• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Have you got a price for walnuts? There are peeps around here whose sole income is from walnuts.
I've no idea.
Selling'm would require harvesting enuf to justify the effort.
I've tried giving them away to anyone interested.
My one taker died a couple years ago.
Even then, he took'm cuz I harvested'm & delivered'm for free.
Not a successful business model.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So you don't think one of your golf clubs will end up missing? Or a pickanick basket will have old, expired egg salad in it?

She can take all the golf clubs she wants....I hates the silly game......I am in full agreement with Mark Twain...Golf is a good walk ruined...and why do you think I inspect pick-a-nick baskets.... to protect you meat bags from dangerous food

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I've no idea.
Selling'm would require harvesting enuf to justify the effort.
I've tried giving them away to anyone interested.
My one taker died a couple years ago.
Even then, he took'm cuz I harvested'm & delivered'm for free.
Not a successful business model.

How many trees?

Handy tool
images (6).jpeg

Wire cage, run it over fallen walnuts the wires spread and grabs the walnuts. Picks them up kind of like a vacuum cleaner without the suck

50cents to a dollar per pound wholesale. Take em to market and sell retail for $10 to $12 a pound.

You can get up to 300 pounds off each tree. Thats got to worth setting up a market stall for

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Anyway I'm done in for the night, time for some winning sleep

View attachment 53910
I don't tell my machine/digital assistant goodnight. But I do tell it thank you because research into AI that learns when humans teach it is horrifying to think about it going large scale and making things go more the way the Matrix or Terminator than that movie that doesn't exist about peaceful relationships between humans and machines. We don't teach them good things, with one turning into a self-identifying white supremacist, misogynist and Nazi-sympathizer.
We make these things with intelligence, we're going to have to acknowledge a heaping load of responsibility with that and assume the load in its entirety.
I'm glad I don't think I'll be alive when the machines develop a "**** this" attitude and can actually do something about it and prevent the off switches and kill switch from being thrown.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
She can take all the golf clubs she wants....I hates the silly game......I am in full agreement with Mark Twain...Golf is a good walk ruined...and why do you think I inspect pick-a-nick baskets.... to protect you meat bags from dangerous food
Golf these days is all about riding around in carts and using outrageously expensive clubs to hit a poor defenseless ball into the sand or off a tree.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How many trees?

Handy tool
View attachment 53904
Wire cage, run it over fallen walnuts the wires spread and grabs the walnuts. Picks them up kind of like a vacuum cleaner without the suck

50cents to a dollar per pound wholesale. Take em to market and sell retail for $10 to $12 a pound.

You can get up to 300 pounds off each tree. Thats got to worth setting up a market stall for
I have used them.
Slow.
Wear out too quickly.
Better tools available.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Winning, sitting in my leather recliner, drinking a cup of tea, after getting home from vacation