• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Compassion-dissolves-anger.png

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest complement or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around"

~ Leo Buscaglia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"To make things as easy as possible to understand, we can summarize the four boundless qualities in a single phrase “a kind heart”. Just train yourself to have a kind heart always and in all situations."

~ Patrul Rinpoche

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Just found this article -

When I was a first-year medical student, my classmates and I used to go down to the hospital cafeteria between lectures to buy snacks. The women from whom we bought them at the check-out counters were all young and sullen, rarely even glancing up at their customers as they rang up purchases. Their customers, in turn, seemed equally uninterested in them. So I decided one day I was going to get them to smile each time they rang up my purchases. To do this, I decided I'd simply start smiling at them myself.

"Hello!" I started saying each time I'd approach. At first, they actually shrank from me physically. But within a few days, they started to smile back at me. And as time passed and I continued to smile and say a bright hello each time I came before them, I noticed something interesting: most of the time they were still wearing the same lifeless expressions. I'd become their "on" switch. Their focus was so concrete that to the person in line right before me they remained their same apparently disinterested, unhappy selves. But as soon as I entered the narrow band of space immediately before them, their eyes would suddenly light up and their mouths would curve into a smile. And I could tell, though we never exchanged any words other than "hello" and they knew absolutely nothing about me, that they were genuinely glad to see me.

For the full story -

Smiling at Strangers

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's one of my favourite sites -

I pray to be the face of compassion –
that those who come within my view
find a cordial, kindly reception
written upon my facial landscape.

I pray to be the ears of compassion –
that those who come filled with distress
will experience my attentive presence,
ready to listen without distraction.

I pray to be the eyes of compassion –
that those who lack society's support
will receive my nonjudgmental gaze,
a look of unbiased, heartfelt welcome.

More here -

Book Reviews | Books | Spirituality & Practice

Plus check-out the menus at top and on the right-hand-side.

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Another excellent site -

This is my invitation to you. Be kind. Be kind to those who don’t yet know how to be kind. Be kind to those who have a belief system that differs from yours. Be kind to the bullied and bully. In being kind to others, you will learn deeper kindness for yourself. Chose to engage. Chose to be the change. Your kindness matters.

Your Kindness Matters

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Found another interesting article -

In order to effectively practice laws of karma, you must remember a few simple basic concepts: 1. Be kind to yourself. 2. Be kind to others. Do not beat yourself up over things you can not change. Keep the circle of kindness, sharing, and love in motion so negativity is blocked from everyone that circle impacts. It does not take huge acts to accomplish this. A smile and a friendly nod or sharing a drink of water with a thirsty stranger are simple enough to brighten the day. By following these tips to practice law of karma, happiness and peace will become abundant and infectious among all creatures in life.

https://www.powerofpositivity.com/10-law-of-karma/

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Check-out this site -

https://gentleartofblessing.org/

On awakening, bless this day, for it is already full of unseen good which your blessings will call forth; for to bless is to acknowledge the unlimited good that is embedded in the very texture of the universe and awaiting each and all.

On passing people in the street, on the bus, in places of work and play, bless them. The peace of your blessing will accompany them on their way and the aura of its gentle fragrance will be a light to their path.

On meeting and talking to people, bless them in their health, their work, their joy, their relationships to God, themselves, and others. Bless them in their abundance, their finances, bless them in every conceivable way, for such blessings not only sow seeds of healing but one day will spring forth as flowers of joy in the waste places of your own life.

Plus their menus ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Found one more site -

Deep down we are all of the same kind. We all want to feel at ease, to be treated with respect, to feel cared for and appreciated. None of us want to feel criticized, rejected, humiliated, ignored or manipulated. To reduce it to its simplest terms, we each want to feel loved. I do not mean love in a romantic sense, or some outpouring of emotion, but simple caring. This is the universal bottom line of every human relationship. We all want to feel cared for. We want to be treated kindly.

Comes from here -

https://www.stillnessspeaks.com/kindness-russell-2-n/

Enjoy!