• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'll just win one more time before going on to another activity that does not involve sitting in front of a computer screen. I might however, find it necessary to win using my phone. We'll see.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Twice over the past year a couple people have thought I'm not even old enough to drink. :astonished:
Were they right? (Once upon a time myself and 4 friends entered a bar where the age had just dropped to 18. (Border town, one side was 19, the other 18, some businesses suffered.) Two of us were underage. Guess what? The waitress asked all 3 that were of age, and then gave up, assuming we all were.)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Were they right? (Once upon a time myself and 4 friends entered a bar where the age had just dropped to 18. (Border town, one side was 19, the other 18, some businesses suffered.) Two of us were underage. Guess what? The waitress asked all 3 that were of age, and then gave up, assuming we all were.)
If I would've had a baby in high school, one of them who asked would have been young enough to be my daughter. Another, part of group, another in that group called me "kid," and they looked like the kids to me, lmao.
I'm 33, so they were way off, but it's a nice comment. Except when they look at my weird when I listen to Pearl Jam or Nirvana. Then it gets a little weird because I already went through that "are you old enough to be listening to" thingy when I was a kid and it was Aerosmith, Styx, Kansas, Billy Joel, Steve Miller, and so on.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Great fun for me as well back in the day.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Great fun for me as well back in the day.
We (Alberta) went from 21 to 18 overnight. One friend, a 17 year old guy who had a full beard at 14 had been going into the bar for a couple of years when it was 21, but then when it turned to 18, because of who he was with, the waitress asked him too.He wasn't impressed.

All the guys between 18 and 21 weren't happy as all the young'uns got to go in. The novelty wore off in a couple of months. No more beer runs to Saskatchewan. (where it had been 19)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We (Alberta) went from 21 to 18 overnight. One friend, a 17 year old guy who had a full beard at 14 had been going into the bar for a couple of years when it was 21, but then when it turned to 18, because of who he was with, the waitress asked him too.He wasn't impressed.

All the guys between 18 and 21 weren't happy as all the young'uns got to go in. The novelty wore off in a couple of months. No more beer runs to Saskatchewan. (where it had been 19)
Age went down? That's a surprise given that raising the drinking age was the pattern here.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
If I would've had a baby in high school, one of them who asked would have been young enough to be my daughter. Another, part of group, another in that group called me "kid," and they looked like the kids to me, lmao.
I'm 33, so they were way off, but it's a nice comment. Except when they look at my weird when I listen to Pearl Jam or Nirvana. Then it gets a little weird because I already went through that "are you old enough to be listening to" thingy when I was a kid and it was Aerosmith, Styx, Kansas, Billy Joel, Steve Miller, and so on.

I'm horrible with young women who are older than they look. I keep embarrassing myself by thinking they're younger than they are. I've learned to say nothing. One woman in Victoria, for example, has a daughter going to Harvard. So before I saw the daughter, I asked the Mother how school was going. She looked about 20.