• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Koran is the Word of God? How do we know this?

MSizer

MSizer
OK, I've heard it way too many times, and I haven't heard a convincing argument yet. So, please bring it on. Where is this "proof" that the Qur'an is the word of God?

Fatihah

OK, I've heard it way too many times, and I haven't heard a convincing argument yet. So, please bring it on. Where is this "proof" that the Qur'an is the word of God?

Response: In ch: 4:82 of the qur'an we read, "Will they not,then, meditate upon the Qur'an? Had it been from anyone other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy". Also in ch.2:23 we read "And if you are in doubt as to what We have sent down to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it, and call upon your helpers beside Allah, if you are truthful".

Here we have two tests. Once applied, we come to learn that the qur'an is in fact the truthful word of Allah(swt).

MSizer

MSizer
Response: In ch: 4:82 of the qur'an we read, "Will they not,then, meditate upon the Qur'an? Had it been from anyone other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy". Also in ch.2:23 we read "And if you are in doubt as to what We have sent down to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it, and call upon your helpers beside Allah, if you are truthful".

Here we have two tests. Once applied, we come to learn that the qur'an is in fact the truthful word of Allah(swt).

"Because it says so in the Qur'an"? Nice try. Maybe I need to rephrase the question. Can you show me some evidence for this? As for the second part, Emmanuel Kant, David Hume, Peter Singer, Friedrick Nietzche and Thomas Payne have written books far more enlightening than the Koran, so if the Koran is really the word of god, each of those men is smarter than god. Please, do feel welcome to try again though.

MSizer

MSizer
the test of patience begins.........

I wish you all the luck in the world, Msizer, but I bet you give up with Fatihah.

hahahah! Thanks dood. Well, I have to sign out for tonight, but I can't wait to login again tomorrow morning to see what I get.

Cheers.

Fatihah

Taken from the thread "Did Muhammed make the Night Journey".

Actually Fatihah, I'm quite sure you're wrong about that, but since I can't actually speak for him (even though you seem to think you can) I'll just speak for myself. The Koran is nothing more than a bunch of literature written by a shrewd illiterate business man who hid away in a cave and had delusions about the angel gabriel.

Response: There's the statement. Where's the proof?

Fatihah

"Because it says so in the Qur'an"? Nice try. Maybe I need to rephrase the question. Can you show me some evidence for this? As for the second part, Emmanuel Kant, David Hume, Peter Singer, Friedrick Nietzche and Thomas Payne have written books far more enlightening than the Koran, so if the Koran is really the word of god, each of those men is smarter than god. Please, do feel welcome to try again though.

Response: You've neither pointed to any error in the qur'an, nor have you produced a chapter like it. So your response alone only shows support that the qur'an is the word of Allah.

themadhair

Response: There's the statement. Where's the proof?
Here is the proof:
koran.jpg

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Response: You've neither pointed to any error in the qur'an, nor have you produced a chapter like it. So your response alone only shows support that the qur'an is the word of Allah.

Actually, he has pointed to an error: use of circular logic.

"The Qur'an is the Word of God because it says it is the Word of God."

This is an error in logical thinking, because it proves nothing.

As for producing a chapter like it, he has not only done so, but has produced many entire books (through naming their authors) that, for him, far surpass the Qur'an. "Produce a chapter like it" doesn't mean write one yourself.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Response: In ch: 4:82 of the qur'an we read, "Will they not,then, meditate upon the Qur'an? Had it been from anyone other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy".

This same verse can be used for other books that people believe to be from God, and therefore useless in attempting to prove that the Qur'an ALONE is the Word of God.

Much of the time, when one author or "prophet" is involved, there is little to no discrepancy at all in a holy text.

Fatihah

Actually, he has pointed to an error: use of circular logic.

"The Qur'an is the Word of God because it says it is the Word of God."

This is an error in logical thinking, because it proves nothing.

As for producing a chapter like it, he has not only done so, but has produced many entire books (through naming their authors) that, for him, far surpass the Qur'an. "Produce a chapter like it" doesn't mean write one yourself.

Response: Actually, he, like yourself, are making the claim of me saying, "The Qur'an is the word of God because it says it's the word of God", when in all actually, you can't quote any of my words which say this. Those are your words. So the illogical is on your part, for using a strawman as your rebuttle. As for producing a chapter like it, saying he did is not "proof" that he's done so.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Response: Actually, he, like yourself, are making the claim of me saying, "The Qur'an is the word of God because it says it's the word of God", when in all actually, you can't quote any of my words which say this. Those are your words. So the illogical is on your part, for using a strawman as your rebuttle. As for producing a chapter like it, saying he did is not "proof" that he's done so.

They are his words, not mine; I am merely commentating on his post. You can see my own argument to the verse you've provided.

He has produced for you many books that for him are not like the Qur'an, for they surpass it. (Again, that's for him. Nietzsche doesn't do much for me... and neither does the Qur'an.)

Fatihah

They are his words, not mine; I am merely commentating on his post. You can see my own argument to the verse you've provided.

He has produced for you many books that for him are not like the Qur'an, for they surpass it. (Again, that's for him. Nietzsche doesn't do much for me... and neither does the Qur'an.)

Response: And again, his "saying" so is not "proof" that it is so.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Response: And again, his "saying" so is not "proof" that it is so.

Ah, I get it. He says that these books match the Qur'an, but just because he says so, doesn't mean it is so. Such skepticism is good.

Can you test this skepticism and attempt to prove that these books do not surpass the Qur'an?

By the way, do please respond to Post #12. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Fatihah

This same verse can be used for other books that people believe to be from God, and therefore useless in attempting to prove that the Qur'an ALONE is the Word of God.

Much of the time, when one author or "prophet" is involved, there is little to no discrepancy at all in a holy text.

Response: The verse can be used for other books and does not alone prove the qur'an to be the word of Allah(swt). I agree. However, I didn't use just that verse. An error thus would prove that it's not from Allah. When we find that there is no error, it does not prove that it is from Allah, but supports it. It is verse 2:23 that confirms 4.82 and the verses together prove that the qur'an is from Allah.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Response: The verse can be used for other books and does not alone prove the qur'an to be the word of Allah(swt). I agree. However, I didn't use just that verse.
using the koran to "prove" the koran is true is circular reasoning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatihah

Ah, I get it. He says that these books match the Qur'an, but just because he says so, doesn't mean it is so. Such skepticism is good.

Can you test this skepticism and attempt to prove that these books do not surpass the Qur'an?

Response: I never read these books. However, the tests shows that the qur'an is the word of Allah(swt). Since that is the case, we can use it to see that it states that there is no other revelation after the qur'an. So those books can not be the word of Allah.