• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

ZooGirl02

"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
--Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like."
--St. Augustine of Hippo

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
"I do repent. But heaven hath pleased it so,
To punish me with this and this with me,
That I must be their scourge and minister.
I will bestow him and will answer well
The death I gave him. So, again, good night.
I must be cruel only to be kind.
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind." Hamlet: Act 3, Scene 4

Knight of Albion

'I refuse to eat animals because I cannot nourish myself on the suffering and by the death of other creatures.
I refuse to so it because I have suffered so painfully myself that I can feel the pain of others by recalling my own sufferings'
- Edgar Kupfer (Survivor of Dachau concentration camp)

Knight of Albion

'All creatures fear before danger, life is dear to all. When a man considers this he does not kill or cause to kill' - Gautama Buddha

Knight of Albion

Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
Everything is worthy of kindness.

Knight of Albion

No one has yet realised the wealth of sympathy, the kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child.
The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure
Emma Goldman

Indira

Lao-Tzu

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders

To know yet to think that one does not know is best;
Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.

Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill.
Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Chase after money and security and your heart will never unclench.
Care about other people's approval and you will be their prisoner.
Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.

Indira

The essence of all spiritual life is your attitude toward others. Once you have pure and sincere motives all the rest follows.

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard - call it conscience - not just according to society's knowledge and judgment of your deeds.

When we practice, initially, as a basis we control ourselves, stopping the bad actions which hurt others as much as we can. This is defensive. After that, when we develop certain qualifications, then as an active goal we should help others. In the first stage, sometimes we need isolation while pursuing our own inner development; however, after you have some confidence, some strength, you must remain with, contact, and serve society in any field -- health, education, politics, or whatever.
There are people who call themselves religious-minded, trying to show this by dressing in a peculiar manner, maintaining a peculiar way of life, and isolating themselves from the rest of society. That is wrong. A scripture of mind-purification (mind-training) says, "Transform your inner viewpoint, but leave your external appearance as it is." This is important. Because the very purpose of practicing the Great Vehicle is service for others, you should not isolate yourselves from society. In order to serve, in order to help, you must remain in society.
A Policy of Kindness/ Dalai Lama