• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Koran is the Word of God? How do we know this?

ThereIsNoSpoon

But don't you see...
That just PROVES that the koran is from Allah himself!!!!!

Yes, this post is sarcasm
Well of course ....
Since he leads astray whom he wants he will of course lead all those astray that havent memorized the quran. And the others of course are the shielded ones that know what is good quality in holy scriptures.

Fatihah

Oh folks that really is a stupid story.

As I said before the challenge was already MET.

I have myself created verses in arabic and they WERE accepted by muslims IF those muslims had not memorized the quran completely and thought it was from within the book.

IF they knew the quran and thus knew that my verses were not quranic then they allways rejected them.

I see this as clear indication that the challenge is senseless. It CANT possibly be met generally. There is no objective set of indicators by which one could neutrally (without influence of his own religion) judge any verses.

Response: There's the statement. Where's the proof? You've created a chapter like the qur'an's? Then bring it forward. This I have to see.

Last edited:

MSizer

MSizer
Thank you all who have beaten your head against a wall with me. I'm satisfied that the utter silence of rational supporters of the opinion that the Koran is a literal script of god's word puts it happily to rest. So, the Koran, just like the bible, is bunk. Thanks Fatihah, for your exemplary exposure of the absurdity of the notion that the scriptures are divine. I am perfectly comfortable with the conclusion that good old prophet Mo (mhrih) probably was either a great deceiver, or had Joan of Arc epilipsy, and everyone who takes the Koran literally is irrational.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Fatihah

Thank you all who have beaten your head against a wall with me. I'm satisfied that the utter silence of rational supporters of the opinion that the Koran is a literal script of god's word puts it happily to rest. So, the Koran, just like the bible, is bunk. Thanks Fatihah, for your exemplary exposure of the absurdity of the notion that the scriptures are divine. I am perfectly comfortable with the conclusion that good old prophet Mo (mhrih) probably was either a great deceiver, or had Joan of Arc epilipsy, and everyone who takes the Koran literally is irrational.

Cheers.

Response: And thank you for once again demonstrating that you yourself throughout the whole thread could not produce a chapter like the qur'an, just like everyone else who was presented the challenge, thus confirming your own denial to the fact that the qur'an is the true word of Allah. For if the qur'an could have been possibly created by man, you yourself as a man should have created a chapter like the qur'an to prove this as the case. But as we read the thread, we see that not even a single syllable was created from you in response, thus confirming your denial. So I thank you, for your own words testify that the qur'an is the word of Allah.

Last edited:

ThereIsNoSpoon

Response: There's the statement. Where's the proof? You've created a chapter like the qur'an's? Then bring it forward. This I have to see.
I do not see what benefit it would bring to show you verses which you know to be not in the quran. As I said before it is simply nonsense to assume that you would accept them.

Fatihah

I do not see what benefit it would bring to show you verses which you know to be not in the quran. As I said before it is simply nonsense to assume that you would accept them.

Response: Simply amazing. You claim you have proof that the qur'an is not from Allah because you've created a chapter like the qur'an, you were asked to present it and bring it forward, and what do you do? Nothing. Why? The reason is obvious. It's because you don't have it. If you did, you would have brought it forward, thus once again confirming another person's denial to the fact that the qur'an is the true word of Allah.

MSizer

MSizer
Response: Simply amazing. You claim you have proof that the qur'an is not from Allah because you've created a chapter like the qur'an, you were asked to present it and bring it forward, and what do you do? Nothing. Why? The reason is obvious. It's because you don't have it. If you did, you would have brought it forward, thus once again confirming another person's denial to the fact that the qur'an is the true word of Allah.

Actually Fatihah, no, he didn't claim to have created a chapter like the qur'an at all. He claimed it wouldn't be worth it because all you'd do is deny that it's better anyway.

I'd like to take another approach though. How about the fact that the prophet Mo (mhrih) didn't write a single thing down? How can you claim (without using qur'anic passages) that the written verses we see today are the same words Mo uttered over the course of 22 years? We know that none of it was written while he was alive, so how can we say they're exactly as he spoke?

Fatihah

Actually Fatihah, no, he didn't claim to have created a chapter like the qur'an at all. He claimed it wouldn't be worth it because all you'd do is deny that it's better anyway.

I'd like to take another approach though. How about the fact that the prophet Mo (mhrih) didn't write a single thing down? How can you claim (without using qur'anic passages) that the written verses we see today are the same words Mo uttered over the course of 22 years? We know that none of it was written while he was alive, so how can we say they're exactly as he spoke?

Response: First, he did claim so in post 41. Secondly, I don't know who Mo (mhrih) is. The prophet is Muhammad (pbuh). When you have a sincere question concerning him, I'll be happy to answer.

MSizer

MSizer
Response: First, he did claim so in post 41. Secondly, I don't know who Mo (mhrih) is. The prophet is Muhammad (pbuh). When you have a sincere question concerning him, I'll be happy to answer.

OK fine, I'll stoop, just cuz I'm not letting you avoid the question. Here is my reworded version.

I'd like to take another approach though. How about the fact that the prophet, Muhammed Ibn Abdullah (pbuh), born 570 CE of Amina in Mecca, didn't write a single thing down? How can you claim (without using qur'anic passages) that the written verses we see today, all 114 Surahs, written from longest to shortest, are the supposed infallable words of Allah, uttered over the course of 22 years by the prophet? We know that none of it was written while he was alive, so how can anyone say with good reason that they're exactly as he spoke?

Renji

OK, I've heard it way too many times, and I haven't heard a convincing argument yet. So, please bring it on. Where is this "proof" that the Qur'an is the word of God?

Hmm, I think you should put this thread in Gen religious debates or something like that.;)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
As you guys can see, Fatihah cannot be argued with.

When someone doesn't produce something, he jumps to the conclusion that it doesn't exist. When someone DOES provide something, he strangely doesn't seem to realize the post exists.

Fatihah

OK fine, I'll stoop, just cuz I'm not letting you avoid the question. Here is my reworded version.

I'd like to take another approach though. How about the fact that the prophet, Muhammed Ibn Abdullah (pbuh), born 570 CE of Amina in Mecca, didn't write a single thing down? How can you claim (without using qur'anic passages) that the written verses we see today, all 114 Surahs, written from longest to shortest, are the supposed infallable words of Allah, uttered over the course of 22 years by the prophet? We know that none of it was written while he was alive, so how can anyone say with good reason that they're exactly as he spoke?

Response: Simple. In order to prove that something is impossible to be created by man or any human being, we show whether or not it is possible for a man to create it. In this case, it is the qur'an. If you yourself can't produce a chapter like the qur'an or show that such a task is humanly possible, then that means that the qur'an was not created by any human, thus confirming that it is from Allah(swt).

Fatihah

As you guys can see, Fatihah cannot be argued with.

When someone doesn't produce something, he jumps to the conclusion that it doesn't exist. When someone DOES provide something, he strangely doesn't seem to realize the post exists.

Response: To the contrary, what we see is that you can't produce a chapter like the qur'an and thus your own actions support the fact that the qur'an is from Allah.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Response: To the contrary, what we see is that you can't produce a chapter like the qur'an and thus your own actions support the fact that the qur'an is from Allah.

I produced for you two books: Jurassic Park and Dancing With Siva, neither of which are God's word, but are greater than the Qur'an.

EDIT: ...in my opinion.

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
....but these go to 11
45c98a2fc30ed97e

love

tri-polar optimist
Response: Simple. In order to prove that something is impossible to be created by man or any human being, we show whether or not it is possible for a man to create it. In this case, it is the qur'an. If you yourself can't produce a chapter like the qur'an or show that such a task is humanly possible, then that means that the qur'an was not created by any human, thus confirming that it is from Allah(swt).
Fatihah, although you are unrelenting in your efforts to show "proof" that the Koran is the Word of God what you see as clear "proof' may seem foolish and illogical to someone else without your background and beliefs.
My background and beliefs are different from yours. For example there is a verse in the N/T that states, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son that who so ever shall believe in Him shall have everlasting life."
In my opinion since the Koran denies this it is proof enough for me that the Koran is not the Word of God. ;)