water, to keep themselves hydrated. But it not necessary to drink water.

For instance, koalas don't water, because any stream could have predators near the water; koalas are not known for their running speed. They obtained their water from chewing leaves of eucalyptus trees.

Audie

Veteran Member
Most animals require water, to keep themselves hydrated. But it not necessary to drink water.

For instance, koalas don't water, because any stream could have predators near the water; koalas are not known for their running speed. They obtained their water from chewing leaves of eucalyptus trees.
" possibly because"